Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,188
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:08:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The City And The City... on BBC2... TONIGHT!

Started by Spoon of Ploff, April 06, 2018, 11:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Hello there.

I only just found out that the BBC 2 have turned this China Miéville book into a series starting tonight at 9PM.

A brief trailer then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=h9Ds23M9-RE

This was the first China book I read, and I really enjoyed it... thinking about a third read even as I type. The idea that there are these two cities entwined but the citizens of one cannot cross into, or even acknowledge the other appealed to me. Not sure if the Beep are going to f**k it up or not. I hope not.

Either way it'll be more Science Fiction on the telly that isn't Dr Who which can't be a bad thing.... not that I don't like Dr Who... I like Dr Who.

Anyone else read the book and interested in what a TV version will look like?

Spoon of Ploff

Ah. Alberon beat me too it.  Ignore this for the waste of time and energy it so shamefully is.

kngen

I dunno, you called the BBC 'the Beep', which made me smile.

Looking forward to this if for nothing more than seeing how they pull the whole dual cities thing off. As I recall it takes a bit of time in the book to figure out what's going on so intrigued as to how they handle it.

Alberon

From what I've read they're using colours. Each city has a unique palette.