Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:50:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy’s Homemade Show [split topic]

Started by Pseudopath, March 23, 2018, 10:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Z

Was a bit worried I was hating that initially, he just about got the music right enough that I was grinning by the end though.
I wonder if it's basically just going to be a whole load of bits and pieces of him being a weirdo in his house? I'd lap that up.

Beyond 2 Souls seemed like way too much of a slog to even be funny in a stream. The higher production values and bigger plot just stripped away the funny aspects of Heavy Rain, which at the very least ramped the melodrama up to interesting levels.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Pseudopath on March 23, 2018, 10:43:51 PM
Here's a very amusing clip of Limmy's Homemade Show: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0622ph5

Lunatic.

YAAAAASSSSSS, as I believe the expression goes. Can't wait.

Beagle 2

Kinda wish he'd just done the Patreon though  Sounded like a perfect fit. Obviously can't wait for this though.

Malcy

Quote from: Pseudopath on March 23, 2018, 10:43:51 PM
Here's a very amusing clip of Limmy's Homemade Show: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0622ph5

Lunatic.

Love it. Been stuck in my head since last night. Need a full length version!

Dog Botherer

lost it when the chicken bit hit. can't wait.

Custard

Rewatching Limmy's Show, its striking how much better the cast is for series 2 and 3. Found myself groaning at some of the performances in the first series, especially the two blokes

As much as I like most of the first series, the second is such a massive step up. The hit rate is much higher, and the first two episodes had me laughing like a nobhead throughout

Limmy's Show - it were good

Malcy

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 25, 2018, 01:01:18 PM
Rewatching Limmy's Show, its striking how much better the cast is for series 2 and 3. Found myself groaning at some of the performances in the first series, especially the two blokes

As much as I like most of the first series, the second is such a massive step up. The hit rate is much higher, and the first two episodes had me laughing like a nobhead throughout

Limmy's Show - it were good

I prefer the cast in the first series. Specifically Raymond Means who is hilarious.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBShbUUwwVQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=egjRWJa3YCk

Mango Chimes

Why the fuck is this only being shown on BBC2 Scotland? I mean, iPlayer makes it less important, but there's still no space for Limmy on BBC2 in England?

Pseudopath

Haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but here's a new trailer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062c1w1

Let me know if it's any cop.

EDIT: Ah...it's just that Buckle My Shoe clip again with a couple of random shots inserted.

Dog Botherer

Just showed the 6 year old this, he was in absolute bits and demanded to watch it 10 times before i got my phone back. Bodes well.

hedgehog90

Really enjoyed that.
Is it a one off or a series then?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It's a one-off, but hopefully a series will follow eventually.

mobias

Z

Someone gave him 500 pound on an overwatch stream there a few days ago...

asids

Quote from: Z on March 31, 2018, 06:08:21 PM

That's not totally uncommon for the big streamers. If you look on YouTube there's people on Twitch who have got 4 figure donations. I'm really surprised they'd give that much to a guy who makes a pretty decent living doing telly and book stuff rather than somebody who relies solely on streaming as a full-time job though.

Z

Quote from: asids on March 31, 2018, 07:10:19 PM
That's not totally uncommon for the big streamers. If you look on YouTube there's people on Twitch who have got 4 figure donations. I'm really surprised they'd give that much to a guy who makes a pretty decent living doing telly and book stuff rather than somebody who relies solely on streaming as a full-time job though.
I usually chalk the 4 figure ones down to lonely tech savants and/or middle eastern kids with no grasp on money at all. I can kinda get how some kid earning 6 figures would be blown away by the skills required to complete mario bros in 5 minutes, getting caught up in the moment.

Limmy is a really odd one to be getting that much, especially on an Overwatch stream which are tedious as fuck.

hedgehog90

Quote from: Z on March 31, 2018, 06:08:21 PM

Youtube link with timecode please.

Z

Quote from: hedgehog90 on April 02, 2018, 10:30:33 AM
Youtube link with timecode please.

It'll be the one that mentions it in the title and has a link right below in the comments.

asids

Quote from: Calistan on April 02, 2018, 09:19:43 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/read-this/limmy-im-more-into-strange-things-and-madness-than-jokes/

So it's just a one-off then, or a pilot? Hmm.

Quote"Sometimes there were certain things in Limmy's Show where I'd be having to come up with six episodes and as a result there was stuff in there that wasn't my favourite and I'd think, 'ach I'll shove that in this episode'.

"But with this it's just one episode and I'd already come up with loads of stuff, and I could bin the stuff that I didn't like."

But then there's this...

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/976532217567629314

He seems to be contradicting himself a bit, unless he's just using the wrong wording in that Scotsman interview. The media have been reporting it as an one-off haven't they? I don't think they'd be using "one-off" if it was actually a pilot with a view to a series.

Calistan

Maybe if it is successful it can be a monthly thing or whatever. Here's hoping.

Led Souptin

On one of his monopoly streams his said something along the lines of "it was supposed to be a pilot but the bbc keep using phrases like 'one off special'. but i know i can count on the patreon supporters if it falls through'

No idea why he went with the bbc in the first place, was looking like he'd be getting 10 grand per patreon episode, bbc can't pay that much for a one aff can they?

Wet Blanket

I suspect he's showing his age to the extent that he still regards TV as the respectable medium and a better reflection of the show's success than massive online popularity.

I think he's made a mistake personally and would have rather seen a series of home-made shows, free from any of the restrictions of TV, like many others would have been prepared t pay for it. In the highly likely event it was a success he could have blown open a whole new avenue for sketch comedy in ways Richard Herring could only dream of. Instead I bet this pilot'll get its showing on BBC Scotland, a shit-load of views on iPlayer then disappear into obscurity.

Beagle 2

Well, I guess even if it does he'll have a nice bit of exposure and a ready-made prototype to raise more cash for future episodes.

Wet Blanket

Exposure on BBC2's regional opt-out slot and the UK-only iPlayer vs international online viewership?

From what I can tell he didn't pitch the idea to the Beeb to get the cash. He made it expecting to recoup the cost from Patreon but then sold it to the BBC instead.

Artemis

I agree with whoever said just a half hour of him being a weird bloke in his home would be great. That's his appeal, really. A social misfit with an expressive face.

Re-watching Limmy's Show in full a couple of months ago, I was struck by how badly it stacks up compared to my memory of it. It's frequently brilliant but there are several clangers in each episode, especially in the third series, a lot of which isn't very good. I finished thinking he had a good 8-10 episodes of really solid, funny stuff. But spread it out over 18.

Z

Quote from: Artemis on April 03, 2018, 04:06:19 PM
I agree with whoever said just a half hour of him being a weird bloke in his home would be great. That's his appeal, really. A social misfit with an expressive face.

Re-watching Limmy's Show in full a couple of months ago, I was struck by how badly it stacks up compared to my memory of it. It's frequently brilliant but there are several clangers in each episode, especially in the third series, a lot of which isn't very good. I finished thinking he had a good 8-10 episodes of really solid, funny stuff. But spread it out over 18.
It's a testament to how weak season 3 must be that I haven't seen it and have rarely seen a Limmy clip linked anywhere (and I seem to see loads) that I didn't immediately recognise