Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:39:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy’s Homemade Show [split topic]

Started by Pseudopath, March 23, 2018, 10:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Enjoyed this a good deal. The finger sex mime one really made me laugh, with the cuts back to his haggard face in the mirror.

The one that 'really happened as he was filming himself talking shite' was genuinely terrifying.

Dog Botherer

Finally got a chance to watch it last night, loved it, as I expected. Highlights for me were the bike bit, the techno tunes, the tiler, and the museum. Even the shoe one that a lot of people didn't seem to like was good, I kept expecting a mad Limmy twist, the simplicity of it was a twist in itself I suppose.

Quote from: Cuellar on April 08, 2018, 02:50:44 PM
The one that 'really happened as he was filming himself talking shite' was genuinely terrifying.

I had no idea what to expect when he started on that one, caught me off guard completely. So good.

Z

Quote from: gout_pony on April 06, 2018, 01:11:39 PM
Those of you who have, are any of his gaming streams worth watching in full?
While you're doing something else, a few are.

Heavy Rain is good because that's just a funny stupid game in general. Firewatch is pretty good too in that he gets pretty into it even though he clearly didn't want to.

Fuck the rest though.

Calistan

Just finished it, thought it was brilliant. The only skits I didn't like were the "what is comedy?" one and the shoes bit. All the nursery rhymes were magic, especially the sneezing one which I watched on my lunch break and put me in a great old mood. The final "pick it up" of the litter sketch had me hysterics too, what a man.   

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Z on April 08, 2018, 09:08:56 PM
While you're doing something else, a few are.

Heavy Rain is good because that's just a funny stupid game in general. Firewatch is pretty good too in that he gets pretty into it even though he clearly didn't want to.

Fuck the rest though.
I think I'm too easily impressed by limmys shit because I loved the second lis stream
actually makes me wanna go play it myself which I dont think I would have thought without the stream (a second life is strange game????

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 07, 2018, 07:39:55 PM
He's completely mastered the talking to self thing

Absolutely, the timing on the editing is awesome.

Artemis

The shoes bit could have worked with more context. Perhaps somebody just so bored they have nothing else to do. But within a show so rich with ideas and laughs, it stands out too much.

itsfredtitmus

Surprised you didn't hate it Artemis
Jesus, it must have been good

Mango Chimes

I...  didn't like it. I thought the shoe bit was one of the better bits. I liked Series 3.

Draw your own conclusions.

Artemis

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 09, 2018, 11:11:36 PM
Surprised you didn't hate it Artemis
Jesus, it must have been good

I didn't. I do hate you, though. What could that mean?

Drygate

Had to break my lurk to say I found this very funny.

Best one for me was the litter one although very similar to this story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3urBse0i4zs

I read he has a book coming out that is a story of his life, is that true?

neardark

Thought this was really weak. Don't know if it'd be hilarious to people who are unfamiliar with him though.

Captain Z

Quote from: neardark on April 10, 2018, 06:42:02 PM
Don't know if it'd be hilarious to people who are unfamiliar with him though.

I doubt it. That's my main impression of it - reasonably amusing if you're already a Limmy fan.

Really wish he'd stuck with the Patreon instead, some of his homemade ideas are fantastic when they are given a bit of chance to develop (Malcolm Malcolm, Guide to the Clyde/Blogger/these were men wi'a trade/Armadillo, the plasterer...etc).

kittens

Quote from: Captain Z on April 10, 2018, 11:57:40 PM
I doubt it. That's my main impression of it - reasonably amusing if you're already a Limmy fan.

i watched it with my girlfriend who had never seen him before and she was laughing at a lot of it. so, proved u wrong mate sorry mate better luck next time mate

c

It was the wardrobe for me - brilliant stuff. Limmy is an artist.

There's this odd parochial thinking about him because he's Scottish, it makes him a Scottish Comedian. I sense that box stops people taking him as seriously as they might. It's not as simple as snobbery, although that's obviously part of it. Thought experiment: if he'd been in Footlights, and had a softer accent, and now lived in Trendy Hackney, how differently would Limmy* be perceived as a contributor to culture?

*Maybe it's also because he calls himself Limmy, as a 12 year old might

East of Eden

Enjoyed it, but was underwhelming. I liked the comedy theatre bit especially. The ending was like Limmy had descended into religious mania.

The Lurker

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 06, 2018, 09:23:53 AM
That was saved by "I know you might say just don't go 'hmmnaahmmmnnnnaaah', but I shouldn't have to"

My favourite line in the show

mobias

I watched it a second time and enjoyed it more on a second viewing. I think mainly because I was enjoying it for what it was rather than thinking it was going to be something it wasn't. There were definitely some weak moments but I'd say well over half of it was really good material. I still think the BBC is the wrong place for him though. His vines give an idea of what he's capable of doing given less mainstream restraint.

MattD

Sad thing is, if he had been in Footlights like immensely unfunny people like David Mitchell or Sue Perkins, he'd be given offers right, left and centre.

Of course, a top modern comedian like Limmy wouldn't come from Footlights these days considering how old hat and dated it all is.

poodlefaker

Finally got round to seeing this; emery board sketch was my favourite - can't believe no-one's mentioned it

Utter Shit

Quote from: MattD on April 11, 2018, 11:17:01 PM
Sad thing is, if he had been in Footlights like immensely unfunny people like David Mitchell or Sue Perkins, he'd be given offers right, left and centre.

Of course, a top modern comedian like Limmy wouldn't come from Footlights these days considering how old hat and dated it all is.

David Mitchell is great. Sue Perkins is alright too. As talented as Limmy is, and as capable as I think he is of making something truly incredible, neither of those two have ever made anything as crap as Limmy's Homemade Show.

Cuellar

Those Mac vs PC ads? 90% of Mitchell and Webb sketch shows?

Utter Shit

If you want to count adverts then yes, the adverts were worse than LHS. The sketch shows are miles better. Not a patch on Limmy's Show, which is brilliant, but better than the homemade show for sure I'd say. LHS was really bad.

Cuellar

As for Perkins, I'll put all the banter on Bake Off up for consideration. Not just worse than LHS, but perhaps the worst thing to ever have been conceived of by man.

Utter Shit

I wouldn't particularly put up much of a fight for Perkins, although Dilemma on Radio 4 was good. But I'm not sure she's done anything as bad as LHS.

Cuntbeaks

Watched it again with four fellow Glaswegians.

Barely a titter and the consensus was that it was mostly cringeworthy drivel.

phantom_power

I found a lot of the laughs snuck up on me. I watched a sketch thinking it was a bit ho-hum and then suddenly I was laughing.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 23, 2018, 10:02:09 AM
I wouldn't particularly put up much of a fight for Perkins, although Dilemma on Radio 4 was good. But I'm not sure she's done anything as bad as LHS.

I mean... Don't Scare the Hare? To be honest I've never really thought of Perkins as a proper comedian so much as a middle-of-the-road light entertainment personality.

I've found myself thinking about the Fife/ouija board sketch a lot.