Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:53:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cecil Taylor's fucking died.

Started by Rocket Surgery, April 07, 2018, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Surgery

Funcrusher

Shit. I did actually see him live once, and it was one of the most fascinating things I've ever experienced. A real titan whose work I need to explore more of. 'Unit Structures', 'Jazz Advance' and 'Nefertiti The Beautiful One Has Come' are all great.

Flouncer

I was reading about him a couple of weeks ago and meant to get hold of some of his stuff, but I had no idea where to start. I might grab the ones you've mentioned, Funcrusher.

Howj Begg

They've been playing him on WMFU Give the Drummer Radio all day and I've been loving it. Especially his solo 80s work, as shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL0cqbWZYsE

I stuck that on last night and just drifted away.

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 07, 2018, 09:53:55 PM
Shit. I did actually see him live once, and it was one of the most fascinating things I've ever experienced. A real titan whose work I need to explore more of. 'Unit Structures', 'Jazz Advance' and 'Nefertiti The Beautiful One Has Come' are all great.

All great albums.

Twit 2

As I'm a glutton for punishment I've been reading YouTube commemts under videos of the 'my toddler could do this' type. NO! DICKHEADS.

Funcrusher

Reading through the Penguin Guide to Jazz reminds me that 'Conquistador' is good and that apparently there's recorded live duo with Taylor and Max Roach which sounds intriguing. I've got 'For Olim' on my Spotify  which I saw recommended somewhere as a late period recording.