Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:13:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It is what it is

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, April 08, 2018, 08:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

A malevolent clown glowers from the gutter. It is it is what it is

Gregory Torso

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 08, 2018, 09:44:26 PM
A malevolent clown glowers from the gutter. It is it is what it is

Very good.

littlenell

You agree to have a drink with a colleague who you regularly chat to on the phone. He is friendly, helpful and has a sexy voice. When you meet he turns out to be a spotty, obese Danny Baker-alike. IT is what it is, you reason.

Brundle-Fly

RedRevolver

Quote from: littlenell on April 08, 2018, 09:54:09 PM
You agree to have a drink with a colleague who you regularly chat to on the phone. He is friendly, helpful and has a sexy voice. When you meet he turns out to be a spotty, obese Danny Baker-alike. IT is what it is, you reason.

You agree to have a drink with a colleague who you regularly chat to on the phone. She is friendly, helpful and has a sexy voice. When you meet, she turns out to have spectacularly little Nells. "Tits-what tits?", you frantically exclaim.

littlenell

Spaniel's ears. And I'm a boy :o Tit is what it is, you...

Eet ees what eet ees, as the French would say.

pancreas

'Itis? What itis?' inquired the sceptical doctor.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 08, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
Rotten scallops vomited onto a child's grave - it is what it is
The life, career and misdeeds of Alan Hansen - it is what it is
The suspicion that your amanuensis has made a series of clerical errors - it is what it is
Your breakfast marred by a scuffle outside a baker's - it is what it is
A persistent fog over your sister's doings - it is what it is

Laughed

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Well at the end of the day, right, at the end of the day, it is what it is, right, and what it is, right, is the end of the day.

At the end of the day

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 08, 2018, 11:32:23 PM
Well at the end of the day, right, at the end of the day, it is what it is, right, and what it is, right, is the end of the day.

At the end of the day

Finally some sense around here.

Psmith

Or as I always say "There wasn't an appropriate piece of wood"

the

How many times a day do you fucking hear "It is what it is"?  Genuinely asking - I've got to be into double figures some days.

I'm typically blunt when it plops out of someone's gob, bagging and labelling it as meaningless on the spot - but never seen anyone reflect on that, it's like an incurable disease.

It's a little squirt of diarrhoea from people who've forgotten how to terminate a sentence/conversation without panicking. Verbal shrug -> it is what it is! -> return to margin. "I have taken my hands off the wheel of this conversation and am now burning in a ditch."

The mantra of the prolapsing defeated fuck

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: the on June 06, 2018, 09:21:25 AM
How many times a day do you fucking hear "It is what it is"?  Genuinely asking - I've got to be into double figures some days.

Honestly, fairly rarely in general.  BUT one of my closest friends says it all the fucking time and in response to everything from a tragedy to a minor annoyance (as per the opening list).  I don't have the heart to tell her how annoying it is.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Also, having a massive whinge about something then saying "it is what it is" doesn't really match the stoical sentiment behind the maxim.

Abnormal Palm

I just remembered this fucking OP in a meeting and had to leave. Crying laughing in the bogs.

Mashed my password, iiwii, but I had to log in as Abnormal Palm and say this was completely underappreciated and basically too good to last too long. Cheers.

See you once I've hit my fundraising target. 16% there because I had to take a bit for expenses. See ya.

H-O-W-L

Shit transplant gloryhole monkey.

'We tried to talk to Shoulders, but you know what he's like. A hothead.'

'Okay. We know that. So what?'

'Well. People are a little concerned.'

'A little concerned?'

'More than a little concerned. It is what it is.'

chveik

you can force a meme. it is what it is.

And then I have to drive Shoulders around to some abandoned house, pretending to be his friend the entire time.

'...and do you remember, Default, some of that banter on the forums?'

'Yeah,' I manage, while manoeuvring the gun in my pocket. 'Some of that stuff was hilarious. Anyway, here we are. This is the place.'

'This is the place?' he frowns. 'It looks like a derelict.'

'Don't judge a book by its cover, eh? Everyone's waiting for you inside. Preparing a big party for you. But it's supposed to be a surprise, so act like it's a surprise.'

'A SURPRISE PARTY,' bellows Shoulders. 'If I'd known, I would have worn my best for the occasion.'

'Don't worry about that. People will be happy to see you, just as you are. Let's go in.'

We walk into the house and, with some regret, I put the revolver to the back of his head. He hears me click the safety catch and he freezes. 'So. Gonna kill me? Are you going to pull the trigger? You know you'll never be able to forgive yourself and every day you will-'

BANG. His brains sprayed all over the wall. It is what it is.

Paul Calf

HS Art - it is what it is.

madhair60

Sock puppet troll accounts - it isn't what it is

momatt

Is this a half-arsed attempt at viral marketing for the new Thundercat LP?

Buelligan

I think tedious is the word you may be searching for.