Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:01:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Describing Paedogeddon! to someone.

Started by Bazooka, April 08, 2018, 12:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

I was talking with my Chinese girlfriend about how British censorship works, and how pretty much other than footage of murder anything goes after 9PM. Anyway got onto talking about Brasseye, she knows what satire is, but to describe Paedogeddon! to someone who has never seen Brasseye let alone this episode was quite something. Even describing the man disguised as a school didn't really translate well.

Here Comes Mongo

I think you'd have to begin by explaining the hysteria in the media about the subject at the time, and how the Brass Eye episode was poking fun at that.

Brundle-Fly

I'm not Googling anything with the word 'paedo' in the search engine but didn't The Daily Mail run covert pictures of pubescent princesses Beatrice and Eugenie larking around in their bikinis on a yacht? This was on the next page after their BES expose? All grown up... etc

They do it deliberately to take the piss out of their readers, don't they? Proper evil.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Providing they know what satire is

"It's a a satire about vigilante justice, mob mentality, sensationalist, prurient and reckless media reporting, hypocritical moralising, exposing celebrities and politician's lack of knowledge or scrutiny of the things they sign up to do and challenging the audience to recognise their own worst instincts as being dangerous. It does so in various surreal, brave, uncompromising, provocative ways."

Dannyhood91

It's satirising a culture of fear and mob mentality purposefully generated by the news media of that time.

Dannyhood91

Ooops. Shoulders just said that already but better lol

RedRevolver

Did you explain the bit where they showed a child being fucked, but for the purposes of television, used a full-grown lady and dubbed her over with a little girls' voice? I imagine that'd go down well.

the

And then say "that bit's a satire on the use of sensationalised reconstructions and dramatised interpretations in supposedly journalistic current affairs programmes". In Chinese.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: RedRevolver on April 27, 2018, 01:52:29 AMDid you explain the bit where they showed a child being fucked, but for the purposes of television, used a full-grown lady and dubbed her over with a little girls' voice? I imagine that'd go down well.

I wonder if that's where they got the idea for those Haribo ads?

up_the_hampipe

I'd say "it's proper funny mate, just making fun of like paedos and that. Chris Morris was a ledge not like the PC pussies we've got today!!"