Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Answer Me This Question About Mobile Phones

Started by Dr Rock, April 08, 2018, 02:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

... which I could probably Google. I dropped mine or trod on it or something a few months ago, and it was all the glass on the back which shattered not, the front. So I got a case for it and you'd never know and it causes me no problems. But yesterday somebody spied it and said 'oh no, you camera lense has broken.' And the glass above it indeed had. I hadn't tried to take any photos with it since it was strod on or whatever, and when I did (yesterday) the results were a bit blurry. So then I reversed the picture so it was portrait mode or whatever it's called when its looking back at you. And it seemed burry too. But hold on, what work is my lense doing there? How does a camera take a photo when it's pointing back at you when it only has one lense and that's facing the other way? I'm confused, and not a little turned on.

Zetetic

It's nothing to do with the lens on the back.

MojoJojo

There's a small lens and camera on the front.

Dr Rock

Dr Rock

Quote from: MojoJojo on April 08, 2018, 02:26:42 PM
There's a small lens and camera on the front.

Oh yeah, you can locate it by sticking your fat finger around the screen.

So you is the one on the back flashier? Because it doesn't need to condense as many pixels of your fat face as what it needs to use when taking a panoramic shot while also handling a close up, like the one on the back? I imagine not, but I like a guess.

Sebastian Cobb

Generally the front-facing camera is technically poorer. Lower resolution, probably fixed-focus, no infra red filter (if you work with fibre optic cables this can be good to know).