Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:32:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ceephax - Camelot Arcade

Started by alan nagsworth, April 09, 2018, 08:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

https://ceephax.bandcamp.com/album/camelot-arcade

Andy Jenkinson is back under his warmer, more analogous moniker (as opposed to the rave-friendly bonkers fun of his Ceephax Acid Crew stuff) with what is possibly the best thing he's ever put his name to. Long, lush tunes in the vein of melodic Tresor techno and Italo disco. It's a long album, but honestly, it just keeps on delivering right up until the awesome off-kilter and slightly out-of-place dubstep of the closing track, Yodecahedron. I'm finding it very hard to find anything I dislike about it so far, and it's definitely an early pick for one of this year's top albums. Very, very good stuff.

Funcrusher

Clicking on that link and Christ on the fucking cross is that actually the cover art? Music sounds pleasant enough.

sevendaughters

in for this. Cro Magnox was probably one of the most underrated UK releases of this decade.

BlodwynPig

spamwangler

great album cover!

not thought of this lot in a while, enjoying

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 09, 2018, 09:35:56 AM
Clicking on that link and Christ on the fucking cross is that actually the cover art? Music sounds pleasant enough.

That album cover is boss, mate. Not his best though:

Kane Jones

Yeah, this is great. Cheers for the recommendation, Naggers.

alan nagsworth

Anyway yeah, gave this another spin on my commute today, Path To The None is a fucking absolute hoofer.

Funcrusher

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 09, 2018, 06:04:02 PM
That album cover is boss, mate. Not his best though:

Each to his own I guess. Do 808/303 airbeds actually exist?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 09, 2018, 06:07:37 PM
Each to his own I guess. Do 808/303 airbeds actually exist?

In a perfect world. Until then, the closest I've seen is the sack of foam 303s my mate took to Bangface one year and went about chucking them into the crowd in a Santa outfit. Still got one of them on my shelf.

imitationleather

Obligatory "At least there's one musically talented member of that family" post.

alan nagsworth

imitationleather

Faaak me this album is good. It finally captures a lot of what a live Ceephax set when he's playing around with his equipment can actually sound like when it works properly, something his previous releases hadn't really managed to so satisfactorily.

I think I need to go back and relisten to Cro Magnox because I really never got on with that and didn't give it much of a chance. I think that was because all I wanted was another immediately ravey and hectic LP like United Acid Emirates, as that's one of my favourite albums all of time and really defined a specific era of my life. However, another United Acid Emirates is most definitely not what I want to hear now I'm an old man. I don't even listen to that album itself now as I'm fearful it can never live up to how much I loved it when it came out.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: imitationleather on May 04, 2018, 11:22:21 AM
Faaak me this album is good. It finally captures a lot of what a live Ceephax set when he's playing around with his equipment can actually sound like when it works properly, something his previous releases hadn't really managed to so satisfactorily.

I think I need to go back and relisten to Cro Magnox because I really never got on with that and didn't give it much of a chance. I think that was because all I wanted was another immediately ravey and hectic LP like United Acid Emirates, as that's one of my favourite albums all of time and really defined a specific era of my life. However, another United Acid Emirates is most definitely not what I want to hear now I'm an old man. I don't even listen to that album itself now as I'm fearful it can never live up to how much I loved it when it came out.

agree w/ all of this my lad