Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:45:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fleetwood Finn

Started by TheMonk, April 09, 2018, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

I was going to do an SNL picture, but I woke up without a headache and realised several people already did it. And now I'm on a new page so this'll be the thing people see. Sorry.

To "Albatross" - you are, of course, right, but I'd sadly be dead in the previous scenario, still.

Steven

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 11, 2018, 12:28:07 PM
To "Albatross" - you are, of course, right, but I'd sadly be dead in the previous scenario, still.

Surely everybody knows Man Of The World, I Need Your Love So Bad and Black Magic Woman?

thraxx

Quote from: famethrowa on April 11, 2018, 05:07:59 AM
Thank you! Finally someone else says the great blasphemy. Yeah that guitar sucks, it's rubber band string sound should stay back in the 80s where it belongs.

Also, are Fleetwood and McVie the 2 luckiest bastards in rock history? Are they up there with Graham Nash, Mike Love, Nick Mason et al?

And Lol Tolhurst.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Steven on April 11, 2018, 01:14:47 PM
Surely everybody knows Man Of The World, I Need Your Love So Bad and Black Magic Woman?
Not the foggiest, mate. I'm sorry for taking this thread over with my pathetic lack of knowledge.

Is there a good book about their wacky history I could have a read of?

I'm already enjoying reading about them.

QuoteWhile on tour in February 1971, Jeremy Spencer said he was going out to "get a magazine", but never returned. After several days of frantic searching, the band discovered that Spencer had joined a religious group, the Children of God.

jobotic

Apparently he'd rather jack.

Steven

Quote from: jobotic on April 11, 2018, 09:11:03 PM
Apparently he'd rather jack.

Brilliant bit of Lindsey Buckingham fucking about on a guitar backstage, apparently it's noodling around an old unreleased song called Gonna Take A Little Time.

Famous Mortimer

Looks like they're coming to town in a few months. I wonder if they'll get weirded out by all these personal songs of theirs being sung by...that bloke from Crowded House, but I wouldn't be opposed to going if I won a ticket or something.