Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:09:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dying

Started by JoeyBananaduck, April 11, 2018, 11:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyBananaduck

Well folks, here I am sat with my cat on my knee. My wife has walked out spouting all kinds of nonsense - I'm convinced she's schizophrenic or has some kind of personality disorder but she won't do anything about it. You never know whether you're waking up to 'I love you forever, you make me so happy' or 'I hate you, I'm glad you're miserable, why don't you drop dead?'. I don't have any friends anymore because of her paranoia. Wasn't even allowed to listen to music anymore because she doesn't 'get it'. I'm basically having a few cigs and then getting ready to say bye byes. Sad eh? No one fret, I don't have any kids or owt. I'll miss the cat though. Well, I don't suppose I'll actually be around to 'miss' anything. I like you lot a lot though. I wish I could give my spare life to the fella who's ill. Doesn't work like that more's the pity. Anyway sorry for this and thanks for being lovely company, I've really enjoyed this site.

canadagoose

Please don't go. I like your posts, although that won't be much consolation. You can live without your wife. I really don't know what to say but please find some help.

JoeyBananaduck

I've tried mate, I really have. I appreciate the sentiment a lot. I'm just really tired now.

Blinder Data

Mate, whatever you're planning please don't go through with it. Suicide is never the answer

Call 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org

Talk about how you're feeling with someone who's trained to help, don't rush into this thing

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. There are things to live for.

Gregory Torso

Joey.

Don't.

I don't have the real words to try and talk you out of it. But I've been where you are, and I'll bet lots of others have too.

Hold on a while.

Barry Admin

It'll pass, don't do anything silly.

Can't you just get rid of the wife and keep the cat?

poo

WE NEED YOU IN HS ART. You ain't going anywhere mate. Stay put and keep it real. Please, please don't bugger off or worse.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on April 11, 2018, 11:44:26 AM
I've tried mate, I really have. I appreciate the sentiment a lot. I'm just really tired now.

Please don't die. And we love you.

Janie Jones

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on April 11, 2018, 11:39:03 AM
You never know whether you're waking up to 'I love you forever, you make me so happy'
It might be that tomorrow, Joey. This will pass. Stay with us for a bit longer.

Not every patient in mental health services recognises they are ill. There's loads of help you can access even if your wife refuses to admit she has a problem. Surely you need to stay around to do that for her and if she hates you as a result, well, what have you lost? You might be able to save her though. Ring MIND
0300 123 3393
info@mind.org.uk

Barry Admin

I don't know your wife, and this is very presumptuous, but you may want to read something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hate-You-Dont-Leave-Understanding/dp/0380713055

Bit more productive than topping yourself anyway. Say goodbye to slush puppies, cups of tea and good music. FOREVER.

Sin Agog

Not sure I should make this post as I'm a bit of a cack-handed idjut, but go check in at a hotel or stay at a relative's as soon as possible! You're still under the influence of the poison from a toxic relationship.  I wouldn't trust myself to buy the right brand of toilet paper in that frame of mind, let alone make a decision of that magnitude.  You will find yourself again.

jobotic

What Gregory said.

Where you will be in a year from now will be so different. And a year after that. Five years. Five years ago. Ten years ago.

Life changes so much and how you feel now will be a memory, even if it is very very hard to see that now. How I was feeling three years ago is a memory, bit of an upsetting one, but nothing like reality now. At the time it seemed impossible not to feel like that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Divorce the wife, stay alive. Job's a good 'un.

Isnt Anything

Please dont you are a great poster and seem to be a thoroughly worthwhile human being.

Sounds to me like you just need to ditch the wife and rediscover the joys of life without a loony, to be blunt about it. I ended up with one of those for a while, escaped, things improved immediately.

As has been said suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Most suicidal people don't really want their lives to end, they want the way they are feeling to end. And given time, the way you are feeling will pass. Try reading this: https://metanoia.org/suicide/

Please do stick around. I'm sure the cat would miss you too.

P.S. You said you are so tired .... also not a good time to make such decisions. We all go through those bleak 3am-type 'whats the point' moments, the trick is not to give into them. Much love.

Paul Calf

Your wife is ill. If she won't get help, you need to protect yourself. The Samaritans or Citizens' Advice (the other CAB) will be able to help.

Obviously, don't die.

Small Man Big Horse

So sorry to hear that everything's so horrendous right now Joey, but as everyone has said, please don't do this. I've been suicidal in the past but have contacted my doctor and each time I've been given the help I've really needed, and a few months down the line I've been so pleased I didn't do anything.

Plus you're a incredibly funny fucker and the world needs people like you more than ever right now.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 11, 2018, 11:52:10 AM
Divorce the wife, stay alive. Job's a good 'un.

All the advice on this thread is quality. This will pass and you'll be fine. I was virtually a basket case at the end of last year due to crazy workplace bullying. I quit and am currently sat in a cafe drinking top notch decaf, reading a book and planning a creative project and life is good. Flouncing from life isn't a good look, so don't be doing that.

Alberon

Take the cat and leave. I know they act like aloof bastards 99% of the time but it would miss you. And so would we.

Your life is not fucked beyond the point of saving. There's no shame in making big changes to your life.

Barry Admin

Anyone got his real name? Seems to be near Leeds, can't find him on Facebook.

thugler

Please give it some time and things will change, there is help out there for you and your wife. Get some professional help immediately.

Alberon

Between the two posts on this thread he made a quite normal one about not being arsed about Indiana Jones V.

I hope this is just a bad joke.

massive bereavement

Why bow out now when there's WWIII to look forward to?

Barry Admin

Barry Admin

And if anyone has his real name then you need to let me know now by PM so the police can give him a welfare check.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 11, 2018, 12:32:04 PM
And if anyone has his real name then you need to let me know now by PM so the police can give him a welfare check.

Did he contribute to Serge's fund? Would that have his real name on his paypal address?

Barry Admin

Already checked that.

Danger Man

Did he use a real email address to register here?

Might provide some clues if he did.

Steven

Quote from: Alberon on April 11, 2018, 12:21:17 PM
Between the two posts on this thread he made a quite normal one about not being arsed about Indiana Jones V.

I fear being reminded of that scene of Shia LaBeouf tarzanning-it with a load of monkeys through the jungly-tendrils may have exacerbated matters.

Danger Man

There's a poster with the same name here

http://www.mygnrforum.com/profile/64986-joeybananaduck/

Maybe contact the admin there to see if they know anything?