Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dying

Started by JoeyBananaduck, April 11, 2018, 11:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

Could people please stop dying around here?

I've got a bit of a tickle, but I think I'll pull through today.

Seriously though, I've had some real shit periods in my life where I couldn't possibly imagine things improving - including a toxic relationship. Sometimes you need to make a simple change and you'd be surprised how you can look back at how bad things were, and how much better they've become.

Being an alive bloke with a cat is better than a dead one with a mad wife. Being an alive man with no cat is alright sometimes too.

Barry Admin

I'm drawing a blank on finding him I'm afraid.

Hopefully he's just fallen asleep. Let us know you're okay please.

Bazooka

Desolation Quest 2018 mate, don't go off and be a silly bugger.

It's a horrible situation to hear about, but whilst not on the schizophrenia front in terms of experience, I can attest the working through the shit makes it seem hopeless, but a fresh start after time is a wonderful thing.

neveragain

I hope you're still around Joey.

littlenell

Joey I hope you are okay, and as soon as you can let everyone here know you are. You have the right to choose whether you stay or go, but life will always catch you when you make tough choices, risk losing everything and follow your heart.sending you love xx

studpuppet

"Well, somebody had to tell him!"

https://youtu.be/mqMrXBKSBxE?t=11m56s

If Lt. Col. A.D. Wintle isn't a role model for us all, I don't know who is.

Seriously though, use all the numbers/contacts people have put above. Life doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but both beans and hills can be amazing sometimes.

BlodwynPig

Every wife is like this in my experience. Don't be the odd husband out. Here for you.

thraxx

It sounds like your wife is like mine JBD. It gets all too much sometimes. I really hope you are okay and always there to chat and just listen, if you want.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

I've had ongoing dysthymia for the last eleven years, with periodic bouts of depression. I have a habit of choosing "Deadlines" for the world to just sort itself out and be nice to me.

I've yet to actually fulfil the deadline (obviously; Though it is possible that I'll spend my afterlife haunting C&B as well), but that's not the point: The point is that, rather than "feeling like this might end" it gives me "feeling like this WILL end, one way or another", and that takes a lot of the pressure off.

I treasure the responses I got when I texted one of my deadlines to three friends. It was an instance with specific prompting, that is, I wasn't just going "it's been years since I felt there was a point to being here", but "this terrible thing has just happened, and it's been years since I felt there was a point to being here." And I gave the world, I think it was six weeks, to reconcile me to it. The three mates responded:

"I hear you. Noted."
"When do you get home? I'll come over"
and
"If you want attention, go to the tallest diving board in the pool and have a dump."

Long story short: It might always be this bad. It might never be this bad again. But if there's at all a chance of finding out, keep that chance alive. Jim Davidson goes on living, and we're all better than Davidson, eh?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thraxx on April 11, 2018, 03:32:24 PM
It sounds like your wife is like mine JBD. It gets all too much sometimes. I really hope you are okay and always there to chat and just listen, if you want.

as I said...all wives. not woman, just wives.

pancreas

You people need to get your shit together. If you don't like your wives, then fuck them the fuck off. Just fuck the fucking fuck out of there.

If Gecko so much as breathes funny when I crack open the third bottle of wine of the evening, I sleep in the office for a week.

ziggy starbucks

find your friends

find a space

and begin again

colacentral

Stay alive for the cat. I bet it's doing a sad meow even now.

Anyway, what's this about the wife not getting music? Get some headphones and tell her to piss off, or look for a woman who's into music. There's plenty of them about. Either way, it's a better solution than being dead.

Sounds like it's a really bad atmosphere in there and you need to get out, have a change of surroundings.

Serge

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on April 11, 2018, 11:39:03 AM
Well, I don't suppose I'll actually be around to 'miss' anything. I like you lot a lot though. I wish I could give my spare life to the fella who's ill. Doesn't work like that more's the pity.

Well, yes, sadly it doesn't work that way. I hope you are still with us, and that you're just sleeping it off. If you have the choice, I'd choose sticking around because you just don't know what you'll miss if you're not here to see it. If I'd acted on my worst instincts back in 2000, I'd have missed one hell of a lot of stuff that I'm glad I actually hung around for. Life can be shit, but you can get through this, and things will get better.

Cerys

Just adding my voice to those who are encouraging you not to die, Joey.  Dying is a bit final.  Imagine how embarrassed you'd feel if you went past the point of no return and then remembered you hadn't returned that library book.  If you're going for the 'goodbye cruel world' angle, then at least make sure you're still around to see what happens next.  Please.

Norton Canes

Maybe his wife has hacked his CaB account.

JoeyBananaduck

I'm here. Thank you for the kind words folks. I don't know what to do.

thugler

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on April 11, 2018, 05:16:05 PM

So glad to hear that!

Paul Calf

*phew*

Your wife needs help. She is in pain and she's taking it out on you.

Paul Calf

Seriously, Cirizen's Advice. The Samaritans. Both.

Sgt. Duckie

Never have I clicked so much on a person's profile to see if they've logged back in since 11.44am. Welcome back Joey. Survive. Do you have some useful numbers you can call? Like a local rapid response team

paruses

Thank fuck for that.

Genevieve

Thank you Joey! 

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on April 11, 2018, 05:16:05 PM

So glad you're here Joey. And the next thing to do is to ask for help. I know it can the hardest thing to do, but people will surprise you, be it friends, family or medical professionals. Especially if they were to know how bad things are, and there's no shame in it either, I'm sure if they knew how unhappy you were they'd rally around immediately. And if they don't, I fucking will.

Kelvin

Very glad to see see you're still around, joey.

If your wife is absolutely dead set against getting help, and the alternative is killing yourself, you need to leave her. Absolutely no question.

Killing yourself will mean "leaving her" anyway, so there's no meaningful moral difference, and by leaving her, you could still find happiness elsewhere. You need to at least try the other options (getting help, or leaving her), before thinking about ending it all.

pancreas

nedthemumbler

The wealth of knowledge and experience amongst this boards posters, plus a general empathy, humanism and wanting to help, should be something to stay alive using.

I hope you feel better soon mate. Life is well shit sometimes but it's always changing. You need to be alive to see what happens.