Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP Mitzi Shore

Started by up_the_hampipe, April 11, 2018, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

The owner of The Comedy Store in LA and the woman responsible for Pauly Shore has died at the age of 87. Anyone who follows American stand-up fairly closely will know about her. Seemed like a very interesting person, would love to see a documentary in the near future (get on it, Judd Apatow!), I bet there are some amazing stories about her. She split opinion among comics as she was very strict about who she would allow to perform at the Store. She was a powerful figure in the stand-up comedy boys club of the 70s and 80s, so she must have been hard as nails. Anyway, yeah, thought you should know she's dead now.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-mitzi-shore-dead-at-87-story.html

a peepee tipi

Would love that as well, almost everything I've heard involving her name is batshit. As you say, notoriously fierce and was directly called out in one man's suicide letter - also helped to cultivate much of the brightest American talent from the era and supposedly put up with some pretty horrific abuse from Sammy Shore. That's too bad about Pauly, and by that I mean everything about him

phes

Quote from: a peepee tipi on April 12, 2018, 07:05:07 AM
As you say, notoriously fierce and was directly called out in one man's suicide letter

Tbh so many stand up comics are utterly damaged, mental, narcicistic freaks that only racking up one suicide citation, with her position and longeivity, probably refutes her reputation

c

I didn't know she used to refuse to pay her comics. "The fairytale is over" she cried when forced to pay them after a 5 week strike. Pretty cunty.