Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help naming songs based on fuckall

Started by Noodle Lizard, April 12, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

I think we already have a thread like this, but I can't find it anywhere, and it's always useful to have around.

I've got one that's driving me mental.  It's a song I feel like I've heard a million times, always assumed it was Massive Attack or someone, but I don't think it is.  It's kind of trip-hoppy, I suppose, a simple looping piano line and similarly looping male vocal (too fuzzy/indistinct to make out lyrics).  I finally decided to try and Shazam it when it came on in a cafe yesterday, but it ended before I could get the app up and running.  Since then, I've been on a furious mission to figure it out.

Here's the best I could do at replicating the piano line - I also have a go at the vocal line about halfway through.  I'm certain it's fairly well-known, so I hope someone can help.  Cheers!

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0eRzvQtbmfz

I'm usually pretty good at placing a song to an artist, so maybe it was in a show or Blue Jam at some point? Or sampled in hip-hop or something. Driving me mad.

Steven

popcorn

Sorry, but I have no idea what that is.

But the one I always ask for is the song at the end of the Bridget Jones trailer. Anyone know?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: popcorn on April 12, 2018, 05:16:57 PM
Sorry, but I have no idea what that is.

But the one I always ask for is the song at the end of the Bridget Jones trailer. Anyone know?

Have you checked through the soundtrack tracklisting?

popcorn

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 12, 2018, 06:14:20 PM
Have you checked through the soundtrack tracklisting?

Yeah, not there. Doesn't seem to be used in the actual film.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 12, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
I think we already have a thread like this, but I can't find it anywhere, and it's always useful to have around.

I've got one that's driving me mental.  It's a song I feel like I've heard a million times, always assumed it was Massive Attack or someone, but I don't think it is.  It's kind of trip-hoppy, I suppose, a simple looping piano line and similarly looping male vocal (too fuzzy/indistinct to make out lyrics).  I finally decided to try and Shazam it when it came on in a cafe yesterday, but it ended before I could get the app up and running.  Since then, I've been on a furious mission to figure it out.

Here's the best I could do at replicating the piano line - I also have a go at the vocal line about halfway through.  I'm certain it's fairly well-known, so I hope someone can help.  Cheers!

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0eRzvQtbmfz

I'm usually pretty good at placing a song to an artist, so maybe it was in a show or Blue Jam at some point? Or sampled in hip-hop or something. Driving me mad.

sounds very familiar. Dido? ah, male vocals. Lighthouse family ;)

Phil_A

I reckon it's got to be Susan's House by Eels or Body Talk by Imagination.

Anywhere near?

Noodle Lizard

None of them.  It's definitely in the trip-hop/hip-hop realm, does sound like something that might've made its way into Blue Jam (I have a feeling it's more recent though).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 12, 2018, 10:20:23 PM
is it laika

here we go again...

dammit, its on the tip of my tongue.

check my cloud.

BlodwynPig

Crabwalk

If you've mistaken it for massive attack and it's mumbly, could it be something by Tricky?