Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dope new jams that don't quite warrant their own thread

Started by alan nagsworth, April 13, 2018, 05:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

This is a catch-all thread for 2018 releases you're rating and want to recommend, but if they had their own thread, people would say "LOL THATS NOT SUEDE, FUCK OFF" or "LOL THATS NOT PULP, THROW YOURSELF INTO A WOOD CHIPPER YOU SOGGY PUFF".

Also if I see people posting links without any fucking text or even bothering to tag [ url = ] THE NAME OF WHAT THE SONG IS [ / url ] because you're all lazy cunts, I swear I will start ripping off your arms and slapping up your relatives with them at funerals. Tell us what the fuck we're listening to and why it's worth listening to. You PRICKS.

Alright!

This week I discovered the album "Smell Smoke" by Vundabar (it's actually a late 2017 release but fuck off I don't care). It's really really good! I guess it's quite like Pavement or Modest Mouse in that it's pretty art-rockish with a very cool edge that lays out fun, interesting songs. A definite '90s slacker generation sorta band. Very catchy, something I instantly liked and then dove right in with the album, which is fairly solid throughout.

Tonight I'm Wearing Silk

Harvest

It also sounds a bit like Preoccupations/Viet Cong, except that Preoccupations turned total shite and they should be doing more stuff like Harvest there.