Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,398
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird scary shit thread #94

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, April 13, 2018, 10:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

To celebrate the film of Ghost Stories, give me your scary stuff, pref. weird pictures found in library books and left by time travellers.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Also, add details of pisspoor UFO incidents eg. the Rendlesham "Encounter".

BlodwynPig

thraxx

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 13, 2018, 10:49:54 PM

I'm 41 this year and that (fake) photo stills creeps me the fuck out.

thraxx

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 13, 2018, 10:53:59 PM

Oh fucking hell, I was talking about that the other day.  Serious goosebumps just thinking about it.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: thraxx on April 13, 2018, 10:58:57 PM
Oh fucking hell, I was talking about that the other day.  Serious goosebumps just thinking about it.
lol just watched it on youtube now and it still stirs something up in me

BlodwynPig

biggytitbo

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 13, 2018, 10:53:59 PM

They paid homage to that scene in the most recent series of the TV show. It didn't work out so well, really. https://youtu.be/9ts_vk_kQtg

thraxx

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on April 14, 2018, 12:32:13 AM
They paid homage to that scene in the most recent series of the TV show. It didn't work out so well, really. https://youtu.be/9ts_vk_kQtg

They really rush it, compared to the original anyway.  Is the series any good?

St_Eddie

Quote from: thraxx on April 14, 2018, 12:35:29 AM
They really rush it, compared to the original anyway.  Is the series any good?

Most people seem to love it.  Personally, I think that it's overrated gubbins.  It doesn't hold a candle to The Exorcist or Legion.  It's better than Exorcist II: The Heretic and the two versions of the prequel though.  Then again, most things are.

Overall, I guess that it's an entertaining enough series but it's not likely to stay within your memory, after finishing it.

thraxx

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 14, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Most people seem to love it.  Personally, I think that it's overrated gubbins.  It doesn't hold a candle to The Exorcist or Legion.  It's better than Exorcist II: The Heretic and the two versions of the prequel though.  Then again, most things are.

Ok, ta.  Is it just a drawn out version of the Film, or does it have its own arc?

St_Eddie

Quote from: thraxx on April 14, 2018, 12:44:19 AM
Ok, ta.  Is it just a drawn out version of the Film, or does it have its own arc?

It's set in the same universe as the original film and acts as a sort of sequel.  It's so different stylistically though, that it may as well not be.

Noodle Lizard

Never quite understood the big deal about that Exorcist III scene.  It's a decent jump scare, but there's nothing inherently scary about it to me.  Granted, I saw it out of context before watching the actual film, so I don't know if that spoiled it for me.

The TV version's attempt is hilariously poor though.

BlodwynPig

where did he get those massive scissors - what purpose do they have?

thraxx

It is a jump scare but it's more than that.  Once you've been made to jump, you've got to work out who/what the fuck it is.  That's what freaked me out.  Exorcist III is pretty good film.  Intense.

Yes!  Those big scissors make it like a Harry Hill sketch.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on April 14, 2018, 12:32:13 AM
*Too Many Cooks theme*

Kryton

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 14, 2018, 01:01:19 AM

For cutting big hair.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 14, 2018, 12:53:05 AM
Never quite understood the big deal about that Exorcist III scene.  It's a decent jump scare, but there's nothing inherently scary about it to me.  Granted, I saw it out of context before watching the actual film, so I don't know if that spoiled it for me.

As a general rule of thumb, I have a strong disdain towards the cheapness of jump scares.  The one in Legion is by far my biggest exception to that rule.  It's superb and truly chilling.  Mind you, I was fortunate enough to watch the film without prior knowledge of what was coming up in that scene.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 14, 2018, 01:01:19 AM

That's covered in the film itself; it's a mortician's tool for cutting through bone...

BlodwynPig

Oh, I didn't see it in the Legion pic, only the clip from the series

Cerys

thraxx

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 14, 2018, 02:56:14 AM
As a general rule of thumb, I have a strong disdain towards the cheapness of jump scares.  The one in Legion is by far my biggest exception to that rule.  It's superb and truly chilling.  Mind you, I was fortunate enough to watch the film without prior knowledge of what was coming up in that scene.

That's covered in the film itself; it's a mortician's tool for cutting through bone...

It is, but in that homage scene the bloke literally is just carrying a massive pair of flimsy scissors.

Kelvin

It's scary to think that a time distortion means we have to redo this thread every 13 days.

Chairman Bodog

St_Eddie

Quote from: Chairman Bodog on April 14, 2018, 11:32:11 PM

If this is weird, if this is scary, if this is weird scary shit, then why am I beaming?

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Kelvin on April 14, 2018, 09:17:40 PM
It's scary to think that a time distortion means we have to redo this thread every 13 days.
its part of our culture

altar ghost