Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,476
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird scary shit thread #94

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, April 13, 2018, 10:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 15, 2018, 06:21:24 AM

The lead up to that is one of the most tense and anxiety inducing scenes I've seen.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 15, 2018, 09:25:31 AM
The lead up to that is one of the most tense and anxiety inducing scenes I've seen.
I don't really find it that scary compared to novelty sized Exorcist scizzorz

Icehaven

Quote from: Kelvin on April 14, 2018, 09:17:40 PM
It's scary to think that a time distortion means we have to redo this thread every 13 days.

Except with slight variations each time, for example this one has turned into more of a "post contextless pics or gifs, and if you recognise them reply in such a way that shows you know the source but don't mention it so any ignoramus that doesn't know where it's from will never know and the secret remains safe" version.

Danger Man

It's scary to think that a time distortion means we have to redo this thread every 13 days.

non capisco

Cerys

Chairman Bodog

Maybe change the number and you'll be lucky to never do it.

Coffin Birth and Death Erections

Chairman Bodog

In 1410 Martin of Aragon died from a combination of indigestion and uncontrollable laughing. According to tradition, Martin was suffering from indigestion on account of eating an entire goose when his favorite jester, Borra, entered the king's bedroom. When Martin asked Borra where he had been, the jester replied with: "Out of the next vineyard, where I saw a young deer hanging by his tail from a tree, as if someone had so punished him for stealing figs." This joke caused the king to die from laughter.

That's just shit asscum.

biggytitbo

Tots Tv was terrifying wasnt it? Didnt know Simon Weston was in it though, on the right here -

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on April 15, 2018, 09:47:14 AM
Except with slight variations each time, for example this one has turned into more of a "post contextless pics or gifs, and if you recognise them reply in such a way that shows you know the source but don't mention it so any ignoramus that doesn't know where it's from will never know and the secret remains safe" version.

Mulholland Drive scene behind the diner.

bgmnts

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 15, 2018, 12:13:29 PM
Tots Tv was terrifying wasnt it? Didnt know Simon Weston was in it though, on the right here -

They're lush.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 15, 2018, 01:29:32 PM
Mulholland Drive scene behind the diner.
empire inland face, behind the diner

kilgore

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 15, 2018, 01:37:13 PM
empire inland face, behind the diner

I've only seen Inland Empire once, in a cinema. It feels too daunting to go back into it but I surely must. Ok?

Malcy

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on April 13, 2018, 10:33:12 PM
Also, add details of pisspoor UFO incidents eg. the Rendlesham "Encounter".

Shhhhhh. Nick Pope will appear if you mention 'that'. We'll never hear the end of it...

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 15, 2018, 12:13:29 PM

The bizarre thing about Tots TV was that (IIRC) the three 'humanoids' lived together, looked alike and were clearly related, and yet one of them - and only one - spoke French, one of them understood French but didn't speak it, and the third one didn't understand French at all.  how had that happened?  Had they been brought up separately in some weird linguistic experiment?  Why didn't the French-speaking one, who clearly understood English (as English-to-French translation never done by the one that used to translate French to English), just speak English?  Was it to annoy the English-speaking one?  So many questions, and we will never know the answers.

Nice donkey though.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

If you read the Ghost Stories thread it's revealed at the end that I'm dead.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kilgore on April 15, 2018, 03:02:46 PM
I've only seen Inland Empire once, in a cinema. It feels too daunting to go back into it but I surely must. Ok?

DO IT

BlodwynPig

Rizla

fuckin hell man, the footswitch/battery cover of one of my effects pedals* just pinged up behind me of its own accord, i fucking shat myself.                       

*boss oc-3

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Rizla on April 17, 2018, 01:59:58 AM
fuckin hell man, the footswitch/battery cover of one of my effects pedals* just pinged up behind me of its own accord, i fucking shat myself.                       

*boss oc-3

More woooh woooh than wah wah

Don't be a cry baby

Maybe it was your dopplerganger

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Rizla on April 17, 2018, 01:59:58 AM

*boss oc-3

Special effects pedal.

Paul Calf

holyzombiejesus

Not particularly scary but has there ever been a decent reason for that Dog Suicide Bridge?

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/overtoun-bridge

Ornlu

OK, so this one's aliens. Something that's always spooked the shit out of me is this official NASA photo, which seems pretty featureless at first - just a shot of the desolate Moonscape and empty space. Zoom in to a few inches above where the space meets the horizon on the right hand side, above the darker grey slope. (it's not a gif/screamer or anything.)

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/AS17-147-22470HR.jpg

Chills every time.

biggytitbo

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2018, 01:04:18 PM
Not particularly scary but has there ever been a decent reason for that Dog Suicide Bridge?

Lots of suicidal dogs in that area.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ornlu on April 17, 2018, 08:20:25 PM
OK, so this one's aliens. Something that's always spooked the shit out of me is this official NASA photo, which seems pretty featureless at first - just a shot of the desolate Moonscape and empty space. Zoom in to a few inches above where the space meets the horizon on the right hand side, above the darker grey slope. (it's not a gif/screamer or anything.)

Chills every time.

?? Humpty Dumpty or the igloo ???

bgmnts

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2018, 01:04:18 PM

Probably can't stand the constant bagpipes.

non capisco

Quote from: Ornlu on April 17, 2018, 08:20:25 PM

Chills every time.

A FLYING BLUE MONSTER MUNCH!