Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:50:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ITS WAR!!!

Started by Dr Rock, April 14, 2018, 07:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/14/theresa-may-britain-air-strikes-syria-chemical-weapons-raf?
'No alternative': Theresa May sends British jets to join air strikes on Syria
RAF confirms UK forces joined a 'precision strike on Syrian installations involved in the regime's use of chemical weapons'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/14/insulting-russia-furious-over-syria-attacks-as-politician-likens-trump-to-hitler?
Vladimir Putin calls US-led Syria strikes an 'act of aggression'
Russia says it will convene emergency session of UN security council in response to attack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5609403/Putin-unlikely-let-US-strike-Syria-unanswered.html
QuoteMilitary expert Mikhail Khodarenok argued that Russia must retaliate to any U.S. strike, saying a failure to do so will badly dent its reputation.

"It will mean geopolitical shame and colossal reputational losses. We can't risk losing our face," he said on Rossiya state television. "America, get ready for our old reliable 10-megaton nuclear warheads."

Blimey chaps!

Sgt. Duckie

AsparagusTrevor

massive bereavement

biggytitbo

Why call it war when you can call it unprovoked mass murder by notorious serial war criminals?

Sebastian Cobb

Ambivalent about nation states at the best of times but Western imperial states launching wars for no reason can fuck right off.

Bbbbut we're the good guys!

idunnosomename

As a warmonger, I can confirm I love a good war

Captain Z

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on April 14, 2018, 07:57:49 PM
To be fair, that thread has a stupid nondescript title.

Luckily the content is totally different.

Dusty Gozongas

Bring it on then. You're pretty useless when you're scared, which is where you mainly are.

bgmnts

This is fucking horrid.

non capisco

I might start on an exclusive diet of Fray Bentos pies. That way tearing the organs out of radioactive dead livestock for sustenance next year will seem like something of a culinary step up.

mothman

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 14, 2018, 08:04:23 PM
Why call it war when you can call it unprovoked mass murder by notorious serial war criminals?

When you consider that - despite the many verified crimes committed by the Russian state, the Syrian regime, the Iranian theocracy and their Lebanese Hisballah proxies - Biggy is talking solely about the West, the level of hypocrisy, mendacity and dishonesty he's displaying is truly obscene.

idunnosomename

Ho ho, don't worry readers! I'll take out Bashar Al-Assad with one of my patented eggy blasts! - Donald Trump

biggytitbo

Quote from: mothman on April 14, 2018, 08:27:05 PM
When you consider that - despite the many verified crimes committed by the Russian state, the Syrian regime, the Iranian theocracy and their Lebanese Hisballah proxies - Biggy is talking solely about the West, the level of hypocrisy, mendacity and dishonesty he's displaying is truly obscene.

A man ignorant of the absolutely mind boggling amount of people killed in US wars of aggression/regime change since 1945 here - the most destructive empire of all time by an absolute fucking mile.

bgmnts

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 14, 2018, 08:36:41 PM

A man ignorant of the absolutely mind boggling amount of people killed in US wars of aggression/regime change since 1945 here - the most destructive empire of all time by an absolute fucking mile.

Surely USSR knocks the US for six when it comes to deaths?

I hate even reducing these things to stats but ho hum.

Paul Calf

Quote from: bgmnts on April 14, 2018, 08:39:13 PM
Surely USSR knocks the US for six when it comes to deaths?

I hate even reducing these things to stats but ho hum.

And possibly half a Millennium of British Empire.

massive bereavement

Since they nuked Japan the United States have bombed 24 different countries.

biggytitbo

In Korea and Vietnam alone, the US were responsible for 10-15 million deaths and they are just 2 of the dozens of war crimes they've committed since WW2, which of course commenced with the nuclear holocausts of hiroshima and nagasaki, the only use of nuclear weapons for mass murder on record so far. Few people are in any doubt that the next and probably last ever use of nuclear weapons will also be the US are they? The most dangerous empire of all time, easily.

Cuellar

Everyone needs a war, don't they? Trump even reprising the classic Bush line 'Mission Accomplished'. Nice, nice.

Cold Meat Platter

I've sunk all my money into spiked shoulder pads and dune buggies.

Jakey Chesterton

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 14, 2018, 09:05:36 PM
I've sunk all my money into spiked shoulder pads and dune buggies.

The coalition set out their terms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

(actually minimises the situation since they're already occupying the oilfields and that isn't enough)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 14, 2018, 08:08:58 PM
Ambivalent about nation states at the best of times but Western imperial states launching wars for no reason can fuck right off.

Bbbbut we're the good guys!

Guinea-Bissau Rambo lights up another cigar and slings an AK over his back.

bgmnts

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 14, 2018, 08:53:27 PM
In Korea and Vietnam alone, the US were responsible for 10-15 million deaths and they are just 2 of the dozens of war crimes they've committed since WW2, which of course commenced with the nuclear holocausts of hiroshima and nagasaki, the only use of nuclear weapons for mass murder on record so far. Few people are in any doubt that the next and probably last ever use of nuclear weapons will also be the US are they? The most dangerous empire of all time, easily.

Surely in Vietnam and Korea, both the US and the USSR were jointly responsible...?

The ethics of dropping the atomic bomb is much discussed but some could argue that it ended a much longer drawn out conflict in the pacific. I have read accounts of fire bombing and it is genuinely some of the worst stuff i have ever read. Another 5 years of that in Japan doesnt seem worse than a nuke.

Vodka Margarine

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on April 14, 2018, 08:57:50 PM
Everyone needs a war, don't they? Trump even reprising the classic Bush line 'Mission Accomplished'. Nice, nice.

A fast-track war.

biggytitbo

Quote from: bgmnts on April 14, 2018, 09:19:13 PM
Surely in Vietnam and Korea, both the US and the USSR were jointly responsible...

No?

massive bereavement

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

thraxx

Quote from: massive bereavement on April 14, 2018, 09:23:50 PM
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Don't forget the second verse:

Someone's wanking my lord, kumbaya
OH LORD!  CUMBAYAH!

Cold Meat Platter

What's everyone's favourite war? I know it's a bit hackneyed but for me you can't beat World War II.