Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ITS WAR!!!

Started by Dr Rock, April 14, 2018, 07:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Sport the war

War support

The sport is war, total war, where victory's a massacre

The final swing is not a drill

IT'S HOW MANY PEOPLE I CAN KILL

- Gavin Williamson

biggytitbo

In order of greatness:

WW2 (best plot of any war).
WW1 (the first ww lacks the finesse of its sequal but makes up for it in gritty realism)
Vietnam (more a slaughter than a war, but has to get the vote due to the excellent films it spawned)

massive bereavement

In 2018, everyone died.

idunnosomename

I'm partial to the War of Jenkins' Ear, truth be told

massive bereavement

Word is spreading. People are fucking in the streets outside my house. Nobody gives a shit anymore.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 14, 2018, 09:37:50 PM
In order of greatness:

WW2 (best plot of any war).
WW1 (the first ww lacks the finesse of its sequal but makes up for it in gritty realism)
Vietnam (more a slaughter than a war, but has to get the vote due to the excellent films it spawned)

You've got to go a long way to beat a world war.

a duncandisorderly

a few weeks ago, I pre-ordered the remastered DVD of "threads". it arrived this week.

bleak.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 14, 2018, 09:34:08 PM
What's everyone's favourite war? I know it's a bit hackneyed but for me you can't beat World War II.

Hundred Years.

Danger Man

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 14, 2018, 09:34:08 PM
What's everyone's favourite war? I know it's a bit hackneyed but for me you can't beat World War II.

El Salvador vs Honduras 1969 (The Football War)

The hipsters choice. A four day war that kicked off after a qualifying match for the 1970 World Cup. The war wasn't about the game itself, it has to be said. Pity.

Danger Man

Quote from: massive bereavement on April 14, 2018, 09:43:37 PM
People are fucking in the streets outside my house. Nobody gives a shit anymore.

Sounds like Derby on a good day.

thraxx

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 14, 2018, 09:55:37 PM
Hundred Years.

We're after quality mate not quantity.  QUALITY.

Psmith

The best war was undoubtedly the shortest.
British Empire V Zanzibar.
45 mins.All sorted by half time.

thraxx

Which war has got the 9 year olds with the Kalashnikovs?  That one's my favorite.  I hope it's still going on.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: thraxx on April 14, 2018, 09:58:33 PM

Quantity has a quality all its own.

idunnosomename

Quote from: thraxx on April 14, 2018, 09:58:33 PM
Agincourt? Crecy? Seems pretty quality to me

Paul Calf

Pioneering use of cannon.

dallasman

Macron May Trump: Stop gas attacks!

thraxx

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 14, 2018, 10:07:33 PM
Agincourt? Crecy? Seems pretty quality to me

Simpering toffs in tights and cod pieces called things like Percival de Pubus and hairy-shirted plebs with sticks by the thousand dying of disease before they even see the frogs?  BOLLOCKS MATE. Just can't compare with methed up 9 year olds with AKs braaping up the local potato patch.

biggytitbo

World Phwwoooaarr 2 was when Scarlet Johanson and Sally Gunnell have a nude fight in a paddling pool full of jelly imo.

willpurry

Looking forward to being the sex slave of a post apocalyptic warrior queen.

biggytitbo

And people have the audacity to say war is hell -

Dex Sawash

Quote from: willpurry on April 14, 2018, 10:22:54 PM
Looking forward to being the sex slave of a post apocalyptic warrior queen.

Kill Jester

Jakey Chesterton

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/apr/14/syria-donald-trump-announcement-chemical-attack-live

Syria latest: US 'locked and loaded' if chemical weapons used again – as it happened

US ambassador to UN warns Assad after strikes with UK and French allies on targets associated with chemical weapons

American diplomat sounding like the speech clips that play when you click on your units in Red Alert.

honeychile

The fucking Guardian... i know, i know we shouldn't look at it, but fucking hell:

Quote from: The GuardianThe strikes drew support from some non-political quarters. The London-based foreign policy thinktank, the Henry Jackson Society, praised May for "taking resolute action" that would help deter further use of chemical weapons. However, executive director Alan Mendoza said the airstrikes should be the start of a wider military campaign, instead of action the US has described as a "one-time shot."

1. Just because an organisation is not "party political" doesn't mean it's "non-political". The HJS is an expressly right-wing and hawkish organisation designed to influence political opinion, and its signatories include 21 current or previous members of parliament. "Politics" is not just about the colour of the rosettes our current war criminals happen to be wearing.

2. Why the fuck is anyone supposed to care what the HJS, a bunch of establishment war fetishists whose views are already well-represented within parliament, thinks about this or anything else? Who is clamouring for their opinion?

3. "Alan Mendoza said the airstrikes should be the start of a wider military campaign"... just drawing attention to that again because there are people who think that would somehow be a good idea.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: honeychile on April 14, 2018, 11:30:38 PM
The fucking Guardian... i know, i know we shouldn't look at it, but fucking hell:

1. Just because an organisation is not "party political" doesn't mean it's "non-political". The HJS is an expressly right-wing and hawkish organisation designed to influence political opinion, and its signatories include 21 current or previous members of parliament. "Politics" is not just about the colour of the rosettes our current war criminals happen to be wearing.

2. Why the fuck is anyone supposed to care what the HJS, a bunch of establishment war fetishists whose views are already well-represented within parliament, thinks about this or anything else? Who is clamouring for their opinion?

3. "Alan Mendoza said the airstrikes should be the start of a wider military campaign"... just drawing attention to that again because there are people who think that would somehow be a good idea.

Any anti-war voices being heard in the mainstream? Hawking hell on all the usual sites. "Phwoooooar look at that arsenal" pics on the BEEB. Cock sucking cunts.

Large Noise

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 14, 2018, 11:55:50 PM
Any anti-war voices being heard in the mainstream? Hawking hell on all the usual sites. "Phwoooooar look at that arsenal" pics on the BEEB. Cock sucking cunts.
The BBC's coverage has been appalling since the strikes took place. There is absolutely no discussion of central questions like:

1) Why would Assad do this?
2) Are western claims that 'this is not about regime change' trustworthy?
3) How can anyone believe Trump simultaneously cares deeply about Syrian civilians and detests Syrian refugees?

They just take establishment claims on questions like these at face value. So for example when May talks about how these strikes were limited, Laura Kuenssberg's only caveat is that mission creep can happen. There's absolutely no discussion whatsoever of whether we should trust May's claim about her own intentions.

Trump's presence really illuminates all this. It's impossible for sensible people to take what he says seriously, so while the propaganda machine goes through its usual routine his big stupid face totally undermines it all.

Twed

Don't worry, lib Twitter is genuinely blaming Susan Sarandon. It's beyond parody.

I just want somebody relatable in power. Things are way too Stealer's Wheel.

Jakey Chesterton

Quote from: Large Noise on April 15, 2018, 12:07:20 AM
Trump's presence really illuminates all this. It's impossible for sensible people to take what he says seriously, so while the propaganda machine goes through its usual routine his big stupid face totally undermines it all.

It's astonishing. They keep reading out the same R2P humanitarian intervention script, as if they're not goading on a man who said this:

"We're fighting a very politically correct war," Trump said. "And the other thing with the terrorists — you have to take out their families .When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families! They care about their lives, don't kid yourselves. They say they don't care about their lives. But you have to take out their families."

But no you see he was very moved by pictures of the "beautiful babies" or something. Absoloutely shameless.

Sherringford Hovis

The only surprise throughout this clusterfuck is that the RAF can muster planes outside of their usual 0930-1645 Mon-Fri opening hours (half-day Wednesdays).

Alberon

Even if Assad is guilty of gassing his citizens the whole venture is pointless. The level of forewarning means most things of value have been moved from probable targets. In some cases to outside the country. And the strikes will never be above a certain level where retaliation from Russia would be likely.

So you end up with an attack no less symbolic and pointless than the one last year.

That's why Assad could think he'd get away with using chemical weapons (if it was him). It's because he has. Repeatedly.