Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

You have seen Star Wars, right? Good/common stuff that's passed you by.

Started by littlenell, April 15, 2018, 07:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Loved The Prisoner but have never watched any Danger Man

(mind blown gif)

(new page gif)

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: littlenell on April 15, 2018, 08:06:21 PM
Yeah it is, so I don't know why I included it. Meh, least I can say I've had anal sex repeatedly, both ways ;)

Might be being gormless but how do you have anal 'both ways'?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Drop Dead Fred on April 15, 2018, 08:37:59 PM
Life On Mars
Anything with 'reality' or 'celebrity' in the title.

You really should check out Celebrity Life On Mars.

Crabwalk

Quote from: TwinPeaks on April 15, 2018, 09:38:16 PM
Haven't seen a single western. I know the tropes through cultural osmosis, and played Red Dead Redemption, but I was never really fussed about actually watching a film. Just seemed boring, aesthetically maybe. Just some people going around and shouting about gold or something. Only recently decided that I do want to watch the classics eventually, mainly because if I'm going to watch Jim Jarmusch's take on the western genre in Dead Man then I sort of want to know what a normal western is like. Thing is I want to get through some Kurosawa films first so I can go 'oh yeah that's like that Kurosawa film', whichever one is the one that Leone supposedly copied. THING IS I just have a childish aversion to old films and that's really bad but I've just got too many lesser known films that sound a lot more interesting, even though it pretty much always turns out these classics are actually interesting.

I love Westerns but if you have an aversion to 'old films' I'd recommend easing yourself in with something like 'Unforgiven', which contains a lot of classic Western themes and elements while feeling very contemporary in its form and tone.

If you don't like 'Unforgiven' (and I think you will as it's frigging amazing) I'm pretty sure you won't like any Western.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: TwinPeaks on April 15, 2018, 09:38:16 PM
Haven't seen a single western... Only recently decided that I do want to watch the classics eventually, mainly because if I'm going to watch Jim Jarmusch's take on the western genre in Dead Man then I sort of want to know what a normal western is like. Thing is I want to get through some Kurosawa films first so I can go 'oh yeah that's like that Kurosawa film', whichever one is the one that Leone supposedly copied.
Yojimbo isn't just a way to greet people called James.

I'm not sure Leone's films are the best place to start, since they were already a deconstruction of the classical Western. Also, I think Kurosawa was himself influenced by the earlier Western westerns.

holyzombiejesus

Never had a McDonalds or a KFC or a donner kebab.
Never been to a rave or a dance music club thing.
Never downloaded a film or TV programme.
Never driven anything with an engine.

littlenell

Yeah Jesus Christ superstar is groovy, I loved it despite calling myself an athiest. I've never seen sound of music either, or The Waltons. I've never seen a western I can recall. I could never do more than one side of a Rubik cube, and I had the book that set out how to do it.
I've never eaten a sorbet, a poached egg or a doner kebab.

buttgammon

I didn't really like films until I was in my teens, so I've not seen many children's films. I still have quite specific/peculiar taste in films, so there's still an enormous list of popular and well known films that I've never seen. I have watched about half an hour of a Star Wars film (one of the more recent ones) when my uncle put one on a few years ago; even though I was drunk, it was atrocious, and I made my excuses and left as soon as I could. I can imagine the earlier ones have their merits and just aren't the sort of thing I would enjoy, but this particular film looked incredibly shoddy.

I simply don't like fantasy stuff, musicals, melodramatic Oscar fodder, horror, most sci-fi (with some exceptions) or big, epic stuff, so there are great swathes of things I have no interest in. What is much more embarrassing is that I didn't see Breaking Bad until it had long finished and the hype had died down. That and Better Call Saul are now two of my favourite TV programmes ever.

littlenell

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 15, 2018, 09:56:19 PM
Might be being gormless but how do you have anal 'both ways'?

It helps if you start out being male and a practising homosexual.

I'd be happy to elucidate if needed but I'm sure you get it now ;)

canadagoose

Two people in a row that have never had a donner kebab. How?!

I've never driven a car on a road; I've never seen 50 Shades of Grey (never fancied it); I've never read Dickens either.

Quote from: littlenell on April 15, 2018, 10:15:35 PM
It helps if you start out being male and a practising homosexual.

I'd be happy to elucidate if needed but I'm sure you get it now ;)
Are you "one of us"? I have to ask! :D

littlenell

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 15, 2018, 10:10:13 PM
Never had a McDonalds or a KFC or a donner kebab.
Never been to a rave or a dance music club thing.
Never downloaded a film or TV programme.
Never driven anything with an engine.

Crickey. Can you ride a bike? Swim? Throw over arm?

Only kidding fella, I've never done at least 4 of things on your list either. And I'm probably twice your age.

Dannyhood91

littlenell

Quote from: canadagoose on April 15, 2018, 10:18:14 PM
Two people in a row that have never had a donner kebab. How?!

I've never driven a car on a road; I've never seen 50 Shades of Grey (never fancied it); I've never read Dickens either.
Are you "one of us"? I have to ask! :D

I'm not sure what you mean, but yeah, probably.

bgmnts

Desirable Industrial Unit

1. Lost my mind
2. Hidden a child on an aircraft in a suitcase
3. Drank white spirit or similar
4. Done something unclear involving a firearm, probably in a KFC
5. Traveled to the Netherlands
6. Been an organ donor in southeast Asia
7. Investigated small business opportunities south of Texas
8. Investigated international business opportunities
9. Actually died in my place of residence

Like and share if you were a 90s kid!

I suppose Game of Thrones and Harry Potter are the biggest ones that have passed me by - never read the books, never seen the films.  My grandfather won at this, though.  I was eating a yoghurt in his presence when he was probably in his early 80s, and he mentioned that he'd never in his life eaten a yoghurt, although he suspected they were probably nice.  I offered him a taste.  'Well, no, not at this point'.  Took that 'no yoghurt' badge to his grave.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: olliebean on April 15, 2018, 09:47:01 PM
It's certainly the best thing ALW's ever done.

I've never seen The Sound of Music. Odd because in general I love musicals, but for some reason I've just never had the slightest interest in seeing that particular one.

i watched it with a friend when I was about twenty, one hungover Easter Monday where we thought we'd mock it, only for both of us to love it. Sure it's cheesy but it's a great deal of fun and most of the songs are better than the title theme.

Quote from: littlenell on April 15, 2018, 10:11:44 PM
Yeah Jesus Christ superstar is groovy, I loved it despite calling myself an athiest. I've never seen sound of music either, or The Waltons. I've never seen a western I can recall. I could never do more than one side of a Rubik cube, and I had the book that set out how to do it.
I've never eaten a sorbet, a poached egg or a doner kebab.

I'm an atheist too but it can't be denied it's a cracking interpretation of the story, and the actress who plays Mary has a beautiful voice, I've played "I Don't Know How To Love Him" three times today.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I haven't ever:

1. Given you up
2. Let you down
3. Turned around and hurt you

I won't rule it out in future though.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: littlenell on April 15, 2018, 10:18:49 PM
Crickey. Can you ride a bike? Swim? Throw over arm?

Only kidding fella, I've never done at least 4 of things on your list either. And I'm probably twice your age.

I cycle loads but I can't really swim. I have such shit co-ordination to the extent that when I was little and we used to have to close our eyes during prayers in assembly, I would fall over. I'm kind of ambidextrous but not very good with either. I can do backstroke fine but have never managed to be able to do that frog leg things for breast stroke.

Reason I've never had a donner kebab (or McD etc) is I became a vegetarian when I was about 12.

littlenell

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 15, 2018, 10:34:49 PM
I cycle loads but I can't really swim. I have such shit co-ordination to the extent that when I was little and we used to have to close our eyes during prayers in assembly, I would fall over. I'm kind of ambidextrous but not very good with either. I can do backstroke fine but have never managed to be able to do that frog leg things for breast stroke.

Reason I've never had a donner kebab (or McD etc) is I became a vegetarian when I was about 12.

My niece/nephew...twins, both 18; have never tried Mcd KFC or kebabs either. Same reason, vegetarians since 10 or so. I've never had a doner kebab cos I don't fancy the look of the twirling pole of sweaty meat.

littlenell

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 15, 2018, 10:27:54 PM
I haven't ever:

1. Given you up
2. Let you down
3. Turned around and hurt you

I won't rule it out in future though.

You've obviously told a lie, and said goodbye. It's only a matter of time before I'm deserted, I don't doubt it.

littlenell

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 15, 2018, 10:27:33 PM
i watched it with a friend when I was about twenty, one hungover Easter Monday where we thought we'd mock it, only for both of us to love it. Sure it's cheesy but it's a great deal of fun and most of the songs are better than the title theme.

I'm an atheist too but it can't be denied it's a cracking interpretation of the story, and the actress who plays Mary has a beautiful voice, I've played "I Don't Know How To Love Him" three times today.

I've never misspelled atheist before! The music is great isn't it, funky guitar and soul searching songs. Like the Who, like JDSS probably.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: littlenell on April 15, 2018, 10:39:31 PM
My niece/nephew...twins, both 18; have never tried Mcd KFC or kebabs either. Same reason, vegetarians since 10 or so. I've never had a doner kebab cos I don't fancy the look of the twirling pole of sweaty meat.

I'll show you a twirling pole of sweaty meat.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I've never been to Manchester. It's supposed to be decent and that but despite venturing up to the north-ish of England it's never been graced by my presence. If anyone is willing to pay my travel/stay expenses I will check it out any time though

NurseNugent

I've never seen any of the Back to The Future films.

I've never had a gin and tonic.

I've never smoked pot

Mr_Simnock

QuoteI haven't read 40 shades of grey, or it's sequel (s).

I am stuck on the 5th book in the Game of Thrones series, and have only ever seen the 1st episode of the televised adaptation.

Never watched Downton Abbey. I've never seen a badger in the wild. I have never drunk red bull, and never eaten a pineapple fritter. I've never listened to an album by Cat Stevens, Nick Drake or Bob Dylan, despite loving the song or two I've heard by each. I've never farted openly in public, and I've never been on Twitter.

I've never seen a stripper or been to a strip club.

I could go on, but I've already said too much. I wondered if anybody else on CaB has lived such a sheltered life?

I could probably go on

Well get out there and try something you fool, you might enjoy them and wonder why you didn't earlier.

Dex Sawash