Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Larry Elder redpills Dave Rubin and you

Started by tenmen, April 15, 2018, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Mediocre Poster on April 15, 2018, 08:31:39 PM
Does anyone know where you can buy Bao buns, the ones they use in Vietnam for pork belly? Really want to eat some but can't be bothered making the buns myself

This, this is the real burning issue! I've really struggled to find buns for my Char Siew, it's driving me mental. Frozen ones are available but crap and homemade are a faff and again not quite right.

Come on people let's address the important issues please.

Utter Shit

Quote from: ajsmith2 on April 16, 2018, 09:44:28 AM
These new guys only post about 'politically charged' stuff and engage very shallowly. They're like hobbyist fishermen who buy all the brightest flashiest  kit and bait then give up after 3 weeks when nothing's biting like the beginners manuals said they would.

Beautifully put.

itsfredtitmus

yea thats very true
dont think ive seen any of these posters post in anything apart from the corbyn thread and trump threads or start shit threads like this

Funcrusher

Quote from: jobotic on April 16, 2018, 09:05:49 AM
I thought he was Milverton but perhaps he's just nicked some of his lines. Either that or Milverton has had a head injury and thinks he's fifteen again.

tenmen=slapasoldier=Milverton aka Graham

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Dr Trouser on April 16, 2018, 09:49:40 AM
This, this is the real burning issue! I've really struggled to find buns for my Char Siew, it's driving me mental. Frozen ones are available but crap and homemade are a faff and again not quite right.

Where are are you getting them? There's a world of difference between the commercial char siu bao you find in the back of a shop and the ones they keep in the fridges in the deep end of an industrial estate.

Quote from: Dr Trouser on April 16, 2018, 09:49:40 AM

Come on people let's address the important issues please.

Oh wow I never heard of CHar Siew before, that's on the list too. Going to try the local Asian supermarket this avo, see what they got

Zero Gravitas

Whatever happened to those chunks of desiccated ginger in some kind of red ginger powder? Those were my favourite Chinese sweet as a child.

That red powder was probably some kind of industrial dye and I'm sterile now.

oh wait no, that was this:

Contaminated with malachite green, shame I used to love that stuff.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: ajsmith2 on April 16, 2018, 09:44:28 AM
I don't think any of these recent short lived guys are Milverton. Milverton was a proper invested CaB poster, and would regularly contribute non-confrontationally to non-political threads and subforums. Maybe he had/developed some trolling tendencies, but he was a real guy, just way right of most of CaB politically.

Milverton was also intentionally funny sometimes.

tenmen

Quote from: Bhazor on April 15, 2018, 09:22:23 PM
Well the fact that Trayvon Martin had not committed an armed robbery.

Did you see my earlier reply to this?

Paul Calf

Quote from: tenmen on April 16, 2018, 09:33:40 PM
Did you see my earlier reply to this?

I saw it and I thought it was shit. Run along, jester.

tenmen

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 16, 2018, 09:37:45 PM
I saw it and I thought it was shit. Run along, jester.

Did I get something wrong? I think it was Bhazor who was wrong. He completely made up a quote by Elder just to justify his disagreement with him, and I'm the only one who called him out. You're all seriously deluded.

sevendaughters

why is this your favourite youtube video and not something good like that guy whose spade breaks looking for something he buried 20 years ago or the Castleford commentator who says U BOTTLELESS GET. whatever the facts of this video are this is a deeply nothingy piece.

phantom_power

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 19, 2018, 11:54:37 AM
why is this your favourite youtube video and not something good like that guy whose spade breaks looking for something he buried 20 years ago or the Castleford commentator who says U BOTTLELESS GET. whatever the facts of this video are this is a deeply nothingy piece.

Because he is a witless cunt who should be ignored to starve him of the oxygen of outrage and twisted moral superiority that he thrives on

thenoise

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on April 15, 2018, 09:16:23 PM
The real question is: which sad former CaB poster is tenmen? And why did he run away crying last time? The answer will shock you bore you.

Barry Admin

I haven't been paying much attention, but assumed it's slapasoldier, the bottom-runger from what remains of DSMO.

Edit: could be wrong, can't be arsed checking at the minute. He's a dullard regardless.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 19, 2018, 01:00:16 PM
I haven't been paying much attention, but assumed it's slapasoldier, the bottom-runger from what remains of DSMO.

Edit: could be wrong, can't be arsed checking at the minute. He's a dullard regardless.

I'm certain he's the crumbling shell that is what remains of Milverton. Is he posting from Reading?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 19, 2018, 05:42:46 PM
I'm certain he's the crumbling shell that is what remains of Milverton. Is he posting from Reading?

He's certainly not reading before posting.

Eh?
Eh?

tenmen

For all of the people who've asked why I post here since I clearly disagree with the opinions of most of the other posters here, I've a simple answer: because I disagree with most of the other people here. I want to be exposed to other viewpoints and challenged by other arguments. Don't you?

I've been so disappointed by the responses to this thread.
Don't you EVER want to challenge your own biases?  Did anyone of you watch the video? Did it give you pause for thought?

99% of you agree that the US is institutionally racist against blacks. Why can't you handle one thread that says the otherwise without resorting to abuse?

Funcrusher

marquis_de_sad

You put so many question marks at the end of your sentences that you're basically Australian.

Cuellar

Quote from: tenmen on April 20, 2018, 07:00:15 PM
For all of the people who've asked why I post here since I clearly disagree with the opinions of most of the other posters here, I've a simple answer: because I disagree with most of the other people here. I want to be exposed to other viewpoints and challenged by other arguments. Don't you?

I've been so disappointed by the responses to this thread.
Don't you EVER want to challenge your own biases?  Did anyone of you watch the video? Did it give you pause for thought?

99% of you agree that the US is institutionally racist against blacks. Why can't you handle one thread that says the otherwise without resorting to abuse?

I watched the video. Didn't seem very groundbreaking to me.

"Do what you're told and you won't get shot by police" - demonstrably untrue.

tenmen

Do you really think he meant that literally? In 99.9% of cases it's probably true. There must be tens of millions of interactions between cops and citizens every year without anyone getting shot.

The problem is, you only hear about the very rare exceptions like this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/shocking-body-cam-footage-reveals-the-moment-an-unarmed-man-is-shot-dead-in-arizona-as-the-officer-a3713946.html

And because of confirmation bias, those cases are thought to be the norm. They're just not.

marquis_de_sad

Do you think it's time we re-evaluated the music of goatee-era George Michael?

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on April 20, 2018, 07:37:48 PM
Do you think it's time we re-evaluated the music of goatee-era George Michael?

most definitely. everyone, feel free to post some favourite tracks. can't say that it's an era that i'm too familiar with

rjd2

I don't mind Rubin interviewing right wingers whatsoever, but a man who constantly champions "free speech" and "diversity of thought" surely he could get some left wingers now and then for balance? .