Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:49:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Flat White Thread

Started by Buelligan, April 16, 2018, 09:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

what is going on with people here? why can't Buelligan post this and jab the finger firmly in the chest of American Corporate Malaise and Ill-judged Authoritarianism. My reaction would be fuck off coppers...a fucking tragedy albeit without death or injury this time.

imitationleather

Quote from: pancreas on April 16, 2018, 10:54:19 AM
Over-roasted Robusta-infested shite.

Testify.

They also use water that is about 1,000 degrees. It's a clusterfuck in a cup if you have coffee without milk and sugar.

Ten hundred million stores and not single cunting gooseneck kettle among them.

Cuellar

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 16, 2018, 12:45:41 PM
what is going on with people here? why can't Buelligan post this and jab the finger firmly in the chest of American Corporate Malaise and Ill-judged Authoritarianism. My reaction would be fuck off coppers...a fucking tragedy albeit without death or injury this time.

It's part of this new 'anti-news threads' craze that's going round at the moment.

Buelligan

Quote from: Barry ShitpeasIt's like if you imagine yourself in a coffee shop - but it's actually a pub - and two black geezers come in...

Povidone

What is it about the flat white that makes dickheads feel perfectly comfortable ordering despite it not being on the fucking menu?

Cuellar

Actually there's one for the good/common stuff that's passed you by thread:

Never had a flat white.

mothman

Me neither. Don't think coffee should have milk in.

bgmnts

People who choose black coffee over white confuse me.

Coffee with milk should be on every coffee menu. Having to make us put our own milks in. The cheek of it.

Utter Shit

Quote from: bgmnts on April 16, 2018, 05:03:44 PM

Alright tenmen.

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on April 16, 2018, 05:03:44 PM

The typos in this post! I think you meant, "People who choose white coffee over black should be round up, shot and their corpses interfered with by sick men."

canadagoose

Quote from: Cuellar on April 16, 2018, 04:58:39 PM
Actually there's one for the good/common stuff that's passed you by thread:

Never had a flat white.
Me neither. One for the bucket list, I think.

JesusAndYourBush

Argh.  This thread reminded me of that advert with the condescending woman.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 16, 2018, 05:51:14 PM
Argh.  This thread reminded me of that advert with the condescending woman.

I think I know the exact one you mean

thenoise

Starbucks coffee is dire, and so is racism. Next time I order a coffee I will order a black one in solidarity. And then ask them to put milk in it, cos black coffee is rank.

Povidone

Sorry, I have derailed this thread with my flat white comment. It was borne out of my own genuine exeriences of oppression, except instead of institutionalised racism of corporate and public bodies it is at the hands of mildly annoying wanky cunts and Australians in general.

Back on topic: Starbucks can get to fuck

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thenoise on April 16, 2018, 07:07:22 PM
Starbucks coffee is dire, and so is racism. Next time I order a coffee I will order a black one in solidarity. And then ask them to put milk in it, cos black coffee is rank.

One of my mates does this, he's convinced that a 'white coffee' is something different to a coffee with milk in it.

Winnie Mandela's driving lesson goes badly wrong.

tenmen

What should be done to people who sit in shops for hours and refuse to leave or buy anything when asked?

Buelligan

Quote from: tenmen on April 16, 2018, 09:32:12 PM
What should be done to people who sit in shops for hours and refuse to leave or buy anything when asked?

They should be paid well and get 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays or time in lieu.  Maybe work out some sort of rota for weekends.

Easy this.

Paul Calf

Quote from: tenmen on April 16, 2018, 09:32:12 PM

They should be forced to read a printout of your posts from cover to cover unless they stump up for an americano.

Buelligan

Unless the americano in question is Trump, in which case they should be encouraged to eject him empty-handed.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteStarbucks has moved to try to resolve the uproar over the arrest of two black men at one of its stores, announcing plans to close more than 8,000 US stores for several hours next month to conduct racial-bias training for its nearly 175,000 workers.

The training will take place on 29th May.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/17/starbucks-racism-training-close-stores-may-us

Should this be rolled out in Starbucks stores outside of the US as well? Have you seen any protests outside your local Starbucks?

thenoise

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 18, 2018, 10:22:22 AM
The training will take place on 29th May.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/17/starbucks-racism-training-close-stores-may-us

Should this be rolled out in Starbucks stores outside of the US as well? Have you seen any protests outside your local Starbucks?

Well there haven't been any black people arrested for going into my local Starbucks.  So far as I'm aware.

BlodwynPig

Princess Diana was not a fan of the Fiat White either

BlodwynPig

Ever wanted to know what the decomposition process inside the grave looked like? Prince Phil 2011-Present Day

Buelligan

He does seem to spend a worrying amount of time at Althorp "pottering about in boats".

Icehaven

This is why Spoons needs to expand to the States, they also sell coffee and the staff would neither notice nor care if you sat there for the whole day and didn't buy anything.