Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:12:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Flat White Thread

Started by Buelligan, April 16, 2018, 09:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Just because they inflict horrible corporate chains bereft of any soul on us doesn't mean we should return the favour.

thenoise

Quote from: icehaven on April 18, 2018, 03:10:13 PM
This is why Spoons needs to expand to the States, they also sell coffee and the staff would neither notice nor care if you sat there for the whole day and didn't buy anything.

It's a good indicator of when not to bother turning up to a job interview, if they want to interview you in a Starbucks.  They will probably inform you that you get 'performance related pay' only, and/or you need to register as self employed in order that you make even more money.  Save myself the time and bother and tell them to stick their job up their cunts.

Never been interviewed in a 'Spoons though, that sounds like fun.  Order a round of slammers at 11am and tell them about the time I got so drunk I wet myself.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA golf club in Pennsylvania has apologized for calling police on a group of black women after the co-owner and his father said they were playing too slowly and refused requests to leave the course.

"I felt we were discriminated against," one of the women, Myneca Ojo, told the York Daily Record. "It was a horrific experience."

Sandra Thompson and four friends met up Saturday to play a round of golf at the Grandview golf club, where they are all members, she told the newspaper.

At the second hole, a white man whose son co-owns the club came up to them twice to complain that they weren't keeping up with the pace of play. Thompson, an attorney and the head of the York chapter of the NAACP, told the newspaper it was untrue.

On the same hole, another member of the group, Sandra Harrison, said she spoke with a Grandview golf pro, who said they were fine since they were keeping pace with the group ahead of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/apr/24/pennsylvania-golf-club-apologizes-for-calling-police-on-black-women-members

Fambo Number Mive

The Starbucks case has been settled for $1 from the city and the setting up of a $200,000 programme for young entrepreneurs

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/02/black-men-arrested-starbucks-settlement

There's been a similar case in Canada: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-toronto-restaurant-ordered-to-pay-10000-after-asking-black-customers/

Squink

Quote from: thenoise on April 19, 2018, 10:29:45 AMNever been interviewed in a 'Spoons though, that sounds like fun.  Order a round of slammers at 11am and tell them about the time I got so drunk I wet myself.

I had a job interview yesterday, with three people interviewing me, and at one point the main guy said: "shall we all just go and get a drink?" So we did. I was a little nervous/wary of whether I should even get a beer, but I did, so did they, everyone relaxed, and today they called me to offer me the position. So, in short, 'Spoons interviewing might not be such a bad idea.

hermitical

Was it for a position at a bakery?

Fambo Number Mive

Starbucks says it will now allow people to be there without buying anything - but I thought that was already their position?

The racial bias training is taking part today in Starbucks across the US.