Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fear The Walking Dead S4

Started by Pinckle Wicker, April 16, 2018, 10:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

I couldn't follow that last season at all. I don't expect modern TV drama to be completely linear but the constant back and forth flashbacks drove me up the wall.

Malcy

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on August 13, 2018, 02:33:36 PM
Just watched the latest episode, after the break. Pretty good and not what I was expecting. Not sure when it airs UK TV (tonight?) so won't give anything away as yet but those who have enjoyed it so far will continue to do so.
Thought it was quite low key for a returning episode. Enjoyed it though.

I was glad it took a linear format again and progressed from where we were left. Tbh i lost some attention, with a lot of the first halve of series 4 and found a lot of flashback/forwards a bit confusing. This episode did start of slow but i liked it  building up to them (rather obviously) teaming up and hitting the road. I did laugh at Victor's wrestling with the zombie scene when music on full blast. Am sure that was for comic effect. 

Malcy

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on August 13, 2018, 04:29:17 PM
I was glad it took a linear format again and progressed from where we were left. Tbh i lost some attention, with a lot of the first halve of series 4 and found a lot of flashback/forwards a bit confusing. This episode did start of slow but i liked it  building up to them (rather obviously) teaming up and hitting the road. I did laugh at Victor's wrestling with the zombie scene when music on full blast. Am sure that was for comic effect. 

That was pretty funny. Not enough comedy gurning heads popping up up and struggling in the background though!

Malcy

Great episode this week. Really tense. Loved that the title sequence reflected the strength of the storm. Thought that was a nice touch. It all looked good as well. So gloomy during the storm that when we saw Madison waving the flare and the fire again the colours really stood out. Same when they were in the car. The colour slowly started to come through.

This really does shut all over TWD on a regular basis.

Hey, last nights episode was a really good mix of storylines and I felt myself more and more getting to enjoy the characters than I had previously, especially the new ones. I loved the crossing wcene and the pesky crocodile which drew parallels with the dirty woman traveller lurking and listening to them with her killer bite. It was the first time in a while that I have been very keen to get the next episode to watch.

Puce Moment

I have to say that I am loving the feel of the second half of this season after becoming completely jaded with the first half and some of the more daft decisions.

It's all sepia - practically black and white in some scenes and there is a general air of menace and insanity. However, I watched all five episodes pretty much back to back and they are using the same redemptive, speechy epiphanies in the third act of every episode. It makes them feel like short films but also it is terribly generic. The thing with Lucy going for the bottle of beer was ballbags. Also, the siblings went from being truck stealers and petty liars to charitable sorts just based on one speech from Morgan. Nah.

Anyone else still giving this a try?

Malcy

Just caught up with the last 4 episodes. I kept seeing articles about it and 'characters grim fate revealed' articles and the like so decided t catch up rather than waiting another 2 weeks to binge the rest.

Was expecting another main character death but it never happened. The crocodile/alligator scene was great. As soon as Charlie & Alicia arrived there i was shouting don't go in the water! Still enjoying this much more than the recent few series of TWD.

Malcy

Good, if not a bit silly, end to the series. Could they not have licked the ethanol off the ground? Still, drinking beer, especially Jim's which I thought was a nice touch, to stop yourself dying is a great excuse to get rat arsed. Charlie has a taste for it now!

Don't know about the whole going to find people in need business. Setting up communities never ends well. Glad we kept all the cast and no one got offed. The thing with Fear is that the deaths are always a surprise. Look at Nick & Travis. Still think Travis's death was a huge bolt out of the blue. So unexpected.

Wish we had another 16 eps of this in the coming weeks rather than TWD. I reckon once Rick's gone I'll finally give up on it and just stick with this.

Malcy

Interesting wording from the FTWD show runners regarding Daniel.

Quote"We don't want to give anything away, but we've said it before and we'll keep saying it: Daniel Salazar is out there," he teased. "He's alive, and he will be popping up again in the Walking Dead universe."

Not popping up again in FTWD specifically but the TWD universe.