Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:29:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Broadband thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 16, 2018, 11:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

So I've moved into a new gaff and am thinking of getting broadband.

There is a BT line so BT seems the best option.

However, I have recently taken down one of those letterbox things you can put on the wall as people can reach in and get the post.

I don't want the postal staff to get confused and also my hall floor is lino and my letterbox is a bit high up - if the postal staff put the hub through my door and it lands on the lino will it be damaged?

Also, is BT broadband easy to set up?

Wilbur

They are shipped in a protective cardboard box and are quite sturdy anyway so should be fine.

Yes.

bgmnts

My downliad speed is around 4mbps its fucking wank.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: bgmnts on April 16, 2018, 12:54:10 PM
My downliad speed is around 4mbps its fucking wank.
calm down liad

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 16, 2018, 11:48:32 AM
However, I have recently taken down one of those letterbox things you can put on the wall as people can reach in and get the post.

...and also my hall floor is lino and my letterbox is a bit high up - if the postal staff put the hub through my door and it lands on the lino will it be damaged?

If your letterbox is big enough to take the hub (in its cardboard box surrounded by excess polystyrene) then you should also be worried about small burglars climbing through your letterbox.

Dex Sawash

momatt

My parents have BT broadband.
It's fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I'm with EE.  They've worked well for me.

I wouldn't worry too much about router packaging.  Shouldn't be a primary concern when choosing providers.

Just look up broadband providers, on a comparison site like this:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband

Bazooka

Get one of those Freeserve internet discs, pop it in your Packard Bell and you can download every episode of the news in a couple of days.

Bobtoo

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 16, 2018, 01:08:39 PM
If your letterbox is big enough to take the hub (in its cardboard box surrounded by excess polystyrene) then you should also be worried about small burglars climbing through your letterbox.

BT hubs come in packaging that is designed to fit through the letterbox.

Uncle TechTip

It's almost like they thought about it before designing the packaging.

Sebastian Cobb

Plusnet are like a slightly more competent and cheaper version of BT, despite being owned by them.

Might be worth checking out Vodafone as well; they offer broadband without a landline and line rental (although they must be paying it through the upfront cost).

Talktalk is cheap but they're really incompetent.