Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:51:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrisons mystery

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 16, 2018, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Couople could not have meat pies before 9am, though they could have fruit pies.

Is this due to:

An obscure bylaw

A conspiracy

The pies are still cooling down

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/16/couples-anger-told-cant-buy-meat-pies-9am-morrisons-7470227/amp/?ito=amp-trending2

biggytitbo

Because they cook the pies fresh on the premises that day? Or maybe the pieman cannot be roused until 8:30.

Utter Shit

Imagine not being able to buy a pie before 9am and your reaction being to go running to the papers. What is the matter with these cunts?

Hobo With A Shit Pun

"Tony, who has fish and chips three days a week and says he rarely touches pastry, believes Morrisons have a hidden agenda."

Doesn't say what it is, though. Probably lizards.

Spoon of Ploff

Let them eat muesli.

Force them in fact.

Alberon

Imagine becoming a reporter and having to write a story on shit like this.

Fambo Number Mive

I did wonder if the paper had got the story from social media but it seems there is a video with them so they must have spoken to the paper.

metaltax

QuoteLinda concluded: 'I wasn't waiting 20 minutes so I went to Cooplands. I was disappointed to say the least.'

Well that's Cooplands for you Linda.

bgmnts

I have a very empty life but i cant imagine veing that empty or entitled to whinge about not getting a meat pie before 9.

Bloody meat eaters.

NoSleep

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on April 16, 2018, 01:09:50 PM
"Tony, who has fish and chips three days a week and says he rarely touches pastry, believes Morrisons have a hidden agenda."

Doesn't say what it is, though. Probably lizards.

QuoteHe said: 'You can have fruit pies, but you can't have meat pies.'

There's your agenda.

Flouncer

Shades of Whitstable Mum in Custard Shortage here...

biggytitbo

Surely a meat pie is too stodgy for breakfast even for the fattest of cunts?

NoSleep

No pies, but apparently you can get pasties:

Fambo Number Mive

I imagine they were asked to buy them to pose with.

Dr Syntax Head

The Plymouth Herald had daily stories such as this. Top quality journalism.

That is one beautiful branch of Morrisons by the look of it though. Why didn't they just stand outside admiring the wonderful buildings until they could buy their meat?

imitationleather

No pies before 9am, but they could have bought all the lager and spirits they wanted.

THIS COUNTRY!

Dex Sawash

[tag] a glory hole investigation [/tag]

NoSleep

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 16, 2018, 01:23:42 PM
I imagine they were asked to buy them to pose with.

Forced to buy pasties, when they wanted meat pies; before 9am? Is this Morrison's agenda or the newspaper's?

Icehaven

I used to work in Safeway (which was taken over by Morrisons) during the time they introduced the fucking ridiculous thing of opening the doors at 9am on Sunday to allow people to browse and fill trollies, but not actually pay until 10am due to Sunday trading laws meaning we were technically open from 10am-4pm (as supermarkets over a certain size were (and still are I think) only allowed to open for 6 hours on a Sunday.)
God the fury from people who'd just popped in for a few things at 9.15 or whatever only to be told they couldn't buy them until 10am. I have to agree with them (even though there were some spectacular overreactions of course), it was asking for trouble really. We could have had a manned checkpoint at the door stopping everyone, looking deep into their eyes and explaining they could come in but not purchase anything until 10 and we'd still have had tantrums.

DrGreggles

Morrisons is my supermarket of choice - mainly for the pie shop.
Other than sausage and bacon (for their excellent breakfast rolls), I don't think the hot meats are ready until later in the morning.
Probably because most cunts don't have meat pies for breakfast.

imitationleather

Quote from: icehaven on April 16, 2018, 01:37:51 PM
I used to work in Safeway (which was taken over by Morrisons) during the time they introduced the fucking ridiculous thing of opening the doors at 9am on Sunday to allow people to browse and fill trollies, but then weren't able to pay until 10am due to Sunday trading laws meaning we were technically open from 10am-4pm (as supermarkets over a certain size were (and still are I think) only allowed to open for 6 hours on a Sunday.)
God the fury from people who'd just popped in for a few things at 9.15 or whatever only to be told they couldn't buy them until 10am. I have to agree with them (even though there were some spectacular overreactions of course), it was asking for trouble really. We could have had an manned checkpoint at the door stopping everyone, looking deep into their eyes and explaining they could come in but not purchase anything until 10 and we'd still have had tantrums.

I've always wondered: Surely this leads to absolutely insane queues when the check-outs do open, right?

Never had a look myself as going to a supermarket on a Sunday morning just ain't how I roll, so I can't pass up this opportunity to get an answer from an actual member of ex-staff.

Dr Syntax Head

I only ever went to Morrisons on a Sunday morning to get Vodka

Blinder Data

Quote from: Alberon on April 16, 2018, 01:13:19 PM

TBH I bet it was quite fun compared to other local stories, which for the most part are boring shite. Plus now the journalist's writing has been read by a massive audience. I bet he/she is delighted.

biggytitbo

Quote from: NoSleep on April 16, 2018, 01:21:32 PM
No pies, but apparently you can get pasties:

Look like a very pious couple.

biggytitbo

Sad to think those fresh, eager young pies that emerge from the Morrisons oven at 9:00am are relegated to sorry late night whoopsies by 9pm.

Captain Z

Quote from: NoSleep on April 16, 2018, 01:21:32 PM

Definitely need to form an all-star group with the hungry teenagers, 50-year-old chicken couple, Ron, and the bloke who was punching seagulls.

NoSleep

Quote from: Alberon on April 16, 2018, 01:13:19 PM

If this hadn't come up they would have been making shit up about Corbyn.

Twed

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 16, 2018, 01:06:40 PM
Imagine not being able to buy a pie before 9am and your reaction being to go running to the papers. What is the matter with these cunts?
That's not how these things end up in the papers. They probably complained somewhere reasonable public (like cunts), but I doubt they ran to The Metro and said "do I have a scoop for you!". Some paper (or The Metro directly) will have seen their complaint and realized they could make a light story that might go viral.

Buelligan

I don't think he died in the bath.  I'll tell you that for nothing.

paruses

QuoteMr Wilkes added: 'When you're faced with that situation at the counter, you start thinking: 'Is it Candid Camera? Is it April Fool's Day?'

QuoteMr CaBber added: 'When you're reading this in a newspaper, you start thinking: 'Is it Candid Camera? Is it April Fool's Day?'

Good point about it being picked up rather than reported but those two don't look like the sort to take to Twitter. Maybe the miner's welfare where they go live-tweets sales of mild and it was included in that.