Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrisons mystery

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 16, 2018, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: NoSleep on April 16, 2018, 01:21:32 PM
No pies, but apparently you can get pasties:

Biggytitbo please can you save this to your arsenal of CaB classics.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

As for the story then yes obviously I think all involved should die in a gas explosion today, duh.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMr Wilkes added: 'When you're faced with that situation at the counter, you start thinking: 'Is it Candid Camera?

Then you think "Christ I'm a redundant moribund cunt".

Sebastian Cobb

Used to regularly get chicken or lasagne pies for breakfast when I passed a bakery on the way to work.

Sometimes I'd even put a chicken pie in a bacon roll.

You can do that if you cunts stop letting greggs and supermarkets run  proper bakeries out of town.

Icehaven

Quote from: imitationleather on April 16, 2018, 01:40:35 PM
I've always wondered: Surely this leads to absolutely insane queues when the check-outs do open, right?

Never had a look myself as going to a supermarket on a Sunday morning just ain't how I roll, so I can't pass up this opportunity to get an answer from an actual member of ex-staff.

Not that I remember, but then it was about 15 years ago and they just started doing it while I was there so I guess if took/has taken off then yeah there would have been/will be. I didn't immediately realise it had been introduced and as I was on the tills I didn't start work until 10 on Sundays, so I was a bit mystified the first few times I sat down and logged on thinking the doors had just opened and a customer rocked up almost immediately with a huge trolleyload (fnar).

biggytitbo

It would have been a cracking episode of Candid Camera though wouldn't it - LOOK AT THE EXPRESSION ON THEIR FACE THEY ARE UNABLE TO PURCHASE A PIE

BlodwynPig

You all missed the corking Grade A joke in the comments
(paraphrasing)
"They should have gone to the Pi shop round my way. It's open 22/7"

NoSleep

BlodwynPig

momatt

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 16, 2018, 01:06:40 PM
Imagine not being able to buy a pie before 9am and your reaction being to go running to the papers. What is the matter with these cunts?

That's the first thing I thought.
Why would the paper print it either?

Mate. Sort it out, yeah?

Sgt. Duckie

marquis_de_sad

Morrisons have a very strict no flesh before the watershed rule.

mothman

These two have form. Serial complainers. Their housing association effectively took out a restraining order against them.

imitationleather

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on April 16, 2018, 03:15:39 PM
BREAKING NEWS
Victory for pie couple as Morrisons vows to sell meat pies from 7am

Fucksake. The last thing you do when dealing with a pair of cunts like this is give them exactly what they want. They should have said that in light of the complaint they will now only be selling meat pies from mid-day.

Blinder Data

Quote from: NoSleep on April 16, 2018, 01:51:57 PM
If this hadn't come up they would have been making shit up about Corbyn.

Can't tell if you're joking. If not, 10/10 for a totally irrelevant and unnecessary mention of JC

BlodwynPig

BREAKING NEWS

Couple who were involved in the original scandal stir up new scandal

"Morrison's refused to sell us a meat pie before 7am!!!!"

marquis_de_sad

QuoteIn what is being seen as a victory for the common man, triumph over adversity and a win against a corporate behemoth, Linda and Tony Gilkes have won.

I know he's being ironic, but still, fuck off.

mothman

So that means that all those pies they have sitting there in bags when you go there at lunchtime will have been there unrefrigerated for six hours now, not four. Really well done, that pair of cunts.

biggytitbo

All this means is the pie man will have to get up earlier and will probably be too sleepy to maintain pie quality leading to a substandard product.

I hope they're happy, you ruined the pies.

Wet Blanket

Morrisons might have made them wait for their pies but Cooplands frequently sell out of bacon and sausages by about 9.15am which is more annoying when you fancy such a sandwich for breakfast. That's the real story here. 

marquis_de_sad

I still think Morrisons were hiding something. There's a hidden agenda here.

momatt

Quote from: imitationleather on April 16, 2018, 03:16:47 PM
Fucksake. The last thing you do when dealing with a pair of cunts like this is give them exactly what they want. They should have said that in light of the complaint they will now only be selling meat pies from mid-day.

That'd be great wouldn't it.

Now everyone's pies are two hours older.  :(
Who the fuck goes shopping at <9am anyway?

Captain Z

They'll just keep 2 of yesterday's pies and shove them in the microwave.

BlodwynPig

I hope these grotesque shopping clowns die soon. They have not contributed anything to society and now have ruined a perfectly good arrangement for tens, possibly hundreds of Teeside pie eaters.

Povidone

We can only hope the lax pie standards brought about by the thoughtless actions of these wailing cretins will result in them receiving a fatal dose of dysentery.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 16, 2018, 03:54:10 PM
I hope these grotesque shopping clowns die soon. They have not contributed anything to society and now have ruined a perfectly good arrangement for tens, possibly hundreds of Teeside pie eaters.

Good thing these two don't know what a good pie is, if they tried this shit in Blackwells they'd be fucking gastrated.

BlodwynPig