Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrisons mystery

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 16, 2018, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on April 16, 2018, 03:34:33 PM
I still think Morrisons were hiding something. There's a hidden agenda here.

They weren't even hiding the pies, as sight of them is what started this.

All they'll do is sell you an old one from the day before before 9am and fresh ones will go on sale at 9am (but will be hidden before that time). Well, I hope that's what they do.

NoSleep

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 16, 2018, 03:19:54 PM
Can't tell if you're joking. If not, 10/10 for a totally irrelevant and unnecessary mention of JC

It's funny because it's true.

Povidone

Quote from: mothman on April 16, 2018, 04:00:02 PM
Look upon their works, o ye mighty, and despair... ... and then despair further...

QuoteMrs Gilkes, 51, argued it was easy for allegations to be made because they lived near some of the named witnesses.

She said afterwards: "We've got a raw deal. We're certainly not happy with it. What else can we do?"

Between that and the half baked ('scuse the pun) Morrisons 'agenda' chat they seem to have an infuriating way of saying fuck all.

momatt

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on April 16, 2018, 01:09:50 PM
"Tony, who has fish and chips three days a week and says he rarely touches pastry, believes Morrisons have a hidden agenda."
Fuck, I just realised this is actually part of the story.  I though you were taking the piss!

Quote from: Captain Z on April 16, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
Definitely need to form an all-star group with the hungry teenagers, 50-year-old chicken couple, Ron, and the bloke who was punching seagulls.
Don't forget the dismayed jobless teenager!

NoSleep

They should have their own Viz strip.

mothman

Quote from: momatt on April 16, 2018, 04:15:55 PM
Don't forget the dismayed jobless teenager!

Won't anyone think of the childr... well, fuck, she must be about 40 by now.

biggytitbo

mothman

Crikey, she has let herself go... to an exclusive clinic for gender realignment..?

Blumf

Why aren't we letting this couple negotiate Brexit for us?

Anyone else get this vibe?

biggytitbo

I can imagine she's very demanding in the bedroom, hitting him with an hairbrush, spitting, sandpaper on his balls etc.

Spoon of Ploff

I think it would be really funny if Morrisons were to sell their meat pies between 7.00am and 8.30am and then run out of the meat pies by 8.45am and when Linda and Tony Gilkes turn up at 8.50am all that Morrisons have left are the fruit pies this couple so clearly despise.

"I'm sorry Mr and Mrs Linda grandmother of four and Tony Gilkes" Morrisons would say. "We have run out of the meat pies and willn't have any more in until 11."

I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

mothman

Can we identify their local branch (it may even say so in the article, I'd have to go back and look) and make this happen?

imitationleather

It shouldn't be hard to find. How many big Morrisons can there be in Middlesbrough? Surely under twenty.

mothman

Quote from: bgmnts on April 16, 2018, 06:22:08 PM
Please do this.

We can all chip in for running costs. Repurpose the Sergeathon phone line to collect donations.

But not throw the pies away - we're not monsters. Must be a homeless shelter we could donate them to.

momatt

Quote from: mothman on April 16, 2018, 04:43:39 PM

Won't anyone think of the childr... well, fuck, she must be about 40 by now.

Jenna is still the first thing to come up if you Google 'dismayed teenager'.
I'd love to know what she'd think of all this cyber-veneration we give her.

She's only 26 years old now!

Spoon of Ploff

The great Middlesbrough CAB meet (meat pie) meet 2018. Who ate all the pies? We did!!

mothman

Pranet

Are we sure this whole thing wasn't a set up by Morrisons in order to publicise their new earlier pie availability?

Sebastian Cobb

They've got ovens in store you daft apeths if they run out they make more. 'sake.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 16, 2018, 07:33:11 PM
They've got ovens in store you daft apeths if they run out they make more. 'sake.

Grandmother of four Linda Gilkes won't wait 10 minutes for the clock to hit 9 she sure as hell won't wait 35 minutes in a preheated oven at gas mark 7

Sebastian Cobb

They're industrial three-phase and probably half cooked like the shite in greggs. Won't take that long.

Povidone

Up here Morrisons proudly state that they use Bell's pies which, as anyone who has eaten one will attest, is hardly a sign of quality to be advertised.

Vodka Margarine

[tag]pies this isn't your time[/tag]

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Povidone on April 16, 2018, 07:42:42 PM
Up here Morrisons proudly state that they use Bell's pies which, as anyone who has eaten one will attest, is hardly a sign of quality to be advertised.

Aye, used to get served them as a half time snack on the regs back when I played arrows.

Still better than meat paste sandwiches or tinned hotdogs.

Povidone

Dunno, at least with meat paste and hotdogs you can copmartmentalise and not really think too much about the filth you're eating. Not so easy to do the same when you stick a fork into a Bell's pie and pull out a single bit of grey mystery meat with unidentified tubules hanging off it.

Sebastian Cobb

Who eats a bells pie with a fork?

Povidone

I was at home, alright. Felt like being civilised. Serves me fucking right.