Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrisons mystery

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 16, 2018, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

NoSleep

Quote from: Povidone on April 16, 2018, 08:31:56 PM
I was at home, alright. Felt like being civilised. Serves me fucking right.

Their whisky's shite as well.

idunnosomename

Ian MacMillan and Wendy Richards have let themselves go

ollyboro

Quote from: mothman on April 16, 2018, 06:19:14 PM
Can we identify their local branch (it may even say so in the article, I'd have to go back and look) and make this happen?
It's about 3 miles from my house. It has easy access to a cemetery and commands spectacular views of the Pallister Park estate. The indigenous children start penny for the guying/demanding money with menaces in late July. The Staffies wear stab proof vests.

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 16, 2018, 01:21:00 PM
Surely a meat pie is too stodgy for breakfast even for the fattest of cunts?

More coverage is available via the local paper. It wasn't just one meat pie they were after at 8.45am

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/fury-after-morrisons-wouldnt-sell-14533827

Quote"I wanted eight large sausage rolls and two steak bakes," said Linda, 62, from Thorntree

NoSleep

Due to the story going viral yesterday, "Tony & Linda" are now complaining about (and recording) Facebook.

QuoteTony and Linda promised to expose "idiot" Facebook commentators.

"They hadn't read the story. They didn't understand. We weren't eating them at that time," said Tony.

"I have got all these comments and I am going to compile them into a book. Let people see how stupid people on Facebook really are."

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/morrisons-announce-u-turn-row-14537620

Povidone

One for the bleak thread this:

Quote"It was all worth it in the end," said Tony, welcoming the back track. "It's the right thing to stand up for what you believe in."

Good to see great british peepul standing up for the things that matter, like funneling pies into their mardy gobs at 7 in the morning.

Povidone

Heartened by Morrisons 'spokesperson' quite obviously ripping the piss:

QuoteAfter being reminded that we have some customers who really love pies at breakfast time

Has anyone left any abusive Facebook comments then? Would love to be immortalised in his book.

steve98

In what way have Morrisons "... done a U turn"?
That Gazette newspapers says they've done a U turn; as if Morrisons had rigid pie-times schedules, set in stone, that  they selfishly refused to amend or reconsider.

Also - why do shit, local papers love puns so much? That pie-times story has at least 2 pie puns per sentence; it's unbeliavably tedious to read. One wonders who they thing it appeals to(?)

biggytitbo

He has plenty more ammunition for his book with the comments on the gazette story.

steve98

I don't see his Fb page but here's another guy with the same name: Tony Giles. This one seems to be a champion boxer. You can leave comments about pies (or other stuff) with this guy. Might be fun.
I've kicked off with a meat n  tattie starter comment.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004259265942

(Tony on left)

momatt

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 16, 2018, 08:42:13 PM

This is simply beautiful.
Needs to go on the main page I reckon.  Should ward off outsiders.

ASFTSN

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 16, 2018, 08:42:13 PM

This is bloody good stuff, but can we get the two blokes who were banned from the all-you-can-eat buffet in there too?

biggytitbo

ollyboro

Quote from: Povidone on April 17, 2018, 08:14:26 AM
Heartened by Morrisons 'spokesperson' quite obviously ripping the piss:

Has anyone left any abusive Facebook comments then? Would love to be immortalised in his book.
I did leave a comment in the Gazette's comment section (best place to leave a comment). After garnering a staggering 6 thumbs up it was pulled. Apparently light hearted comments about the state of his wife's pie are considered offensive.

The Lurker

Quote from: ASFTSN on April 17, 2018, 10:39:12 AM
This is bloody good stuff, but can we get the two blokes who were banned from the all-you-can-eat buffet in there too?

idunnosomename

Quote from: ASFTSN on April 17, 2018, 10:39:12 AM

Damn. At 6am in the morning reading this thread on my phone I thought of these lads but forgot to come to this thread when I turned my computer on to post them.

Lest we forget.

We shall remember them.

idunnosomename

whoops. all you can post

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

That was the same excue as Paul Ross wasnt it? When he claimed meow meow made him go to motorway service stations at 3am and suck off lorry drivers?

Paul Calf

H-O-W-L

i work retail and i can safely say that there's probably some fucking byzantine roncock system that says that if you sell any fresh goods of X line before 9:00am, the entire routines pad explodes into the fucking stratosphere, jettisoning valuable stock data as it pirouettes through the azimuth and cartwheels toward the fucking sun, forever ruining the entire day and any departments surrounding it. retail software is carved in stone by an old man in a cave once every bi-century.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: steve98 on April 17, 2018, 08:38:17 AM
I don't see his Fb page but here's another guy with the same name: Tony Giles. This one seems to be a champion boxer. You can leave comments about pies (or other stuff) with this guy. Might be fun.

(Tony on left)

I think the names is Gilkes

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: steve98 on April 17, 2018, 08:38:17 AM

(Tony on left)

Why would you do that?

biggytitbo

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 17, 2018, 11:27:47 AM
Should we add this character to the list?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/17/man-believes-painkillers-turned-gay-7473074

QuoteDr Lawrence Wilson, who claims to have a medical degree from the Centro De Estudios Universitarios Xochicalco, now located in Ensenada...

Claims?