Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fun House

Started by Twed, April 16, 2018, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Statistically one of you must have been on Fun House or knew somebody who was. Tell us all about it.

Specific things I'd like to know:

• Was Pat Sharp nice? He has the look of somebody who Yewtree might be interested in, but not the pedigree. I think he must be a good one, Pat Sharp. Tell me that.
  • Was The Fun Kart Grand Prix as good as it looked or were there gaping holes in the set that the cameras just didn't point at? Were the staggered starting positions as unfair as they looked?

Sebastian Cobb

Some folk from my middle school were on it but it was before I was there. There was a photo that got pride of place in the library though.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I always wanted to go on Finders Keepers with the sole aim of landing a huge compo claim. No interest in finding clues. Just pull one of them big plastic wardrobes down on top of yourself and it's pizza in the Bahamas for life.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on April 16, 2018, 02:46:54 PM
I always wanted to go on Finders Keepers with the sole aim of landing a huge compo claim. No interest in finding clues. Just pull one of them big plastic wardrobes down on top of yourself and it's pizza in the Bahamas for life.

When Declan Swan is your muse.

Twed

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on April 16, 2018, 02:46:54 PM
I'm glad you mentioned Finders Keepers because I feel it goes hand in hand with Fun House. Didn't anticipate the direction you took it in though.

Thinking about the weird Australian Finders Keepers sci-fi drama too now. This is the main thing I think about, generally.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on April 16, 2018, 02:46:54 PMI always wanted to go on Finders Keepers with the sole aim of landing a huge compo claim. No interest in finding clues. Just pull one of them big plastic wardrobes down on top of yourself and it's pizza in the Bahamas for life.

A pair in our school went on Finders Keepers, and another two applied to be on Fun House but were unsuccessful. One of our PE teachers (not the young, pretty one all the boys fancied but the tomboy lesbian one) applied for Gladiators but didn't even make it past the first stage. That probably explains why I'm so unfit.

poo

Quote from: Twed on April 16, 2018, 01:58:47 PM
  • Was Pat Sharp nice? He has the look of somebody who Yewtree might be interested in, but not the pedigree. I think he must be a good one, Pat Sharp. Tell me that.

Yeah, fine.

poo

• Was The Fun Kart Grand Prix as good as it looked or were there gaping holes in the set that the cameras just didn't point at? Were the staggered starting positions as unfair as they looked?

Yeah, was good.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

A kid who bullied me at school (until I punched him in the head) turned up on an episode. He fell over while trying to go through the big car wash rollers. I laughed.

Depressed Beyond Tables

It would make great television. Imagine the rehearsed howls. In modern day parlance it would be a called a 'disruption'.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fuck Fun House. It's all about Knightmare for me.

EOLAN

Ooh Knightmare. So was anyone here on that?

Loved it as a kid. Thinking back having not rewatched as an adult it appears extremely crap but re-reading Wikipedia it's gone back to being decent again in my mind.

Replies From View

Pat Sharp lost his mojo when his mullet was redistributed about his person.

SteveDave

"Where am I?"
"You're in a room"

Treguard must've been driven mad by hearing that x times a day.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

"Sidestep to your left"
"No, to your left"
Treguard - Ooooh nasty!
"Arsehole"

I used to be insanely jealous of kids my own age taking part in TV games(especially Fun House). I wanted to enter but my parents said no,  so I used to watch in the hope that one of them would fall off the set, crash a Fun Kart into a camera operator or wishing a lighting rig would plummet from the studio ceiling just as the tokens were being added up.

AsparagusTrevor

A few years The TV channel Challenge used to show two episodes of Fun House followed by two episodes of Knightmare every Saturday morning, it was glorious.

Rolf Lundgren

The massive flaw with Fun House was that most of the show wasn't spent in the Fun House. You had twenty minutes of boring, gunge throwing exercises before the mildly thrilling go kart and then a couple of minutes of actually being in the great, big bastard Fun House. That's why Finders Keepers came along and blew them out of the water.

I liked the sound effect the cock used to make when they found the special prize. Sorry, I mean Pat Sharp.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on April 16, 2018, 07:55:46 PM
The massive flaw with Fun House was that most of the show wasn't spent in the Fun House. You had twenty minutes of boring, gunge throwing exercises before the mildly thrilling go kart and then a couple of minutes of actually being in the great, big bastard Fun House.

Man knows.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I suppose the benefit of Fun House was that the twins on it made my 10 year old willy go half warm. Treguard never did that.

dex

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 16, 2018, 08:42:03 PM
I suppose the benefit of Fun House was that the twins on it made my 10 year old willy go half warm. Treguard never did that.

If you have unfinished business with them, they are available for weddings, bah mitzvas etc: http://www.funhousetwins.co.uk/

idunnosomename

FUN HOUSE FACTS

• It's a quiz
  • It's a race
  • A real wacky place

buttgammon

Finders Keepers was better than Fun House, and Neil Buchanan is better than Pat Sharp.

I never appeared on Fun House but I did see Pat Sharp on a train once, so that's good as appearing on the programme.

Twed

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 16, 2018, 09:01:39 PM
FUN HOUSE FACTS

• It's a quiz
  • It's a race
  • A real wacky place
I misunderstood the sense of "be the one to chase" for the longest time. I took it more in a "be the change you want to see in the world" kind of way.

Sebastian Cobb

I misunderstood it as well and that's why I'm addicted to heroin.

hedgehog90

Get Your own Back is to Funhouse what Penthouse is to Playboy.

Funhouse is to Finders Keepers what Beethoven is to Wagner.

Finders Keepers is to Get Your own Back what Father Ted is to the Young Ones.

Crabwalk

Pat Sharp helped me to get my first job. Nice guy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: EOLAN on April 16, 2018, 03:37:20 PM
Ooh Knightmare. So was anyone here on that?

Loved it as a kid. Thinking back having not rewatched as an adult it appears extremely crap but re-reading Wikipedia it's gone back to being decent again in my mind.

I was on the episode that was cancelled because a kid had an epileptic fit and died.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Whole lot of fun

Fuck you in the ass

BlodwynPig