Author Topic: FM Touch 18  (Read 288 times)

FM Touch 18
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »
Bit late in the season like but this came out on Switch the other day. It's a marginally scaled down version of the full fat lad on PC and it's exactly the same as the iPad version. Runs rapid, I've not touched one since the Amiga days and it's got its talons around my scrote. Pretty bad game if you were ever into the original. I remember going to bed one night at my mate's and he was playing when I woke up, then we had a kick about and a Chinese and then he did the same the next night. The guy looked CUNTED the next morning but Giggs scored a hundred goals in one season and he won the European Cup. Went home, my fuckin dad playing the same game in my room, all day, all night. Clicking like fuck. Went to work at six, I'm there basically dead for school. Cited in multiple divorce cases. It's an all time time sink, purposeless crunching. Is it the most addictive game ever?

Re: FM Touch 18
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:00:12 PM »
Can't play this sorry, I have a life to lead.

Last one I played was FM 10 I think. Put so many hours into managing Burnley that I essentially broke the game and was effortlessly winning every competition without even paying attention to it, as we were so much better off financially than every other team. I only stopped when I spilled tea over my laptop, breaking it and losing my save file forever. It was a blessing in disguise though, and I'd never put that many hours into it again.

Sorely tempted by this as it would be great to play it on the big TV but I just can't do it.

Z

• The movie, not the TV series, or the book
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »
I remember the PSP versions of this being terrible.

Has the franchise been quietly dying the past decade or so? Or is there an endless stream of 16 year boys with a ton of free time zoning in on it?

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »

Can't play any form of FM anymore - it consumes me.  Got into it on the original 93 version when it came out.  Then basically lost 20 years of my life to the various forms of the game. 

BlodwynPig

• R.I.P. The Waxwork René
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 11:08:58 PM »
Had a go once, 2 seasons, got Cowdenbeath up one division and into Europe. There was an option to play as another manager and you’d set that team to 11 attackers including goalie and win 27-0 each game. Then laptop ran out of space

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »
Managed to win the league with Aberystwyth on my first ever go.

Never did better than that so fucked it off.

AllisonSays

• disappointed bridge
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 06:51:10 AM »
Might be up for this because the PC version has lost the plot for me. To some extent, I think it's just mirroring the way in which top flight football has changed because of media saturation and money, but it's just constant, boring shit - press conferences, three team talks per game, angry players, sad players, hungry players. Like Tamigotchi footballers.

As nearly everyone has said above, it's also true for me that I have a job and life bow that I'm fairly committed to and do can't wile away the hours on this as enthusiastically.

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:31:45 PM »
Has the franchise been quietly dying the past decade or so? Or is there an endless stream of 16 year boys with a ton of free time zoning in on it?

NO LESS OF THAT THANK YOU

Managed to end the addiction for FM14 then the missus was working nights around the time of FM15 so I thought what's the harm. Somehow I keep a job whilst doing this.

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 07:33:20 PM »
Aside from that its my ultimate put on at any time game as it can just run in the background for hours waiting for me to click. Its such a part of my life I play it completely on autopilot, completed it multiple times but its still heroin to me.