Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:53:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lady gets seven-and-half-years for abuse of boyfriend

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, April 16, 2018, 04:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 17, 2018, 03:22:02 PM
Both my ex wives are incredible people, they both deserve better than me in a husband (my recent split has bought on a massive mission of self improvement, which is good) but I guess this is why I believe anybody is capable of having their buttons pushed to the extreme and the old fight or flight kicks in.

But then my experience is very very different to malicious abuse. I feel lucky enough to intellectualise my experience enough to understand it and the motives behind the behaviour. It's all learning for me for the future I guess.

Anyway enough from me.

Remember when you wrote this

QuoteI did some not good things so felt I probably deserved it, or I excused my wives behaviour as a response to me not being a model husband

Don't make excuses, don't think 'it's not like it was malicious abuse, that's much worse'
- yes and also extremely rare. It's usually heat of the moment stuff.

Nobody has the right to be physically abusive, full stop. No, not if they deserve better than you. It assault, it's a crime and ideally you would report it and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks for sharing, I hope it helped.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 17, 2018, 03:22:02 PM(my recent split has bought on a massive mission of self improvement, which is good)

Good for you !

But a little word of warning. I had one of those a few years ago. Was going great guns until i met another woman when i wasnt even looking - for the first time in my life i was doing the 'happily single' thing which i had always thought impossible for me - and she actively STOPPED me from doing it e.g. 'oh dont you think that diet might be dangerous ?' and stopping me from doing my daily walk on spurious grounds. Doubt it was a deliberate attempt to make me unfit for anyone else, more like general over-clinginess, but it put me back years. So beware .... if you meet anyone else make sure they will support you in your self-improvement mission and not re-enable bad behaviours.

Dr Syntax Head

I intend for Mrs Syntax mk3 to be a marriage guidance counsellor. Or a life coach.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 17, 2018, 03:31:10 PMideally you would report it and let the chips fall where they may.

Yeaaaahhhhhh that doesnt always work out for the best does it now ?

Buelligan

One person's kick in the balls is another's stolen torch, we all know that.

Z

I feel like damn near any high school relationship that drags on too long has a risk of drifting into something utterly fucking nuts like this.

From what I read, the guy was a bit simple or something? or were they saying she caused the brain fluid thing?
It's pretty possible he was consistently a model boyfriend and she, completely unable to grasp the idea of ending it, being alone, etc; was trying to drive him away by being a spectacular cunt, I've seen some pretty fucking terrible relationships carry on because neither party is willing to end it. As time passed it got worse and worse and worse, rather than dealing with living with strangers for college she had him move with her and became quite dependent on him, whilst hating him. All the while he's like "I guess this is what a relationship is like?"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Z on April 17, 2018, 11:10:42 PM
All the while he's like "I guess this is what a relationship is like?"

Of my friends that have ended up with valves they are all like this; generally speaking they make the same mistakes again and again because they keep thinking that.

Blue Jam

If a valve likes abusing both men and women, does that make them a bivalve?

massive bereavement

If anybody needs a few more pics of this young lady for warped wank fantasy material, the BBC have picked up on this story..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-43799850

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteWorth broke all his mobile phones so he could not contact friends or family.

He said on one occasion she told him her mother had received a message to say his grandfather had died.

"Half-way through me crying she said 'Do you want to go downstairs and talk to my Mum about this?' So you think, it is real," Mr Skeel said.

But after watching him sob for two hours Worth then revealed the death had not happened before berating him for caring about his family.

madhair60

Fooled ya, Flanders! Made ya think your family was dead.

Dr Rock

Cuellar

Fambo Number Mive

So when Jordan Worth is released from prison, what happens if she changes her name and starts up another relationship? Do the police keep an eye on her?

Cuellar

Optimistic I know, but I hope she gets intensive psychiatric treatment.

marquis_de_sad

Bit weird that the BBC have published his name and photos.

Replies From View

Isnt Anything

Amazing, just when you think it couldnt get any worse it does. This isnt just someone losing their temper or being triggered this is cold malicious shit.

The good news is that if its true that our personalities dont really get set until youre 25 then there is still some hope for her rehabilitation.

Some interesting links off of that article too, halfway down.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

My ex once told me her estranged Dad had died but later said he'd made it up.

It was one of those things at the time I had no idea whether was true or not and I had to believe her, and I did believe her but it was one of several claims and established realities that didn't sit with me as being honest.

Can't really get over how fucked in the head she actually was, and even my current girlfriend would be off the chart anxious and depressed if it wasn't for brain drugs. I get depressed thinking about how these women end up this way before their lives have even started.

Point is eventually I was made to feel the selfish one despite dealing with things like these all the time and going out of my way to make things better. Counted for absolutely nothing ultimately.

Seems like they get well shagged out of it though, hey.

garbed_attic

I'm very glad this came to light and she wasn't able to become a teacher. I also agree with Buellers that most people who are controlling or even sadistic do so out of a place of fear - which doesn't necessarily inspire sympathy, but pity, perhaps.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 18, 2018, 02:05:15 PM
My ex once told me her estranged Dad had died but later said he'd made it up.

I told my kids I was dead but they saw right through that gambit

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 18, 2018, 04:28:26 PM
I told my kids I was dead but they saw right through that gambit

I told mine I was invisible, and they didn't see through me.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 16, 2018, 04:43:49 PMI've put a Daily Mail link, as that's got more detail on the case.

Interesting that the Mail has loads of detail about this case and the article has loads of comments about the abuser's gender, yet under the article about former US Navy pilot Tammie Jo Shults safely landing a passenger jet after an explosion on board the top rated comment is about how the pilot's gender is irrelevant:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5627597/Pictured-Hero-pilot-safely-landed-Southwest-flight.html

It seems gender is only relevant when a woman has done something bad, or a man has done something good.

Fambo Number Mive

How representative are the Daily Mail and its online readers of the wider world though?

Blue Jam

Quote from: gout_pony on April 18, 2018, 04:09:31 PM
I'm very glad this came to light and she wasn't able to become a teacher.

Is anyone else not surprised that the teaching profession attracted someone like this? Teacher In Sadistic Tendencies Shocker... I bet she wanted to teach PE...

Quote from: Z on April 17, 2018, 11:10:42 PM
I've seen some pretty fucking terrible relationships carry on because neither party is willing to end it. As time passed it got worse and worse and worse, rather than dealing with living with strangers for college she had him move with her and became quite dependent on him, whilst hating him. All the while he's like "I guess this is what a relationship is like?"

Codependency, perhaps?

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2018, 11:12:56 PM
Of my friends that have ended up with valves they are all like this; generally speaking they make the same mistakes again and again because they keep thinking that.

Of my friends who have serially dated/shagged valves or stayed in bad relationships with valves, a lot of them seem to have a borderline phobia of being single. Especially the women among them, perhaps because they've bought into this sexist idea that all men are total horndogs therefore women find it easy to get boyfriends and any single woman must be a pathetic and pitiable creature and a crazy cat lady-in-waiting.

A now ex-friend of mine was always trying to set me up on blind dates, take me to dance classes, speed dating etc. At the time I was actually very happy being single- my single status seemed to bother her far more than it bothered me. Looking back I can see it may have been projection- she was ashamed of her own single status and keen to get into a relationship and probably assumed I felt the same way. She had a lot of bad dating experiences around this time, and she had a history of bad relationships... and didn't seem to have learned from them, and didn't seem to realise that I didn't want to make the same mistakes as her...

I think a lot of people also stay in bad long-term relationships because they've grown too comfortable and the prospect of returning to the dating scene after years away from it is too daunting to consider. Two friends of mine said things along these lines when their respective  relationships of 10+ years ended... and both found actually someone else pretty quickly. I appreciate that a return to dating can be scary but the idea of someone being too out-of-practice to date is baws.

Fear of loneliness is another one- I know three men who left long-term relationships and then married on the rebound, and all of them were around 30 years old when they did. Maybe they just suddenly felt a need to tick off the "marriage" box on the Things To Do Before You Turn 30 list, maybe their sudden return to singledom spurred them to make a reckless and impulsive proposal to a relative stranger, I don't know. I also don't know if their three respective wives are valves or not, but they probably didn't know either when they married them...

Serial marriers are another weird one...

Blue Jam

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 19, 2018, 01:12:00 PM
How representative are the Daily Mail and its online readers of the wider world though?

Isn't Mail Online the most widely-read newspaper site in the world?

It's also far from the only place where people like to claim AWALT (All Women Are Like That) after a woman has done something bad, but #NotAllMen when a man does something bad.

idunnosomename

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on April 18, 2018, 11:14:56 AM
Bit weird that the BBC have published his name and photos.

Hasn't he voluntarily gone to the press with his story?