Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

another vague comedy memory- this time on shiny shiny disc

Started by sillymisslily, April 16, 2018, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillymisslily

a cd of parodies of being on hold- bad hold music and a gobby receptionist
used to find it hilarious but was either too young to know better or high or both

also who was it who said shiny shiny disc

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: sillymisslily on April 16, 2018, 09:53:21 PM

also who was it who said shiny shiny disc

That would be young master Charlton Brooker squire. :)

sillymisslily

sillymisslily

Steven

Dunno where else to shove this but:

I recall a stand-up act when I was a kid, in my memory it was Bill Hicks but having seen everything Bill Hicks has done in the intervening years I've never seen him do this bit. But it was a general "What do atheists shout in bed?" type of joke.. at which point the comic starts orgasming and going "Oh! Darwin! Oh, the evolution of man from the common primate!" type spiel. Any ideas?

BeardFaceMan

Yeah thats Hicks, where hes shouting "Chemical chance! Chemical chance!". Not sure offhand what set its from though.

ETA actually that might be from a different routine about childbirth being a miracle.

Steven

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 25, 2018, 04:34:00 PM
Yeah thats Hicks, where hes shouting "Chemical chance! Chemical chance!". Not sure offhand what set its from though.

Hmm, yeah, that's who it seemed to be in my head but I've watched oodles of Hicks and neve seen that bit again. Makes me wonder what in fact I saw as a kid to have seen it.. I only remember his Ch4 specials being screened and it's not on any of those?

Famous Mortimer

It might be on "Dangerous", which I had on cassette and played to death (as I did with all his stuff). It's definitely him, though, as I remember him doing it.

BeardFaceMan

Steven

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 25, 2018, 04:59:30 PM
From Relentless - https://youtu.be/rElaKmgkyLM?t=2040

Fucking hell, cheers. Though no mention of Darwin. Hmm? Dunno what's going on there, mind playing tricks.