Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Rerelease

Started by asids, April 17, 2018, 10:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

No, it was just English. Bafflingly mangled English.

I always wondered what kind of accent the hamburger guy had in the Japanese version, if it was Jamaican-inflected Japanese.

NoSleep

I wonder if there's a Japanese "Let's Play" on YouTube?

popcorn

Quote from: NoSleep on April 19, 2018, 08:00:28 PM
Tom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt9hlnYPGh8&feature=youtu.be&t=247

He definitely speaks with a westerner-ish Japanese accent, and uses dodgy Japanese, but I'm too shit at Japanese to tell if it's a Japanese actor trying to sound foreigner-ish.

St_Eddie

Objectively; this is great news, as a new generation will be able to enjoy simulating a nine 'til five job, after clocking off from their nine 'til five job.

Subjectively; this is terrible news, as my original boxed Dreamcast versions will devalue in price.

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 17, 2018, 06:57:11 PM
What's the gameplay though, exploration, puzzles, crime solving? Im not interesting in walking around talking to random people about their washing or lost dogs.

Shenmue is better than that.  You walk around talking to random people, inquiring as to where you can find a bum boy sailor.  It's a life simulator, in that regard.

Quote from: NoSleep on April 19, 2018, 10:18:32 AM
Some of the English voices in Shenmue I were laughably bad.

I rate the voice acting in Shenmue right up there with Resident Evil, in terms of legendary status.  It's so bad, it's good.

Like Resident Evil, it's full to the brim with peados in speedos too.  Which is always a plus, naturally.

wasp_f15ting

I can't wait.. this is a very old dream come true