Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

All The Brilliant People Turning 50 This Year

Started by Dr Rock, April 17, 2018, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

There's me for a start. Then there's Stewart Lee and Richard Herring, Kylie Minogue, Bill Burr, er... Parker Posey. And Shaggy. All about to enter that age as 50 year old pervert Louis CK said, means if you die people aren't that surprised.

Are you turning 50 this year? Perhaps you have an amusing story about somebody turning 50, or once sucked off a man even though you reckon you're straight -  discuss all things 'turning 50/sucked off a man though I present as straight' here!

shiftwork2

50 is basically hip replacements and grey hair, and suffocating unfulfilled death.

shiftwork2

shiftwork2

Still, loads of reasons to remain optimistic.

Dr Rock

It certainly feels proper old. There's no '50 is the new 40' bullshit, you're going to get serious medical issues this decade. On the other hand my hair seems like it will last another ten years, that's a proper comfort.

biggytitbo

Eric Banana, Damion Albarn, Tom York, Tony Hawks, Brenda Fraser, Ceiling Dion, so many happy birthday.

Bobtoo

I am, if I make it to October.

Herring was 50 last year, he might even be 51 by now.

Chairman Bodog

Doc Rotten is a grand fiddy? I thought you were some mallowy nymphean rack and rib, not some cup a soup musk oxen one card short of a snap.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Norton Canes

I must say all this is making me feel less bad about turning 33 soon.

rue the polywhirl

If speeches can be people you got Rivers Of Blood turning 50 in just a couple of days. I see the 50th anniversary party a bundle of laughs foaming with much bubbly.

Keebleman

I'll be 50 this year but I'm not brilliant, so I only half-qualify for this thread.

I'm not thrilled at the prospect but then I wasn't thrilled three decades back when I hit the big 2-Oh.  After a while you just get used to the numbers clicking round.

Psmith

I was 50,twenty years ago.
Just realizing that makes me want to have a bit of a sit down and perhaps a nap.

I've never been brilliant just a watt or two above dim.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 17, 2018, 09:47:53 PM
It certainly feels proper old. There's no '50 is the new 40' bullshit, you're going to get serious medical issues this decade. On the other hand my hair seems like it will last another ten years, that's a proper comfort.

Some have had serious medical issues since birth and are just fine. As long as its not angina, you're fine.

BlodwynPig

Cerys

I was reading this thread and suddenly thought 'I'll never be fifty'.  Odd moment.  Mind you, when I was twenty-six I spent a year convinced I wouldn't see twenty-seven, so can probably be safely ignored.

I just missed out on being one of them, as I'm fifty next February.

seepage

you're going to get serious medical issues this decade.

half of them a result of your celebrations on the big day. So take it easy - maybe a custard tart with a candle in [optional] & a small glass of your bestest, favouritest grog (only one, mind)

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 18, 2018, 01:49:58 AM
You're 50 and use a forum!? Grandad.

Pssst...

Quote from: Psmith on April 18, 2018, 12:45:06 AM
I was 50,twenty years ago.
Just realizing that makes me want to have a bit of a sit down and perhaps a nap.

I've never been brilliant just a watt or two above dim.

But don't worry, at his age he probably didn't hear you anyway.

madhair60

I turned 31 this year eat a dick you old cunts

Blue Jam

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 17, 2018, 10:12:35 PM
Daniel Craig too.

Still got it tho:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43836072

Seriously, they always seemed like a really sweet couple to me, so this is nice news.

Brundle-Fly

It certainly feels proper old. There's no '50 is the new 40' bullshit, you're going to get serious medical issues this decade.

You little ray of sunshine, Doc.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: icehaven on April 18, 2018, 06:35:13 PM
Pssst...

But don't worry, at his age he probably didn't hear you anyway.

I assumed that was a joke. Yer  man psmith isn't actually 70 years old, is he? That would be madness.