Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:57:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What you reckon to this one then

Started by madhair60, April 18, 2018, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ieXush2i

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 18, 2018, 08:29:13 AM
There's another one, 2 so far just in this thread.

Hee. I like your facile new method of dadding things up.

There's no such thing as Shit For Cunts anymore then?

Funcrusher

The other thing with people who like these kinds of films is that they may be from the lower classes and so best avoided because they tend to be rather ghastly.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 18, 2018, 08:35:29 AM
The other thing with people who like these kinds of films is that they may be from the lower classes and so best avoided because they tend to be rather ghastly.
What

ieXush2i

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 18, 2018, 08:35:29 AM

Yes, all those things she mentioned are primarily enjoyed by the working classes, yeah, that's the ticket!

I know none of the men in this thread would judge a woman whose favourite films are the Sex and The City ones, and cite Twilight as their favourite book. It's why we're all happily married right now.

madhair60

Quote from: (Ex poster) on April 18, 2018, 08:32:46 AM
That we're all willing to judge people for their entertainment tastes except we suddenly throw that out if it's used to indicate and highlight unpleasant attitudes that men are capable of.

Men are very much capable of unpleasant attitudes. That isn't in question. Men idolising cunts like Tony Soprano is very much a thing that happens. The blog remains facile.

QuoteAnd that the image in the OP is clearly referring to the movie or tv series, not the novels

It does say "book" first, and you did then cite "Atlas Shrugged" as another example. But that's not particularly important.

QuoteIt's why we're all happily married right now.

Cunt.

tenmen

Quote from: madhair60 on April 18, 2018, 08:43:08 AM
Men are very much capable of unpleasant attitudes. That isn't in question. Men idolising cunts like Tony Soprano is very much a thing that happens. The blog remains facile.

What about the women who want to have sex with him?

ieXush2i

Quote from: madhair60 on April 18, 2018, 08:43:08 AM

It does say "book" first, and you did then cite "Atlas Shrugged" as another example. But that's not particularly important.

Cunt.

You didn't answer my question about My Little Pony. I'll even make it gender-neutral.

monolith

I liked The Sopranos because Tony was a misogynistic psychopath and I admired him.

The boring plot stuff I could really do without although I did enjoy when the girl who snitched was murdered.

Funcrusher

Quote from: (Ex poster) on April 18, 2018, 08:40:32 AM
Yes, all those things she mentioned are primarily enjoyed by the working classes, yeah, that's the ticket!

I know none of the men in this thread would judge a woman whose favourite films are the Sex and The City ones, and cite Twilight as their favourite book. It's why we're all happily married right now.

So we can agree that the best thing is not to judge people based on their favourite book/film, irrespective of their gender.

Funcrusher

Quote from: (Ex poster) on April 18, 2018, 08:45:56 AM
You didn't answer my question about My Little Pony.

We're waiting for you to tell us the correct answer.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: monolith on April 18, 2018, 08:46:21 AM
I liked The Sopranos because Tony was a misogynistic psychopath and I admired him.

The boring plot stuff I could really do without although I did enjoy when the girl who snitched was murdered.
I love Walter White but his wife was such a bitch!

ieXush2i

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 18, 2018, 08:47:28 AM
We're waiting for you to tell us the correct answer.

We? Don't appeal to the crowd when you're asking people for life advice, it's transparent.

Funcrusher

Quote from: (Ex poster) on April 18, 2018, 08:50:26 AM
We? Don't appeal to the crowd when you're asking people for life advice, it's transparent.

I've no plans to ask you for life advice.

Neville Chamberlain

Call me "Mr Mad", but I think the best thing would be to actually ask the people who claim that the things listed in the exchange posted in the OP why those things are their favourite things, rather than making crass presumptions and RUNNING.

Speaking about A Clockwork Orange (because that's the only thing in that list I'm familiar with), there are about a million reasons why that could legitimately be someone's favourite novel/film and none of them would necessarily be "because I admire the way the droogs kick the shit out of people. To Beethoven."

And Breaking Bad?!? I mean, I've not seen it myself, but isn't it meant to be among the best TV series out there and therefore a perfectly legitimate candidate for someone's favourite piece of telly?!?

Fambo Number Mive

biggytitbo

I went around dressing like Idi Amin for a few weeks after seeing the Last King of Scotland. A very misunderstood man imho.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on April 18, 2018, 08:52:35 AM
Call me "Mr Mad", but I think the best thing would be to actually ask the people who claim that the things listed in the exchange posted in the OP why those things are their favourite things, rather than making crass presumptions and RUNNING.

Speaking about A Clockwork Orange (because that's the only thing I'm familiar with), there are about a million reasons why that could legitimately be someone's favourite novel/film and none of them would necessarily be "because I admire the way the droogs kick the shit out of people. To Beethoven."

And Breaking Bad?!? I mean, I've not seen it myself, but isn't it meant to be among the best TV series out there and therefore a perfectly legitimate candidate for someone's favourite piece of telly?!?
its basic level feminist critique

Funcrusher

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on April 18, 2018, 08:52:35 AM

Not if they're a man, because you always have to scrutinise them for evidence of toxic masculinity, if you're a try hard teenage Tumblr poster or (Ex poster).

ieXush2i

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 18, 2018, 08:51:58 AM
I've no plans to ask you for life advice.

You're always asking me for advice, my student! It's a shame you never learn.

Guys, obviously nobody in this thread has ever made snap judgements or raised a red flag when learning of another person's tastes so there's definitely no hypocrisy in getting annoyed by the OP image. Gosh, we're all such reasonable men.

Funcrusher

(Ex poster) has  won the thread and is the bestest (again!) because he says so.

Neville Chamberlain

I just feel the person's choice of films / TV series in the OP image is a bit odd when she acknowledges that they're "arguably good things" but would still RUN if a man claimed they were his favourite thing. As I said above, while not all to my taste, they all seem perfectly legitimate candidates for being a person's favourite TV series / film / book.

I also think its staggeringly simplistic to presume, as the person in the OP image is clearly doing, that if a TV series / film / book is your "favourite" thing, this is simply because you identify with or even admire the main character(s) in some way. For me, that criterion is actually pretty low down the list of things that make me enjoy TV series / films / books.

Funcrusher

Quote from: (Ex poster) on April 18, 2018, 09:03:17 AM
Teacher's pet

You're certainly an instructive example, just not in the way that you think.

Blumf

What about if they say their favourite book is the Koran? Eh? Aaaaaaaaah.

Cuellar

Seems reasonable.

Very much looking forward to the usual suspects biting on this. We've already had a good reaction from tenmen, who else can we snare?

ieXush2i

It's interesting how we all know CaB doesn't literally want to kill Quentin "End The Man" Letts but this person definitely meant you should actually physically run.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Cuellar on April 18, 2018, 09:09:07 AM
We've already had a good reaction from tenmen, who else can we snare?

Poor Graham, he cuts a sad figure these days.

Anyway, why is Madhair following this teenage girl on Tumblr, the massive paedo.

ieXush2i

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 18, 2018, 09:05:44 AM
You're certainly an instructive example, just not in the way that you think.

Whatever gets you laid tonight