Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:52:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

You know when your life is completely fucked?

Started by Flouncer, April 18, 2018, 08:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desirable Industrial Unit

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on April 19, 2018, 12:35:22 AM
This is just that Jordan Peterson book except without the 'stand up with your back straight' bit. I'd recommend purchasing a copy of that. Might solve all your problems in one go.

Well, crucially without the slippery evangelical spin.  It's possible for advice to be simply that, rather than a cult you have to subscribe to.

Dr Syntax Head

It doesn't really matter who provides the advice as long as the advice works and is beneficial. I've learned a lot of good things from Kerouac for instance but he was an alcoholic who died in front of the TV in his mum's living room in his 40s. His love of the world still inspires me.

itsfredtitmus

Desirable Industrial Unit

Same here, but I think it's supposed to be daily rather than spread out across six months so I might have another go.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Desirable Industrial Unit on April 19, 2018, 12:55:29 AM
Same here, but I think it's supposed to be daily rather than spread out across six months so I might have another go.
Space it out in two years nicer that way :)

Uncle TechTip

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on April 18, 2018, 11:34:01 PM
On the cat front, cats do seem a bit prone to strokes.

Damn right they do. I see a cat imma stroke that shit.

itsfredtitmus

buying ryvitas and doing laps round and round on a treadmill is alright but when youre mentally ill doesnt do fuck does it

itsfredtitmus

OR FUCK IT just take a year off and learn to find yourself RIGHT???

Ferris

JBD going really impacted me as well. If anyone ever wants to just vent away at my inbox, I'd be happy to provide that service. I'm just some fucker on the internet so it's the equivalent of typing it all into MS notepad, except I'll respond back.

I've had my ups and downs, but have basically righted myself in the last few years without any kind of drugs or anything. I'm also not bald and do not have phimosis so reckon I'm doing better than most fuckers on here and would probably be considered enlightened.

This is my only genuine post on CaB without a knob gag or anything so please feel free to take advantage.

Paul Calf

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 21, 2018, 12:38:43 PM
JBD going really impacted me as well. If anyone ever wants to just vent away at my inbox, I'd be happy to provide that service. I'm just some fucker on the internet so it's the equivalent of typing it all into MS notepad, except I'll respond back.

I've had my ups and downs, but have basically righted myself in the last few years without any kind of drugs or anything. I'm also not bald and do not have phimosis so reckon I'm doing better than most fuckers on here and would probably be considered enlightened.

This is my only genuine post on CaB without a knob gag or anything so please feel free to take advantage.

I'm not bald, but I do have phimosis.

In the land of the blind...

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 21, 2018, 12:38:43 PM
JBD going really impacted me as well.

I'm with you on this. Not just his passing, which was awful, but the entire circumstances around it and leading up to it were just so utterly heartbreaking. It's hard to get over the cruelty that some people are capable of when it comes to their children.

Johnny Textface

Have you seeked out any philosophy at all? The hedonic adapter culture within we writhe isn't necessarily how we should all live of course. The Greeks and Romans had thousands of years of civilization to think about this stuff and it's basically out of the window now.

Amor fati

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 19, 2018, 12:53:22 AM
Tried all that.

It's not to 'try', it's an every day routine which doesn't have immediate results and is no silver bullet