Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dale Winton dead at 62

Started by Porter Dimi, April 18, 2018, 09:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I lost it seriously arrgh no goodnight sweet prince may hilarious pet challenges sing thee to thy rest

*rips velcro off novelty inflatable*

ollyboro

Ryan Clarke-Neal has now paid tribute.

Gradual Decline

The best Top of the Pops presenter.

RIP DW.

shiftwork2

'Go wild in the aisles' he said.  But that was when he was alive.  Now he's dead (probably in a hospital mortuary, with a view to relocating the corpse to a local stiff emporium at a cost best known to the funeral director and vaguely referred to on the bill as 'miscellaneous services') he's not saying that any more.

I regret this post.

DrGreggles

RIP
Always seemed like a decent sort.

Weirdly, this image appears on the first page if you search for Dale Winton on Google images.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: ollyboro on April 18, 2018, 10:06:25 PM
Ryan Clarke-Neal has now paid tribute.

There's no Rylan without Winton.

ollyboro

This, from Jonny Huntridge:

"Sad news about Dale Winton. I worked with him on Supermarket Sweep where I stacked the shelves. A top bloke. He even once gave me a lift home in his Nissan 200SX as my bike had a puncture. #RIP"

I wonder how Jonny's bike got a puncture? I wonder who could have had an interest in getting young Jonny into Dale's car?

Fabian Thomsett

And to think - without Dale Sleeper wouldn't have written that song with the reverse guitars at the end.

Sgt. Duckie

The Morrison's pie couple have just paid their commiserations condolences...

Chairman Bodog

Watching Supermarket Sweep with my boys. Biggest chucklebust I had in a month. "You'll want those garlic butter bits to go with your bread." "Yeah, but you're dead, you cunt,."

Done fuck y'all, a witch it.

ollyboro

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on April 18, 2018, 10:15:30 PM
The Morrison's pie couple have just paid their commiserations.
The greedy cunts just want first dibs on his funeral buffet. Providing it's an early morning internment.

up_the_hampipe

In his honour, everyone should do their supermarket shop really fast tomorrow. Just everyone racing around the aisles, bumping into each other, plenty of injuries, maybe a few deaths. I just want to sort out the population problem really.

Funcrusher

Quote from: ollyboro on April 18, 2018, 10:12:20 PM
This, from Jonny Huntridge:

"Sad news about Dale Winton. I worked with him on Supermarket Sweep where I stacked the shelves. A top bloke. He even once gave me a lift home in his Nissan 200SX as my bike had a puncture. #RIP"

I wonder how Jonny's bike got a puncture? I wonder who could have had an interest in getting young Jonny into Dale's car?

Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate.

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 18, 2018, 09:41:17 PM
He's looked ill for years, last time I saw him on the lottery show he looked like a dredged up corpse. I wonder what was wrong?

Late-stage sunnydelightis

ollyboro

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 18, 2018, 10:20:08 PM
Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate.
As the leather runs smooth on the passenger's seat

biggytitbo

What better time to pillory Dale on social media for his conservative political views than the day he dies.

Bazooka

Godspeed my sweet prince, you have gone to the hole in the wall in the sky.

I thought this was a joke thread when I saw the title, 'dead at 62....thought Dale that evening he ate some bad clams', did not expect this, one of the lads.

And lest we forget, he was the pioneer of the cash for gold movement, while others laughed at him, he simply said "there be gold in dem der hills".

shiftwork2

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 18, 2018, 10:38:01 PM
What better time to pillory Dale on social media for his conservative political views than the day he dies.

Expand on this.  Was he a Leave supporter then?

Chairman Bodog

I got a BBC notification and I'm too high to know it so i got this on. Hope he's in the sky forra laff.

ollyboro

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 18, 2018, 10:49:04 PM
He was a Trump supporter and believed in the Birch.

littlenell

R.i.p Dale, he had such kind, smiling eyes :)

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 18, 2018, 10:00:12 PM
He was gay. He came out in his book in 2002 and the nation feigned a gape.

biggytitbo

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 18, 2018, 10:49:04 PM

Some Huffington post arsehole on twitter using it to promote his stories about dales conservative political affiliations and praise of trump.

Custard

Lovely tribute from Limmy

"Had the pleasure of meeting Dale Winton at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny."

Funcrusher

Limmy showing his class there. Fuck Huff Post.

Shaky

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 18, 2018, 10:56:11 PM
Lovely tribute from Limmy

"Had the pleasure of meeting Dale Winton at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny."

I misread that as a tribute from "Lemmy". Which may be a possibility where they are now, I suppose.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 18, 2018, 09:52:22 PM
He was a better host of Pets Win Prizes than Danny Baker imho.

He really wasn't. Dale was lovely, a safe pair of hands, a pro etc., but he never treated that show with the gleeful yet straight-faced disdain it deserved. Baker sent the whole thing up in fine style, tipping a wink to the audience but treating it with faux seriousness a la Les Dawson. Dale presented it without a trace of irony, which worked against the deliberately stupid format.

Anyway, I don't want my only post in this thread to come across as a DISS of Dale Winton. He was quite obviously a very nice man and a capable broadcaster in his pomp. He could affably sell any old shit, Pets Win Prizes aside.

Paul Calf

[tag]Rigid, inflatable hell[/tag]