Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:26:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dale Winton dead at 62

Started by Porter Dimi, April 18, 2018, 09:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollyboro

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 18, 2018, 11:07:49 PM
He really wasn't. Dale was lovely, a safe pair of hands, a pro etc., but he never treated that show with the gleeful yet straight-faced disdain it deserved. Baker sent the whole thing up in fine style, tipping a wink to the audience but treating it with faux seriousness a la Les Dawson. Dale presented it without a trace of irony, which worked against the deliberately stupid format.

Anyway, I don't want my only post in this thread to come across as a DISS of Dale Winton. He was quite obviously a very nice man and a capable broadcaster in his pomp. He could affably sell any old shit, Pets Win Prizes aside.
And you think this is an appropriate time to criticize Dale's tenure of Pets Win Prizes? Shame on you. The orange cunt's only just fell off the perch.

Cerys

Quote from: lankyguy95 on April 18, 2018, 09:51:10 PM
All the game show hosts seem to be going at the moment.

RIP

Eamonn Holmes must be bricking it.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Funcrusher

Nah, Ballard showing his class with that post. Dale's passing has brought out the best in all of us.

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: Cerys on April 18, 2018, 11:16:57 PM
Eamonn Holmes must be bricking it.

He's reduced to Eamonn Sheds already.

Glebe

Sad to hear it. Rest in Peace DW.

Custard

When death comes for him, Eamonn will simply push a nearby woman into it's jaws instead

Oops! Wrong Planet

Quote from: ollyboro on April 18, 2018, 09:58:25 PM
Davina McCall, Frank Bruno and Duncan Bannatyne have all paid tribute.

Emotional tribute from Sky News's Kay Burley.

pancreas

I'd like to have him stuffed, and called Dale Wonton.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 18, 2018, 10:56:11 PM
Lovely tribute from Limmy

"Had the pleasure of meeting Dale Winton at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny."

Limmy tweets  a variation on that whenever a celebrity dies. The best one being: "Had the pleasure of meeting Charles Manson at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny."

Custard

No no, he goes to a lot of charity do's

Shaky

Quote from: Oops! Wrong Planet on April 18, 2018, 11:33:22 PM
Emotional tribute from Sky News's Kay Burley.

On first glance I though McCall had added an emoji of a penis at the end of her tweet, which would be both incredibly disrespectful and highly appropriate.

Desirable Industrial Unit

62 really doesn't quite sound right does it?  It's not until you realise how long ago Supermarket Sweep was that you realise that it sort of makes sense and that we're all gonna be joining Dale far sooner our brains allow us to realise.

Quote from: BBC News
TV presenter Paddy McGuinness said: "Back in the day Supermarket Sweep was the programme to watch."

Thanks for weighing in Paddy.  I mean I'm sure there were other programmes, but everyone was pretty clear about their priorities back in the day.

Desirable Industrial Unit

Stop calling him warm you insensitive celeb bastards!

Depressed Beyond Tables

In supermarkets they round down.

littlenell

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 18, 2018, 09:41:17 PM
He's looked ill for years, last time I saw him on the lottery show he looked like a dredged up corpse. I wonder what was wrong?

That was his brother - Pale Winton

PaulTMA

The good thing about this thread is that I realised Les Dennis isn't dead after all, when I got confused at his tribute pictured above - always got him mixed up with Cheggers.  They all look the same to me these people

Funcrusher

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 18, 2018, 11:49:21 PM
Limmy tweets  a variation on that whenever a celebrity dies. The best one being: "Had the pleasure of meeting Charles Manson at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny."

That is good.

xmxmxmxmxmx

He should be buried in a big trolley.

Few years back he was presenting one of those shit BBC gameshows and seemed completely benzoed out. If you want to turn Dale's demise into a tidy profit head over to mercenarybets and stick whatever spare cash you have on this being a pharmaceutical related death.

imitationleather

Ian Drunken Smurf

Ornlu

Jockice

My only Dale Winton anecdote. I went to see a special showing of the first Trainspotting film at which Danny Boyle was answering questions afterwards. The conversation was dominated by some smartarse student type who started telling Boyle that the movie was crap and that he'd sold out, due to some very minor difference between the story in the book and the film. Ignoring the major differences, it was some tiny irrelevant detail that didn't alter the narrative in the slightest. If I'd been Danny I'd have got up and smacked him.

Anyway, I was sitting near this bloke and already had him marked down as a wrong 'un because he cheered loudly when Dale Winton appeared on the screen. If I'd had my way he'd have been chucked out of the theatre for that alone.

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on April 19, 2018, 06:44:57 AM
My only Dale Winton anecdote. I went to see a special showing of the first Trainspotting film at which Danny Boyle was answering questions afterwards. The conversation was dominated by some smartarse student type who started telling Boyle that the movie was crap and that he'd sold out, due to some very minor difference between the story in the book and the film. Ignoring the major differences, it was some tiny irrelevant detail that didn't alter the narrative in the slightest. If I'd been Danny I'd have got up and smacked him.

Anyway, I was sitting near this bloke and already had him marked down as a wrong 'un because he cheered loudly when Dale Winton appeared on the screen. If I'd had my way he'd have been chucked out of the theatre for that alone.

I've remembered what it was now. It was that while escaping with the money at the end Renton saw someone wearing a similar jacket to Begbie's in the book but not in the film. This apparently totally destroyed the whole thing. Hmm.

seepage

Finally, time to finish Icewinton Dale

Butchers Blind

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 18, 2018, 09:48:55 PMLeast he's now back in Cilla's arms
Why do you think he's gone to hell?

the

Spot the odd story out on Google News:

the

Quote from: The MetroIt was in 1982 when Dale moved to London and began working the club circuit before landing a job at United Biscuits Radio Network.

New CaB username there