Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC Sound Effects Archive

Started by Captain Z, April 18, 2018, 11:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

QuoteAttention all #soundeffects enthusiasts! Over 16,000 classic BBC Archive sound effects and field recordings, from air raids to zebras, are available on the BBC Sound Effects Beta: http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/  FREE to listen or download and reuse for non-commercial purposes.

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

hedgehog90

Nice one!
You never know when you might need the sound of a bustling crowd of people during rush hour in the streets of Peru, or the sound of a bustling crowd of people during rush hour in the streets of Myanmar.

olliebean

Never mind that, is Bloodnok's stomach in there?

the

Quote from: olliebean on April 19, 2018, 08:50:07 AMNever mind that, is Bloodnok's stomach in there?

Yes. (Direct link to Wav)

FredNurke

It's Fred the Oyster I really want.

olliebean

Quote from: the on April 19, 2018, 09:54:58 AM
Yes. (Direct link to Wav)

Ah yes, I see it's under "Radiophonic stomach."

No TARDIS noises, though, that I could find.

Brundle-Fly

the

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 19, 2018, 03:36:53 PMI can't make the link work.

Hmm, the site seems to be up and down - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I suppose they could also be throttling downloads or refusing hotlinks.

I had to link to it direct, because there seems to be no way to link to the site page when you do find something. (Bit of an oversight on their part really, as this is will only add to the bandwidth burden if people can only share direct download links.)

I found it by searching for 'stomach', it's the last result in the list that comes up.

Brundle-Fly

As long as they have on file 'Glass crash' from BBC Off Beat Sound Effects  The Wilhelm Scream of comedy SFX.

BBC Sound Effects LPs always have amazing cover art. This is no exception.

olliebean

Being hammered now, I expect. It's loading very slowly (or possibly not at all - I'm still waiting).

<edit> it did load, eventually - but judging by the way the search works (i.e., search-as-you-type), it must be loading the entire index every time you visit the page, so not surprising it's a bit slow, really.