Author Topic: Old Grey Whistle Test  (Read 2373 times)

Nowhere Man

• Yeah mate would love a brew, cheers x
Re: Old Grey Whistle Test
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 08:05:20 PM »
Bloody hell, Emitt Rhodes in 1971!

Bennett Brauer

• I'm not "likeable"
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2019, 10:07:44 PM »
Can't find an appropriate thread to coat-tail, but some of you cats might like to know that someone is currently uploading ancient OGWT clips, including rarities and outtakes. Doesn't seem official, maybe someone who worked on the show?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMKkw87LSSoyKjVadIVRRSg/videos

The Youtube channel and Twitter feed have just been taken down. "This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted."  Shitehawks.

Still, almost 9 months and well over a hundred shows, surprised it wasn't removed sooner.

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 09:28:40 AM »

Mind you, it was obviously coming sometime. And I was only the other day enjoying the Sadistic Mika Band.

Norton Canes

• The leper heart will see you for what you are
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »
Missed this thread first time round. Where there only 'classic' OGWT episodes, or some from the mid 80's version?

Bennett Brauer

• I'm not "likeable"
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2019, 10:04:21 AM »
Missed this thread first time round. Where there only 'classic' OGWT episodes, or some from the mid 80's version?

It was mostly complete shows (a few were short extracts) starting from 1971/72, complete with ident clock and false starts. They were being uploaded chronologically, with a few exceptions - eg after Pete Shelley died, a complete show from 14 Nov 1978 featuring Buzzcocks was uploaded.

I think the uploader had just reached 1976 and was still putting stuff up every week.

Norton Canes

• The leper heart will see you for what you are
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
Ah right, ta. Would love to see some of the late run 80's ones.

Bennett Brauer

• I'm not "likeable"
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 10:15:48 AM »
The Old Andy Kershaw Video Vote Test.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • My RUBBISH
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 10:16:04 AM »
Balls, missed out on this. Bought and watched the 3 dvds a year or so ago, and they were really good. You could almost smell the dust, grass and vinyl. Lovely stuff

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2019, 12:22:12 AM »
I had barely enough time to alert my ex-BBC buddy to the latest batch (all posted to yt in the last ten days), & for him & a few other mates to see the alex harvey interview, isootope, sadistic mika band & a few other bits before the "rights owners" had the plug pulled.
livid.

I'd happily pay to see this stuff. it's lawyers, nothing else, & I want to kill them, the joyless bastards.

JesusAndYourBush

• Earnest silky coconut shell
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2019, 01:54:25 AM »
A shame it's gone.  I was looking at the channel just the other day.  It seemed to be mainly stuff from 1973/74 and there was little to interest me but I could see they were posting more-or-less chronologically and were just about to get to the good stuff.  Oh well.

I think people realise by now that if you don't save it you could very well lose it, and many will have saved copies.

BlodwynPig

• R.I.P. The Waxwork RenĂ©
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 02:50:01 AM »