Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:48:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Old Grey Whistle Test

Started by Oops! Wrong Planet, April 19, 2018, 01:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhere Man

Bloody hell, Emitt Rhodes in 1971!

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Oops! Wrong Planet on April 19, 2018, 01:49:16 AM
Can't find an appropriate thread to coat-tail, but some of you cats might like to know that someone is currently uploading ancient OGWT clips, including rarities and outtakes. Doesn't seem official, maybe someone who worked on the show?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMKkw87LSSoyKjVadIVRRSg/videos

The Youtube channel and Twitter feed have just been taken down. "This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted."  Shitehawks.

Still, almost 9 months and well over a hundred shows, surprised it wasn't removed sooner.

Pauline Walnuts

Mind you, it was obviously coming sometime. And I was only the other day enjoying the Sadistic Mika Band.

Norton Canes

Missed this thread first time round. Where there only 'classic' OGWT episodes, or some from the mid 80's version?

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 05, 2019, 09:47:09 AM
Missed this thread first time round. Where there only 'classic' OGWT episodes, or some from the mid 80's version?

It was mostly complete shows (a few were short extracts) starting from 1971/72, complete with ident clock and false starts. They were being uploaded chronologically, with a few exceptions - eg after Pete Shelley died, a complete show from 14 Nov 1978 featuring Buzzcocks was uploaded.

I think the uploader had just reached 1976 and was still putting stuff up every week.

Norton Canes

Ah right, ta. Would love to see some of the late run 80's ones.

Bennett Brauer

The Old Andy Kershaw Video Vote Test.

Custard

Balls, missed out on this. Bought and watched the 3 dvds a year or so ago, and they were really good. You could almost smell the dust, grass and vinyl. Lovely stuff

a duncandisorderly

I had barely enough time to alert my ex-BBC buddy to the latest batch (all posted to yt in the last ten days), & for him & a few other mates to see the alex harvey interview, isootope, sadistic mika band & a few other bits before the "rights owners" had the plug pulled.
livid.

I'd happily pay to see this stuff. it's lawyers, nothing else, & I want to kill them, the joyless bastards.

JesusAndYourBush

A shame it's gone.  I was looking at the channel just the other day.  It seemed to be mainly stuff from 1973/74 and there was little to interest me but I could see they were posting more-or-less chronologically and were just about to get to the good stuff.  Oh well.

I think people realise by now that if you don't save it you could very well lose it, and many will have saved copies.

BlodwynPig