Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:11:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Late Night Archives?

Started by MortSahlFan, April 19, 2018, 06:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

Does anyone know of a great site? I'll have to go through my Bookmarks, but I know I have some.

up_the_hampipe

I didn't know there were any. Link if you know some good ones. I'd love to comb through old Letterman or Tonight Show episodes.

remedial_gash

Bugger, I stupidly thought this might be about 4later or the ITV equivalent with 'noisy mothers' and 'get stuffed'.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 19, 2018, 08:32:20 PM
I didn't know there were any. Link if you know some good ones. I'd love to comb through old Letterman or Tonight Show episodes.

I was looking for some Letterman episodes myself... But I did remember finding a video I had been looking for at http://www.shoutfactorytv.com which had a particular episode on The Dick Cavett Show. I haven't browsed much - still looking for more to add to my Bookmarks.

I did find some original Tonight Show with Steve Allen, but you had to pay $100 for 60 minutes.. If anyone is interested, I'm sure I can find it.

Barry Admin

Yeah, loads of vintage Letterman on YouTube these days. I've said those before, but when I was at school Channel 4 over here used to broadcast Steve Allen episodes, and they were an absolute fucking delight. I wish they'd do that these days, stuff like that and The Gong Show made a huge impression on me as a kid.

up_the_hampipe

I'd love to see some old Leno archives. I'm not a fan of Leno himself, but there's a sparse amount of clips of various comedians doing sets and interviews on that show.

Small Man Big Horse

There's a certain amount of Letterman and Conan on MySpleen, along with some Steve Allen shows, but they're not allowing new members right now, even if you have invites.

Mrs SMBH has a fuckload of Conan on a hard drive somewhere too, as she is all but his biggest fan, but it's stored away right now and unfortunately not easily accessible.

Barry Admin

Can I just mention again the Chris Elliott Archive Discs that are/were on MySpleen? Absolutely fucking incredible, old thread about them is here.

Famous Mortimer

I think NBC put up every episode of Carson they had on some resource, but you needed a reason to access it, like educational / journalistic.

https://www.johnnycarson.com/collections/digital-downloads

Or, this. But fuck a duck, they aren't cheap.

MortSahlFan

https://archive.org/

Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.

Skip Bittman

Sure wish the Paley centers in NYC and LA could work out some deal to get some of their archives online. They have an incredible collection that'll make your eyes bug out after a few searches. Camping out there is an absolute must if you're doing any kind of work about early TV.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: Skip Bittman on April 20, 2018, 09:09:47 PM
Sure wish the Paley centers in NYC and LA could work out some deal to get some of their archives online. They have an incredible collection that'll make your eyes bug out after a few searches. Camping out there is an absolute must if you're doing any kind of work about early TV.

When I was in SF, I met this girl at the hostel who was interested, but time wouldn't allow for it... I just looked, since it's the only place that has the Mort Sahl American Masters made by Bob Weide, but it looks like they are playing his latest of Kurt Vonnegut.