Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Copperfield forced to reveal trick - YOU WON'T BELIEVE...etc

Started by Captain Z, April 19, 2018, 09:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Yes I'm sorry it's just another link to a BBC news story, but honestly my mind is officially blown:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43831679

QuoteAmerican magician David Copperfield has been forced to reveal a famous trick after a participant claimed he'd been injured during a Las Vegas performance.

QuoteThe 61-year-old's "Lucky #13" trick involves making 13 audience members, chosen at random, disappear on stage.

Then, the grand surprise - spoiler alert - is when the illusionist reveals the 13 at the back of the room.

Ok, I'm guessing mirrors? No, this is Las Vegas, a hologram projector? Or maybe he has a group of lookalikes waiting backstage and very carefully only selects audience memb-

QuoteAfter curtains come down on the 13 participants on stage, they are hurried through passageways that lead them around the Las Vegas MGM resort. They leave the building and emerge again at the back of the theatre.

-oh.

Reckon he's going to get kicked out of the Magic Circle for revealing this one. You're quoting this to do a joke about his magic circle, aren't you?

biggytitbo

I hope the forced him to fly in the courtroom.

Of course, if David 'Copperfield' ws a real magician, he'd make the charges disappear.

Pranet

Well, that's what all magic tricks are when you find out how it is done isn't it?

People often say that it is disappointing, but it is the misdirection so you don't notice the obviousness of the "trick" that is the interesting part.

There was what I remember to be a good episode of This American Life on that time he made the Statue of Liberty disappear. Now annoyingly I can't remember whether or not it said that the audience was in on it or not.