Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deadpool 2

Started by up_the_hampipe, April 20, 2018, 09:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Can't see a specific thread for it, unless people were just using the old one. Anyway, it's out in just a few weeks (16th May). The final trailer is here https://youtu.be/20bpjtCbCz0, here's another trailer https://youtu.be/D86RtevtfrA. But my personal favourite promotional video was the Bob Ross parody https://youtu.be/5FvFjyAwHxI

Might be worth seeing just for Rob Delaney skydiving on the big screen:

mothman

Should be a warning, the latest trailer has a Logan spoiler.

Famous Mortimer

Perhaps something, perhaps nothing, but TJ Miler isn't in the trailer that's being shown on the telly at the moment.

Kelvin

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 20, 2018, 04:08:55 PM
Perhaps something, perhaps nothing, but TJ Miler isn't in the trailer that's being shown on the telly at the moment.

He's been in both major trailers since the accusations were made against him.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Kelvin on April 20, 2018, 04:14:28 PM
He's been in both major trailers since the accusations were made against him.
*thinks about a few pages of pointless debate about whether a trailer being shown on national TV all the time counts as "major" or not*

*goes to clean some lint trays instead*

Head Gardener

going tonight with high hopes

bgmnts

Booking tickets now. 2 and half hours long oof!

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: bgmnts on May 15, 2018, 01:22:22 PM
Booking tickets now. 2 and half hours long oof!

Including ads and trailers. The BBFC lists Deadpool 2 as running 119 minutes.

bgmnts

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 15, 2018, 01:36:58 PM
Including ads and trailers. The BBFC lists Deadpool 2 as running 119 minutes.

Ah alright. Thats a good running time.

Only film i've been excited for the past decade and reviews are good. Mega pumped!

studpuppet

colacentral

I like Josh Brolin and everything, but it's irked me a bit that every time I've seen him promoting this film he's referred to Ryan Reynolds as a comedian. Is he saying that as in, he deserves to be thought of as a comedian, or does he actually think he is a comedian? I wondered if he's been mixing him up with Dane Cook or something.

Glad to hear this is getting good reviews, I was pretty worried about it.

kidsick5000

I really enjoyed it. Not everything the trailer suggests.
Brolin is a good presence, more stoic than Thanos, supporting cast are great.
Keep your eyes open along the way.

It's got the lightness needed after Infinity War. Plus the 4th wall and self-referential stuff is a good fix for moments that would otherwise be too obvious.

bgmnts

I read a few issues of X Force back in the day and didnt really like it but Ryan Reynolds is so good I dont care how shit Deadpool is.

bgmnts

Trailer time.

Jurassix Paark 2 looks like Turner and Hooch with dinosaurs.

madhair60

get off your phone in the cinema you entire holocaust

The Culture Bunker

Enjoyed it a lot. Plenty of laughs, Brolin is great, was a bit gutted that <spoiler> Eddie Marsan's character didn't turn out to be Mr Sinister is some weird disguise. Was expecting a Vinny Jones joke re Juggernaut too, unless I missed it.

bgmnts

I was on my phone during trailers, everyone was chatting.

9.5/10. Most I have laughed during a film ever. I am so glad this nugget exists amongst the bollocks Disney Marvel that chokes the films.

All the references, the little nods to x men lore and utilising all the crappy 90s X characters that suck and actually making them really cool.

Dont have a bad word to say about this, which is a rarity I am an intolerably cynical cunt.

Oh and the girl who plays Domino is so beautiful I genuinely have a crush on her and want to marry her.

samadriel

Great comedy, I fully endorse it. The whole meta/ironic promotional thing really bores me, so I'm glad to watch these films and find them really entertaining and much more earnest than you might think.

samadriel

The cameos? My girlfriend spotted Brad Pitt

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: samadriel on May 18, 2018, 09:17:07 AM
I thought that was him! But it was a real blink-and-miss it moment.

phantom_power

Quote from: samadriel on May 18, 2018, 09:17:07 AM

Yeah, I saw that. Just wondered if there was more I was missing.

Also, really enjoyable film. Good plot that was nothing like the trailer suggested and some great action and comedy. Liked the X-Men cameo in the mansion

Enrico Palazzo

Thought the ending was too drawn out but I otherwise really enjoyed it. Didn't spot Brad Pitt. What a cunt.

phantom_power

Quote from: Enrico Palazzo on May 18, 2018, 10:51:19 AM
Thought the ending was too drawn out but I otherwise really enjoyed it. Didn't spot Brad Pitt. What a cunt.

It was pretty blink and you'll miss it and wrapped up in another joke as well. Wasn't the drawn-out ending a deliberate joke? Or did you mean the whole final act?

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: phantom_power on May 18, 2018, 10:54:39 AM
It was pretty blink and you'll miss it and wrapped up in another joke as well. Wasn't the drawn-out ending a deliberate joke? Or did you mean the whole final act?

Aye, the whole final act. Was relentlessly entertaining until the last 20 minutes. For me anyway.

bgmnts

I felt that way until it broke the fourth crazily at the end and made it worth it.

Also, was the Brad Pitt cameo a slight Fight Club reference?

samadriel

What's Fight Club got to do with Deadpool?

Glebe

Saw it last night... it was probably even more unpleasant than the first one, and yeah, T.J. Miller, but it was pretty entertaining and funny nonetheless.

Twit 2

The first one was a smug load of toss - shit for cunts, even. Is this one really better? Marvel is a stain on cinema so my bias couldn't be bigger expectations couldn't be lower.

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 18, 2018, 09:04:59 PM
The first one was a smug load of toss - shit for cunts, even. Is this one really better? Marvel is a stain on cinema so my bias couldn't be bigger expectations couldn't be lower.
Fairly enjoyed the first but this one was full on smug look at the camera meta every five minutes with obvious dick jokes.
Think the funniest bit was the after credits scene