Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:42:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forces Tv

Started by ollyboro, April 24, 2018, 10:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollyboro

Channel 96 on digital.

After being prompted to do so for the last month I retuned my digital recorder and this channel has turned up. I got a wee bit excited because the last time I had this channel it showed daily episodes of The Phil Silvers Show. Alas, after skimming through the guide there's no sign of the great man. There is, however, loads of Starsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, Shine On Harvey Moon, Hogan's Heroes (for the old Nighttime crowd), Airwolf, Buck fucking Rogers and other stuff on a permanent loop. Ideal nostalgic cabbage out channel.

ollyboro

The Phil Silvers Show has turned up. Heyyyyaup!!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Does Forces TV show documentaries about Abu Ghraib and so on?

gilbertharding

I assumed it was all old Open University programmes about physics and structural engineering.

the

Quote from: ollyboro on April 24, 2018, 10:33:52 PMStarsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, Shine On Harvey Moon, Hogan's Heroes (for the old Nighttime crowd), Airwolf, Buck fucking Rogers and other stuff on a permanent loop

Observation: Sounds like a channel for men who have the emotional sophistication of an eight year old

Is it all about being in favour of Brexit and God Save the Queen?

Cuellar

I watched a documentary about soldiers with Jeremy Kyle on this the other day.

It was boring.

Tell you what IS good though - FreeSports on 95. There was English basketball then some ice hockey yesterday, now I'm watching two Scotsmen play pool.

Alberon

I stumbled over Forces TV a few weeks back and ended up watching most of a Battlestar Galactica (70s version of course) with Patrick Macnee playing the devil. Totally bonkers.

imitationleather

I keep seeing this on the digiguide and assuming it's a channel for Help For Heroes and Andy McNab fans.

im barry bethel

Quote from: ollyboro on April 24, 2018, 10:33:52 PM
There is, however, loads of Starsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, Shine On Harvey Moon, Hogan's Heroes (for the old Nighttime crowd), Airwolf, Buck fucking Rogers

You forgot The A Team

ollyboro

Quote from: im barry bethel on May 21, 2018, 11:21:09 PM
You forgot The A Team

I was attempting to appear fucking sophisticated.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I saw this channel - after Bilko, they had a pop culture news show (hosted by an American who'd been trained to present by YouTubers: all flailing arms and a physical gesture on every syllable) that looked for the military angle in the current blockbusters.

Interviewers we're stopping actors at red carpet events and asking about the military combat training they'd undertaken for particular roles.

Sebastian Cobb

So basically it's full of Reganite propaganda?

slicesofjim

Camp Tramp

I saw an interesting documentary about test pilots on there.

Shaky

Quote from: Cuellar on May 21, 2018, 07:54:05 PM
I watched a documentary about soldiers with Jeremy Kyle on this the other day.

I once sat through an episode of Eldorado with John Stapleton. He liked it but I wasn't fussed.