Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cosby Finally Nailed

Started by nedthemumbler, April 26, 2018, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedthemumbler

Looking at 15 to 30 years incarceration.  At 80 I'm sure it isn't as much of a punishment compared to if he'd been nobbled a few decades ago, but still, justice of sorts.

Defiant to the last according to the courtroom transcripts quoted in the Guardian.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: nedthemumbler on April 26, 2018, 08:08:51 PM
Looking at 15 to 30 years incarceration.  At 80 I'm sure it isn't as much of a punishment compared to if he'd been nobbled a few decades ago, but still, justice of sorts.

Defiant to the last according to the courtroom transcripts quoted in the Guardian.

Weinstein will be about 80 when the police officers finally get round to arresting him. Must be good to be rich and a rapist.

nedthemumbler

Be interesting to hear any North American poster's views on all this, as I and I imagine many other Brits was only vaguely aware of his work and status.  Not the totemic figure of goodness and civil rights  I gather he was seen as over there perhaps.

DrGreggles

Quote from: nedthemumbler on April 26, 2018, 08:08:51 PM

Apparently he's going to appeal and try to get it reduced from 15 years to life.

up_the_hampipe

I hope they got him on several counts of hypocrisy too. That's really the worst part of it.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: nedthemumbler on April 26, 2018, 08:17:28 PM
Be interesting to hear any North American poster's views on all this, as I and I imagine many other Brits was only vaguely aware of his work and status.  Not the totemic figure of goodness and civil rights  I gather he was seen as over there perhaps.

Perhaps not, but The Cosby Show was very popular in Britain at the time. Before these revelations came to light, I would imagine that most British viewers assumed he was just like the cuddly, harmless family man he portrayed on the show. It's a part he played very well, with all that implies.

His wasn't well-known as a stand-up, though; I don't know if he even performed over here at any point.

nedthemumbler

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 26, 2018, 08:20:34 PM
Apparently he's going to appeal and try to get it reduced from 15 years to life.

Excellent work.

bgmnts

I am surprised nothing has come out about Mr Rogers being a diddler.

When you send the elderly to prison, the problem is not that they don't live through all of their sentenced years. The problem is that they will not get the full treatment. If a 20-year-old goes to prison, they chase him down and they HAVE his pert young bottom. But no one is going to want to fuck an 80-year-old Bill Cosby.

Imagine being the prison beast and pulling Cosby's undies down. 'Hehe, going to give Billbo a good seeing to.' But then you find that his arse is shapeless, unattractive, and wrapped tightly in soiled incontinence pants. 'Oh... okay, maybe not.'

Oops! Wrong Planet

Eddie Murphy just rang him up to chastise him for being too dirty offstage.

ollyboro

Quote from: Default to the negative on April 26, 2018, 08:31:00 PM
When you send the elderly to prison, the problem is not that they don't live through all of their sentenced years. The problem is that they will not get the full treatment. If a 20-year-old goes to prison, they chase him down and they HAVE his pert young bottom. But no one is going to want to fuck an 80-year-old Bill Cosby.

Imagine being the prison beast and pulling Cosby's undies down. 'Hehe, going to give Billbo a good seeing to.' But then you find that his arse is shapeless, unattractive, and wrapped tightly in soiled incontinence pants. 'Oh... okay, maybe not.'
I suspect there'll be a competition to be the first one to stick one up Cosby's shitter. A pound of snout at least.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Default to the negative on April 26, 2018, 08:31:00 PM
no one is going to want to fuck an 80-year-old Bill Cosby.
It's probably been in the extensive "categories" list on xhamster for sometime now already.

Funcrusher

The main piece of advice I'd offer to Bill is 'pull your pants up'.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Oops! Wrong Planet on April 26, 2018, 08:35:07 PM
Eddie Murphy just rang him up to chastise him for being too dirty offstage.

I wish we could still give karma. +1

For me he occupys a simalr space to Rolf Harris, someone who I have fond childhood memories of. I enjoyed Cosbys stand up, hes a good story teller, as I enjoyed Rolfs cartoon club and his music. Unlike Jackson their lifes work has been deemed cultrally worth less than the crimes they have committed. Also they never got a conviction on Jackson so we can sweep that under the carpet. I wonder if there will come a time when these types of crimes fade with distance and the work is revalued. I don't think I have to feel guilt for say, enjoying a Kevin Sapcey performace. Seven isn't less of a film because Spacey is a deviant behind the screen.

Replies From View

*Bing Crosby enters thread, looks around and leaves*

up_the_hampipe

Original Nightstalker caught and Bill Cosby convicted in two days. Not a good week for old school rapists.

Bad Ambassador

Funcrusher

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 26, 2018, 09:33:43 PM
Original Nightstalker caught and Bill Cosby convicted in two days. Not a good week for old school rapists.

Guess they might get to share a cell.

idunnosomename

Prison isn't ONLY about male-on-male rape

Funcrusher

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 26, 2018, 09:46:57 PM
Prison isn't ONLY about male-on-male rape

True, there's always trading phonecards for cigs and filing down a toothbrush shiv to stab a nonce to keep you busy.

Absorb the anus burn

<TAG> The Cosby Show was raped in front of a live studio audience. <TAG>

idunnosomename

From what I saw in Porridge it's a right barrel of laughs and capers

greenman

I'm guessing he's unlikely to end up in any violent maximum security prison but even so his previous status is probably going to mean he's likely to get a good reception from a significant number of people.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 26, 2018, 08:25:59 PM
Perhaps not, but The Cosby Show was very popular in Britain at the time. Before these revelations came to light, I would imagine that most British viewers assumed he was just like the cuddly, harmless family man he portrayed on the show. It's a part he played very well, with all that implies.

His wasn't well-known as a stand-up, though; I don't know if he even performed over here at any point.

Although that aspect may be considerably ess well known, particularly compared to his sitcom work, due to Cosby's considerable influence on American comedians and how striking his stand-up style was as a young man, I feel there is recognition for that work

The storytelling element of his stand-up is impressive - and the ones material about his childhood, nothing less than extraordinary and almost has a musical quality. In terms of American stand-up and its development, he's surely a key act that people interested in the subject should gain an awareness of.

re: TV series - Cosby also gained fame over here in the 1960s with I Spy.

rue the polywhirl

Cosby done for rape, Simpsons outed once and for all as a racist sitcom. What other giants of American comedy are going to be brought down this week? Kelsey Grammar a secret member of the Ku Klux Klan? Jerry Seinfeld found out to be a real-life double dipper of chips?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: greenman on April 26, 2018, 10:05:27 PM
I'm guessing he's unlikely to end up in any violent maximum security prison but even so his previous status is probably going to mean he's likely to get a good reception from a significant number of people.

In the States, celebrities often get eye-waveringly preferential treatment.