Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cosby Finally Nailed

Started by nedthemumbler, April 26, 2018, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on April 26, 2018, 10:08:29 PM
Cosby done for rape, Simpsons outed once and for all as a racist sitcom. What other giants of American comedy are going to be brought down this week?
All it takes is one comedian calling out another.

thenoise

Cosby done for rape, Simpsons outed once and for all as a racist sitcom. What other giants of American comedy are going to be brought down this week? Kelsey Grammar a secret member of the Ku Klux Klan? Jerry Seinfeld found out to be a real-life double dipper of chips?

Family Guy has always been a bit of a wrong 'un hasn't it?  And South Park is a bit right wing, or at least 'libertarian'.

greenman

The Simpsons more than anything to me is just showing how grossly past its sellby date it is, imagine if they were still making Them Next Door in the 90's.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

On this basis The Simpsons is no more or less racist than the lazy racial sterotypes which characterise nearly every mainstream 'doing a bit' US stand up, of which include, and indeed heavily popularised by minorities. It's just the stereotypes are more hoary and don't capture the zeitgeist.

gib

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 26, 2018, 08:20:34 PM
Apparently he's going to appeal and try to get it reduced from 15 years to life.

That is good, gonna pretend that is mine tomorrow.

Blumf

What other giants of American comedy are going to be brought down this week? Kelsey Grammar a secret member of the Ku Klux Klan?

Worse than that, he's a Republican with an eye on political office and supported the Tea Party movement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelsey_Grammer#Political_views

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The trouble with trying to encourage big government is that every fuck up in the US of any significance lands at the feet of the government and as people are so apolitical they just blame GOVERNMENT. Rather than huge vested private interests, corporate corruption, etc.

Mister Six

Quote from: Urinal Cake on April 26, 2018, 10:17:29 PM
All it takes is one comedian calling out another.

Has Buress commented on this? Don't see anything on his Twitter.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: nedthemumbler on April 26, 2018, 08:17:28 PM
Be interesting to hear any North American poster's views on all this,

* Dex Sawash furiously gobbles Jello pudding

magval

Isn't Grammer also a known wife beater? I think this was covered on one of the Real Housewiveses.

Oops! Wrong Planet

Quote from: magval on April 27, 2018, 12:35:28 AM
Isn't Grammer also a known wife beater? I think this was covered on one of the Real Housewiveses.

An accusation from his Real Housewives ex Camille that amounted to him grabbing her arm and shoulder in an argument. (He accused her of assaulting him, iirc.) Her more serious accusations of violence were directed at another boyfriend after she split from Grammer. Anyway, not to defend KG but she doesn't strike me as a totally reliable source.

The real truth about Kim Kardashian's placenta accreta is coming up next, we'll see you after this break.

biggytitbo

Cosby done for rape, Simpsons outed once and for all as a racist sitcom. What other giants of American comedy are going to be brought down this week? Kelsey Grammar a secret member of the Ku Klux Klan? Jerry Seinfeld found out to be a real-life double dipper of chips?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Pee Wee Herman's spotless reputation tainted with something.

idunnosomename

They keep reporting  "expletive-ridden tirade" but all I can find is Cosby saying "he doesn't have a plane, you asshole" in retort to the prosecutor joking the risk of flight was literal because he owned a private plane.

Did he say fuck come on

Attila

madhair60

For his crimes he should hang.

With Mr Cooper lmao

momatt

biggytitbo

He's their Rolf, he'll do his time and come out stronger than ever imho.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: thenoise on April 26, 2018, 10:20:26 PM
Family Guy has always been a bit of a wrong 'un hasn't it?  And South Park is a bit right wing, or at least 'libertarian'.

South Park is not right wing at all.

Norton Canes

I fear for Kelly Montieth

Paul Calf

bgmnts

South Park is right wing? Genuinely had no idea. Seems to attack everything.

South Park is centrist, playing both right and left as being wrong.

Their biggest crime was normalising Cartman's behaviour by making him a central, sympathetic character as opposed to the antagonist sidekick he was originally. It's created a generation of centrists and liberals who happily throw around "ironic" racist and anti-Semitic slurs without understanding the harm they cause when used outside of the environment of the show.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 27, 2018, 09:54:43 AM
It is though.

Virtually everything's right wing in your world.

Urinal Cake

Well the whole thing is that it would be the most innocuous person that would be convicted of something terrible. Like Kevin James sticking pins into the eyelids of little boys.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 27, 2018, 10:00:28 AM

Virtually everything's right wing in your world.

It's used to push a libertarian agenda. You can't get more right wing than that.

Quote"It was just lame, that's exactly what we're talking about — people trying to claim the show. I hate conservatives, but I really f***ing hate liberals."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/conservatives-claiming-south-park-creators-their-own-are-rude-awakening/

mr. logic

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 27, 2018, 10:00:19 AM
South Park is centrist, playing both right and left as being wrong.

Their biggest crime was normalising Cartman's behaviour by making him a central, sympathetic character as opposed to the antagonist sidekick he was originally. It's created a generation of centrists and liberals who happily throw around "ironic" racist and anti-Semitic slurs without understanding the harm they cause when used outside of the environment of the show.

He's a central character because he's easily the funniest. He isn't sympathetic at all. In fact the humour of the character lies in how callous, devious and unfeeling he is.

Funcrusher

Quote from: bgmnts on April 27, 2018, 09:55:38 AM
South Park is right wing? Genuinely had no idea. Seems to attack everything.

South Park is a big old dog whistling normalisation of slippery slopes.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 27, 2018, 09:54:43 AM
It is though.

Did you watch last season? Garrison/Trump was literally raping his cabinet to be compliant.

Bhazor

Kudos to the court painter. Really capturing the look of "just found guilty on multiple counts of rape"