Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:43:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Car Crash Televisionion

Started by St_Eddie, April 28, 2018, 06:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Oops! Wrong Planet on April 29, 2018, 11:53:04 PM
I don't know for sure, but I don't think it was orchestrated.

Quote from: Glebe on April 30, 2018, 03:01:55 AM
Never heard that the Anderson interview was staged before, and I certainly don't believe that it was.

I'm probably thinking of something else.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Glebe on April 30, 2018, 03:01:55 AM
Never heard that the Anderson interview was staged before, and I certainly don't believe that it was.

Nah, it's definitely genuine.
Barry Gibb is a notoriously humourless cunt.
Rumour has it that he wanted to take legal action against Phil Pope for 'Meaningless Songs in Very High Voices', but his brothers had to convince him that it was actually very funny.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Oops! Wrong Planet on April 29, 2018, 11:53:04 PM
I think the Anderson joke was a bit shit really, him taking his eye off the ball - the Les Tossers/Tosseurs was a joke on the Bee Gees' part in the first place. Anderson's normally quick-witted, but in this case was just repeating the joke as if "Les Tosseurs" was completely serious.

Never struck me that Les Tosseurs was a joke name.
I can see why that would be the spark. There's little more infuriating than someone not getting a self-deprecating joke.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: leighhart on April 30, 2018, 08:21:22 AM
the entire series of Theres something about Miriam https://youtu.be/oNPI1Zbd-nk

Who went on to be a well paid prostitute: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/transsexual-reality-star-miriam-rivera-195335 - £300's outside my budget, even though I've always wanted to sleep with a famous person.

gilbertharding

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 30, 2018, 08:44:35 AM
Nah, it's definitely genuine.
Barry Gibb is a notoriously humourless cunt.
Rumour has it that he wanted to take legal action against Phil Pope for 'Meaningless Songs in Very High Voices', but his brothers had to convince him that it was actually very funny.

Way back in the dim, distant past of the internet just before Youtube was invented, Barry Gibb had his own web page where there were several short videos of him and his pals performing skits and sketches. They were clearly supposed to be funny - and probably would have been a terrific laugh to make... to watch, not so much.

Not sure if this proves he is 'humourless', or the opposite. More a case perhaps of not being able to smell his own farts.

Phil_A

Quote from: Straight Faced Customer on April 29, 2018, 10:45:56 AM
Norton's usually a pro, but not even he could save that weirdly low-energy Comic Relief thing he did a few years ago with a big bunch of celebs on a very long sofa. Excruciating stuff, of which all clips have been dusted under the carpet. The audience barely reacted to anything, and there was that bit where Norton seemed to turn into Terry Christian and kept probing a tight-lipped Carla Delevingne about an incident where she had sex on a plane...whilst her dad was present in the audience.

In fact that was only last year! I was amazed how shambolic that whole bit was, it was kind of reminiscent of the early Children In Needs when they would just get a load of well-known faces in a studio and hope for the best.

Here's the Delevigne bit:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAtPJtxzv4o

kidsick5000

I still love that Harold Wilson TV show where he interviews Harry Secombe.
Not something to ever watch more than once but just that someone okayed it and figured no preparation was needed.
Well yet again, it seems that someone is out there trying to destroy all evidence of it. But here's a handy reminder.
https://youtu.be/BPUhUWC2LaA

Glebe

There was a rumour going round years back that Barry Gibb was mooted to play Ulysses in a proposed life-action movie version of Ulysses 31.

Quote from: monkfromhavana on April 30, 2018, 07:53:44 AMTony Colston-Hayter. Millionaire company when still at school, thrower of massive illegal raves and now in prison for fraud on quite a large level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunrise/Back_to_the_Future

That Paul Staines bloke sounds familiar... I imagine some clued-in CaBbers are somewhat au fait with him.

leighhart

eden, not sure much of it actually made it to air by the producers did these guys something awful https://youtu.be/LSMuMc_Prjc

a duncandisorderly

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: kidsick5000 on April 30, 2018, 10:42:44 PM
I still love that Harold Wilson TV show where he interviews Harry Secombe.
Not something to ever watch more than once but just that someone okayed it and figured no preparation was needed.
Well yet again, it seems that someone is out there trying to destroy all evidence of it. But here's a handy reminder.
https://youtu.be/BPUhUWC2LaA

I need to find more of this. Don't know who's the actress fishing for a compliment about being young but that's a wonderful yawning chasm of silence that follows it.

Custard

Sam Fox is drunk and disorderly on failed reality show The Club

https://youtu.be/gOEAbg3NgLk

My claim to fame is I saw this as it went out live

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on May 02, 2018, 10:15:11 PM
I need to find more of this. Don't know who's the actress fishing for a compliment about being young but that's a wonderful yawning chasm of silence that follows it.

Pat Phoenix, i think, mainly famous for playing Elsie Tanner in Coronation Street.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on May 02, 2018, 10:15:11 PM

Pat (Elsie Tanner in Corries) Phoenix

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shameless Custard on May 02, 2018, 10:29:07 PM
My claim to fame is I saw this as it went out live

As did I, though that's more of a claim to shame, in all honesty.

yesitsme

What about Vic Reeves when he tried to be zany on Gordon's Ramsay Nightmares?  Yer very own Gordon of this world didn't see the funny side and scolded Reeves like a naughty school boy.

I love 'You're the tosser pal!'  I use it when I ever I can.  The thing with that interview is that I think Anderson's clearly a fan and is trying to have a josh with the lads.  It's not his fault their humourless fucks is it?

They must have had much worse said to them in the past while rolling around in massive piles of money, coke and unhibited groovy chicks.

Anyone said any time Kerry Catonia was on telly?

Straight Faced Customer

Quote from: Phil_A on April 30, 2018, 04:36:21 PM
In fact that was only last year! I was amazed how shambolic that whole bit was, it was kind of reminiscent of the early Children In Needs when they would just get a load of well-known faces in a studio and hope for the best.

Here's the Delevigne bit:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAtPJtxzv4o

Amazed that was 2017. It feels older exactly for as you said, it's an inadvertent throwback to crappy charity TV of yore.

Cuellar

Quote from: yesitsme on May 03, 2018, 10:18:29 AM
What about Vic Reeves when he tried to be zany on Gordon's Ramsay Nightmares?  Yer very own Gordon of this world didn't see the funny side and scolded Reeves like a naughty school boy.

I think Reeves came across 100000x better than Ramsay in this. Not hard, obviously, but still.

poodlefaker

Did Vic ask for egg and chips? I'm sure this is a reference to Charlie Bubbles, but it's years since I've seen the film and I can't find the clip online. I know Vic is a big Albert Finney fan.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: yesitsme on May 03, 2018, 10:18:29 AM

I remember it being a bit painful watching Vic on I'm A Celebrity, iirc he spent most of the time fondling his wife, and attempts at humour didn't come across well.

Sgt. Duckie

Quote from: poodlefaker on May 03, 2018, 03:09:39 PM
Did Vic ask for egg and chips? I'm sure this is a reference to Charlie Bubbles, but it's years since I've seen the film and I can't find the clip online. I know Vic is a big Albert Finney fan.

He wanted a fried egg on a china plate.

Kryton

Quote from: poodlefaker on May 03, 2018, 03:09:39 PM

He just asked for some onion soup and two fried eggs on a china plate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6U9WAdppo

QuoteThen Gordon calls actress Lynda Bellingham "f***ing stupid" when she falls over

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 03, 2018, 03:10:25 PM
I remember it being a bit painful watching Vic on I'm A Celebrity, iirc he spent most of the time fondling his wife, and attempts at humour didn't come across well.
It sort of ruined him for me, a bit. Bit creepy, bit overly possessive.

Isnt Anything

I missed that but his thigh-rubbing schtick at attractive female guests on Shooting Stars always seemed a bit too genuinely-motivated for my liking.

biggytitbo

Hard to beat Ortis 'Jessica Ennis Goodnight' Deeley, but this comes close -

QuoteAmanda Hamilton on Sunday morning chat show Something for the Weekend talking about bromance films turns round and asks guest Stephen Gately whether he likes 'man love'. Cue terrible realisation of what she just said and crushing embaressment from all present.

Kryton

I'm loving this thread, please share more.

One that springs to mind is Barrymore interviewing an old lady for some reasons and he keeps yawning and being impatient Can anyone remember what that was from? I remember watching it as a kid and even then thought it was a bit rude...

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Kryton on May 03, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
He just asked for some onion soup and two fried eggs on a china plate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6U9WAdppo

From a later Hell's Kitchen, Marco Pierre White puts BBC Breakfast Louise Minchin's husband in his place. Too arrogant or dumb to realise he's putting himself in a situation he has zero chance of winning:

https://youtu.be/Q10w8gkavkA?t=2m18s

thraxx

Quote from: Dead Soon on April 30, 2018, 12:14:25 AM
HAHA. Fucking hell I didn't remember just HOW much he actually went up to his middle there. The mortification on his face at the end makes me nearly feel sorry for him.

I'm so happy someone found that clip.  Been after it for years.  I say 'Gooooorjus face' far too much.

Ray Travez

Can't find a clip of it, but Manchester indie also-rans the New FADS being interviewed on MTV. They had just released the track Fishes Eyes. During a stilted interview, in which the band barely veil their contempt, the presenter inanely asks them, "do you think there should be more fish on television?"

Band member- not really. They couldn't do your job for a start

Reg D Hunter on some Scottish magazine-style show was awkward viewing. I seem to remember the male presenter says something that is unintentionally racially offensive, but I forget what. There was a mild furore in the press afterwards. The whole show was enjoyably embarrassing, especially as Reg keeps his cool in the midst of some truly awful interviewing... I expect it'll be hard to find...

Hmmm, I've found out the name of the show, but all reference to Stephen Jardine's comments to Reginald D Hunter on The Hour seem to have been expunged from the web.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 03, 2018, 04:09:53 PM
It sort of ruined him for me, a bit. Bit creepy, bit overly possessive.

Yeah, I feel the same way, things have never been quite the same since and I definitely prefer Bob these days.