Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:25:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RuPaul's Drag Race series 10

Started by Blue Jam, April 30, 2018, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Mini on May 30, 2018, 05:53:07 PM
Watched the latest episode last night - is RuPaul back on the coke or something? 

Ropey look on RuPaul this week anyway. Am I going mad or is there some post-production on her hairline, blurring the border between the forehead and the wig? It could also be make-up, but every episode I haven't been able to stop staring at it.

Blue Jam

Eureka has totally got this, hasn't she?

Not being able to say "IVYYYYYY WIIIIINNNNTERRRS!" correctly should have been enough to have got her sashaying away.

Blue Jam

Tonight, I will be eliminating... No-one...

Four finalists. Same lip syncin' format as last year's final then. At least that means Kameron might be in with a chance, but Christ, this is getting predictable. That said I'm also having fun predicting RuPaul's decisions. Apart from letting Eureka through to almost certain victory, of course.

I'm glad the other three stayed though as I don't think any of them deserved to sashay away. I loved Asia's runway look with the extreme padding and the jewel beard but also noted how it restricted her movements in the lip sync- she'll have to bear that in mind for the final. Loved Aquaria in the main challenge though I wasn't keen on the runway look, and Kameron Michaels really went for it and did well with the song, with both the lyrics and the robot dancing. I love Kameron's face and how she goes from being this tattooed, chiselled dude into this wide-eyed starlet. She's definitely taken Ru's advice on board there with the feminine glamour but I'd love to see just one more of her muscled superheroine looks. I'm still #TeamKameron all the way.

"Thomas Edison shouted 'EUREKA!" when he invented the lightbulb"- no he didn't, fuck off Eureka.

I found out before I was going to watch the episode that no one went home so I didn't even bother with it. Kameron is boring, Eureka is annoying. Aquaria is the Tim Yeung of drag - technically perfect, but so cold and calculating that I don't like her. So I'm rooting for Asia. Which means she's definitely not going to win.

BTW it seems that AS4 is being filmed next month. Strong possibilities - Trinity Taylor, Ongina, Valentina, Monet, and Naomi Smalls. I just want Shangela over and over again till she wins the thing.

BritishHobo

I love Drag Race but it really is the fucking champion of padding things out towards the end of a season.

Miz Cracker better be back for All Stars.

Blue Jam

I like Shangela. Maybe it's because this is Cook'd and Bomb'd and I'm biased, but I always admire the comedy queens.

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on June 17, 2018, 07:23:25 PM
I found out before I was going to watch the episode that no one went home so I didn't even bother with it. Kameron is boring, Eureka is annoying. Aquaria is the Tim Yeung of drag - technically perfect, but so cold and calculating that I don't like her. So I'm rooting for Asia. Which means she's definitely not going to win.

Asia is my second favourite after Kameron. I'd be happy to see either of them win. Unfortunately I think it'll be Eureka or Aquaria.

checkoutgirl

Is egdelord now officially a word?

Cuellar

Got to be nailed on for Aquaria hasn't it?

Eureka was in the bottom once, and alienates people.

Aquaria has been class all the way through.

BritishHobo

That was an astonishingly thoughtful hour of reality TV. The whole Vixen section was fucking electric.

Poor Asia! Felt so sorry for her, her face when she realised the butterflies on her wrist were duds was awful (also hilarious tho). Final lipsync was bizarre in that it looked like Eureka and Kameron didn't know the words and they were so low energy, unless there was some creative editing it seemed like Aquaria was giving a performance with two xanax-ed out backup dancers. At least Eureka didn't win.

Mini

Did they learn nothing from season 7? Who cares if Aquaria can turn a look, she's still awful... The only saving grace is that it was such a weak final 4 that I don't think anyone really cares. Stop getting rid of the most likeable queens! And get rid of RuPaul while you're at it. He came out of that Asia argument so badly. You're supposed to be a voice for the disenfranchised, how does writing off anyone who dares challenge your reality show fit into that? And then in the final when she "jokes" (yeah right) to Asia that "you'd be nothing without me"... fucking hell.