Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Quote from: TwinPeaks on May 14, 2018, 10:24:31 PM
That face Jez makes in Peep Show when he's trying to fuck up his interview. It always comes just slightly earlier than I expect and catches me off guard every time.

One of the biggest laughs I've ever had in my laugh, that.

edit: that's right, in my whole laugh.

Sebastian Cobb

In the robot wars episode of Phoenix Nights where Potter asks some spod 'have you ever kissed a girl?'

Ornlu

More AD, but S4 this time - the minor aside at the beginning of this clip with Gob and Ann: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MDtEGuT2GQ

Quote"... it does now, my darling Plant."
"Ann!"
"AND! After I dazzle everyone tonight on the Queen Mary... "

It's hard to convey properly written down. Of all the Ann/Bland/Egg/Hand/Plant jokes, this is my fave, as it's by far the most mundane. Plus Gob's visible exasperation in believing he's being nagged into remembering something, oblivious to Ann's own (far more justified) exasperation at him being unable to remember his girlfriend's name. Deft writing.

kigny

The 'package holiday' in one of the welcomes in Blue Jam nearly killed me. I still don't understand why

Jockice

Will's 'are we still doing this?' in the first episode of The Inbetweeners when the other three are going on about wanting to fuck his mum.

Listened to Bad Touch just now for some reason, and the bit where the hypeman exclaims 'getting horny now!' set me off something fierce.

neveragain

Simpsons: Roger Meyers Jr - Itchy and Scratchy guy - in court, responding to the blue-haired lawyer saying remember you're under oath by saying, "(whatever, then) and I don't think I am under oath" ... Just a little snippet of incompetence on behalf of the court but really makes me chuckle.

Porter Dimi

In Arrested Development, the zoom in on Franklin Delano Bluth's face at the end of this https://youtu.be/TUVCkxIBdcE

Ornlu

Quote from: Porter Dimi on June 09, 2018, 07:53:30 AM
In Arrested Development, the zoom in on Franklin Delano Bluth's face at the end of this https://youtu.be/TUVCkxIBdcE

Likewise, this bit of George Sr's tea-party dolls in the attic. I howl every damn time.

Bhazor

The bit in the Wine episode of Black Books where Manny goes to clink glasses and Bernard just necks it straight down instead. Unscripted but its one of those accidental moments that ends up fitting the characters perfectly.

New Jack

Early in Kimmy Schmidt, when Jacqueline offers her a bottle of water, taking one out the cooler, Kimmy says no, so Jacqueline drops it straight into the bin still sealed

Frasier, in the focus group episode. After he sets the fella's stall on fire, Niles explains to Martin in the car, Martin has his head down and just goes 'uh huh' - hilarious for its resigned delivery

kalowski

"Pa Larkin, out this condom on your penis so that when we have sex you will not impregnate me."

"Thank you, it fits perfick"

I can't remember what it was from, but Rowan Atkinson was Pa Larkin.

BeardFaceMan

magval

In the scene where Gob Bluth sinks the yacht, Annyong is stood with his head down shaking, and then you realise he's shaking in time with the fireworks. It's been ages since I've watched the series so I don't know if this is one of those things that's later (or earlier) explained but it's very subtle, as they're in a crowd scene and the focus is directed to the other characters.

Clownbaby

I watched The Hangover again the other day, didn't find it as funny the 2nd time around, but there's a wedding singer doing a really enthusiastic cover of Candy Shop by 50 Cent, and for a split second the camera switches to Jeffrey Tambor (dad of the bride) giving the singer such a disgusted, irritated look. It really got me for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Tz5M_gM9I

MojoJojo

Ferris

"It ain't so bad - I'm in here with my comeday hero, Ronnay Barkay. Shamon, Ronnay!"

Epic Bisto

Quote from: rm2kmaster on May 02, 2018, 08:46:16 AM
Santa's little Helper saying "Chewy" in response to Homers writers block.

Yes! My favourite Simpsons moment.

I'll also add the bit in The Armando Iannucci Shows where he's showing off those photos from Disneyland when all the employees were in casual clothes, as well as the barber talking about Clangers "I feel sorry for them because they live on the moon. Have you ever seen it?" "No."

Regarding Vic and Bob moments, the Slade Xmas special has three moments that make me guffaw, all courtesy of Charlie Higson:
- Simon Le Bon shouting "MEWWY XMAFFF FLADE!"
- "Would you like one of my orange flavoured cup-a-soups?" (Simon smugly replies) "Ooh that would be lovely Miffter Hill if it's not too much bother"
- Simon stealing money from Dave's wallet while flicking the Vs behind his back.

The bit in House Of Fools where Bob is breathing heavily while drawing lines on a map.

Brass Eye: the bit where the Apollo 11 sex receptacle is "whisked away to a shut-up-and-eat home"

Rolf Lundgren

That old bloke in Curb Your Enthusiasm who tells Larry that what he did was 'Rrrrrrrotten!'. Think it might have even been the first episode.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on July 08, 2018, 06:42:56 PM
That old bloke in Curb Your Enthusiasm who tells Larry that what he did was 'Rrrrrrrotten!'. Think it might have even been the first episode.

It's Jeff's dad. His declaration that he'll be ordering the 'Fish Frenzy' is similarly fantastic.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on July 08, 2018, 06:42:56 PM

I love that moment!  I often find myself quoting it within my mind.

Clownbaby

Chris Morris' cheeky lil smile when he's watching himself fucking onscreen

Sebastian Cobb

McPoyle's explosive 'YOUUU WILLLLL CALLLL HERRRRR!' at Mac. And Devito's vacant look throughout the whole scene.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 09, 2018, 01:24:44 PM
McPoyle's explosive 'YOUUU WILLLLL CALLLL HERRRRR!' at Mac. And Devito's vacant look throughout the whole scene.

For me it's got to be "...especially Dennis." lustily eyes up Dennis

BJBMK2

Loads from This Is Spinal Tap

Marty Di Bergi going to fold his arms, before deciding against it.

"New York, New York"

"Spinal Taps recording of Sex Farm?"

I'm just as God made me, sir!"

Ians incredulous expression at Bobbi Fleckmans "money talks, and bullshit walks"

"David. Smell The Glove is here. Hello Jeanine"

When David asks Viv the keyboard player if he can double the bassline on Big Bottom. "Yeah I mean, I've got two hands, it's good" (or something like that).

Nigel's stroppy "He can't play the fucking guitar!" during the recording studio scene.

Large Noise

This "Dead Air" comment from Frank in It's Always Sunny. It pops into my head when I can't think of anything to say to in conversation.

https://youtu.be/i2BQ-wYaKbc?t=36